Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yaz Runs OVW in TEW 2016: A Subpar LP

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    RVD recommended Brian Pillman Jr to me. He is a solid prospect, but I signed him more to appease Van Dam, who wasn't happy he dropped the title. Still, at 250 PPA, Pillman Jr has solid skills and potential.

OVW Presents: All or Nothing 2019
    Live from Charleston, Illinois

Backstage Incidents
    James Storm, KENTA, and Akira Tozawa are all in Japan.
    RVD has taken Brian Pillman Jr under his wing.
    After all my positive speeches, I gained the Motivational Speech ability. I used it for the first time and amped the roster.

Pre Show

Christina Von Eerie vs Ruby Raze E+
    In a poor pre-show match, Christina Von Eerie defeated Ruby Raze in 5:40 by submission with a West Coast Curse.

Hurricane Helms vs Shad Gaspard E+
    In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Hurricane Helms defeated Shad Gaspard in 7:38 by pinfall with a Shining Wizard.

Afa Anoa'i & Amazing Red vs Mr 450 & Flip Gordon D-
    In a pre-show bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Afa Anoa'i Jr and Amazing Red defeated Mr 450 and Flip Gordon in 8:37 when Afa Anoa'i Jr defeated Mr 450 by pinfall with a Lights Out.

Dick Justice vs Jervis Cottonbelly E
    In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Dick Justice defeated Jervis Cottonbelly in 6:18 by pinfall.
    Notes: Justice and Jervis didn't seem to click and it made for an awkward bout.

Foxxy vs Jay-TG vs Ryan Nova E+
    In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Foxxy defeated Jay-TG and Ryan Nova in 8:45 when Foxxy defeated Jay-TG by pinfall with a Foxxy Buster.

Main Show

Segment: Diamond Dallas Page comes out to the ring and introduces himself as the new Authority Figure of the company. He thanks Christy Hemme and offers her a role as an interviewer. D+
    Notes: DDP has debuted his Legend gimmick, rated as Above Average.

Angelico vs Brian Pillman Jr E+
    In a poor match, Angelico defeated Brian Pillman Jr in 6:46 by submission with a Cruceta Invertida.
    Notes: Pillman Jr debuted his Crazy gimmick, rated as Above Average.
    Angelico and Pillman Jr have pretty good chemistry together and it lifted the match.

Segment: Stevie Richards offers to coach Fallah Bahh and Bahh accepts. E+
    Notes: Richards has debuted his Inept Coach gimmick, rated as Average.

Segment: Bruce Prichard is backstage talking to Barry Ryan. Prichard says that Ryan is dead weight and will no longer be his manager. E
    Notes: The seeds for a Ryan face turn were planted and the fans didn't respond well.

Fallah Bahh vs Michael Dante E+
    In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Fallah Bahh defeated Michael Dante in 6:26 by pinfall.
    Notes: Richards did some good work at ringside.

Joey Ryan vs Cortez D
    In a decent match, Cortez defeated Joey Ryan in 5:58 by submission with a Dragon Sleeper.
    Notes: Ryan and Cortez had good chemistry and it showed.

Segment: Diamond Dallas Page comes to the ring with something under his arm. DDP announces the creation of the OVW Cruiserweight Title. A tournament will be held to crown the first champ at the next show! D+

Barry Ryan vs Chris Adonis D-
    In a decent match, Chris Adonis defeated Barry Ryan in 8:02 by submission with an Adonis Lock.
    Notes: Ryan debuted his Avenger gimmick, rated as Average. He officially turned face in the match. It went badly.

Team Overkill vs The War Kings D-
    In a poor match, The War Kings defeated Team Overkill in 8:48 when Crimson defeated Matt Cage by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage.

Extra Talented vs Pieces of Hate E+
    In a poor match, Extra Talented defeated The Pieces of Hate in 8:02 when Aaron Solo defeated The Shard by pinfall.
    Notes: The script had to be changed mid match as jigsaw suffered an injury. It threw the flow off.

Segment: Cyrme Tyme are in their car and cut a promo hyping themselves up, claiming after the last two matches, its clear there are no more challengers in OVW. E+

Sugar Dunkerton vs Taya Valkyrie(c) - OVW American Title D
    In a decent match, Taya Valkyrie defeated Sugar Dunkerton in 10:44 by pinfall with a Northern Lights Suplex. Taya Valkyrie makes defence number 3 of her OVW American title. During the match, Stevie Richards came out on stage to watch but made sure not to distract from the match.

Segment: A video airs showing Dick justice arresting a "fan" in the parking lot before the show. E+

Bailey & Cassidy (Peyton Royce) vs Carlito Colon and Robbie E C-
    In a decent match, Bailey and Cassidy drew with Carlito Colon and Robbie E in 13:07 following a double count out when Bailey and Carlito brawled on the outside.

