Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spots/Moves You Don't See Much Anymore

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    Plants. In an age where almost every fan recognizes indy/NXT talent, it is refreshing to go back and see someone like Santino just come out of the crowd as if they were an average joe.
    Damn internet.

I think the last good audience plant was Sting in TNA when he wore a Sting mask and attacked RVD.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    Damn internet.

I think the last good audience plant was Sting in TNA when he wore a Sting mask and attacked RVD.

I loved that.

I haven't seen a 'I'll kill us both' spot in a while. You know where the wrestler knows they'll get hurt but their hatred for their opponent overwhelms them.

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

4. Likes Yaz, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A big guy, usually Kane/Taker, getting hit in the back with a chair, slowly turning around with the "oh you dead now" face. Lesnar sometimes does it on a few moves.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    I really miss good overselling. Nothing cheesy like Shawn does when he's being Shawn.

I remember how Curt Hennig used to stumble toward his opponent from the corner, take a chop across the chest, and sell it by launching himself in the air as if the momentum from his stumbling had enough energy to carry him forward and upward and the chop merely stopped his upper half from continuing on the momentum's path. He would be airborne long enough to kick his legs frantically as if he desperately wanted to understand what was happening.

I remember Vince on commentary during one of these spots, versus Greg Valentine I believe, and Vince goes "OOOOH YEAH!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    People legitimately getting marked up bad by chops. Samoa Joe wrecked Daniel Bryans chest at the Elimination Chamber with hilariously hard knife edge chops that left him with blood spots and marks all over his chest, it was the first time I've seen it done purposely in awhile. Flair vs (Forgot his Chinese name) went wild with chops on each other for the WCW Title in Japan and they both looked like they endured hours of whip torture the way they were marked up, shit must have stinged like hell.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information