Bailey carried the match in terms of in-ring performance.
    Notes: Cassidy debuted her Suave gimmick, rated as Average.

Segment: After the match, Bailey and Carlito Colon won't stop fighting and despite the attempts by security to break them up, it's an all out brawl to the back. D-

Jay Bradley vs Rob Van Dam D+
    In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Rob Van Dam defeated Jay Bradley in 10:49 by pinfall with a Five Star Frog Splash.

Pac(c) vs Aaron Stevens - OVW World Heavyweight Title C
    In a bout that had great wrestling and good heat, Pac defeated Aaron Stevens in 13:16 by pinfall with a Shooting Star Senton. Pac makes defence number 1 of his OVW World Heavyweight title.

Overall Rating - C-

Post Show Notes
    The 500 seat arena sold out. Not only was it our first sell out, but we had to turn people away.
    Popularity increased in all 11 US Regions.
    Jigsaw suffered a broken rib. He is out at least 27 days.
    Jigsaw was given some encouragement following his injury. He seemed pleased.
    Bruce Prichard and Jay Bradley were both complimented on a good performance. They both seemed pleased.

James Storm had the night off the NJPW tour. Tozawa wrestled Ultimo Dragon in MPW. KENTA had the night off the ZERO1 tour.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So I have run into a bit of an issue that I did not foresee. The women who were WWE castoffs (and Taya) have become some of my most popular wrestlers. The men on the roster are upset and some are refusing to work with the women. Once I can sign enough talent I plan on putting in a women's division. For now I will continue to book the women against the men who won't throw fits (shout out to Carlito) and introduce a Women's Title to give the women who are getting hosed something to do. As such, some more hires are coming.

August

OVW News
    To start building the women's division I have signed Naomi (Who will wrestle under the name Trinity) Paige Turner (Middle American indipendant mainstay who uses a librarian/lawyer gimmick) Laura James (Mrs. Joey Ryan) Zeda Zhang (Chinese wrestler who had a few matches in NXT and was in the first Mae Young Classic) Princesa Sugehit (masked CMLL mainstay and Mae Young Classic competitor) Kris Wolf (YouTube personality, former Stardom wrestler and all around pleasant gal) Gabby Ortiz (ROH wrestler trained by Punishment Martinez) and Hikaru Shida (Japanese wrestler who was a long time competitor in Ice Ribbon). I am also looking at bringing in Nia Jax, who I was surprised to see WWE let go. With the exception of Naomi, none of the girls cost more than 800 a show. I also reworked the contracts of the few wrestlers who had a downside guarantee, so now I only have to pay talent I use, saving me on my wage bill.

Major Title Changes
    Gran Metalik defeated Buddy Murphy for the CW Title at SummerSlam.
    Also of note, Nikki Cross (Smackdown Women's Champion) challenged Ronda Rousey for the Raw Women's Title. Ronda retained, but it will be interesting to see where the show specific titles go from here as the Raw Tag Team Titles were not defend on the show.
    Matt Taven defeated Jeff Cobb for the ROH TV Title at Death Before Dishonor.
    Tomohiro Ishii claimed the G1 Climax Title.
    Nick Jackson won PWG's BOLA 2019. He was a last minute entrant after Matt tore his MCL a few weeks before the show.

World News
    Lucha Underground rose to Cult size.
    Vince Russo was named head booker of PAW. Way to doom them before they even start.
    AJPW released twenty wrestlers over the course of the month before declaring they were at war with every company in Japan. Get your popcorn ready.
    In addition to Naomi, TJP and Viktor of Ascension fame also left WWE.
    A week before Naomi was fired, she and Jimmy Uso divorced.
    Mike Bailey and Veda Scott broke up.
    Taeler Hendrix was arrested for assaulting a police officer.
    Bob Holly opened his own wrestling school, The School of Holly.
    Masakatsu Funaki was inducted into the Hall of Immortals.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OVW Presents: Old School 2019
    Live from Evanston, Illinois

Backstage Incidents
    Akira Tozawa and KENTA are in Japan tonight.

Pre Show

Jay Bradley vs Brian Pillman Jr D-
    In a poor pre-show match, Jay Bradley defeated Brian Pillman Jr in 6:20 by pinfall with a Barrel Roll Driver.

Mr 450 and Team Overkill vs Cortez and The War Kings D-
    In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Mr 450 and Team Overkill defeated Cortez and The War Kings in 10:12 when Christian Rose defeated Jax Dane by pinfall.

Jervis Cottonbelly vs Jigsaw F+
    In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Jervis Cottonbelly defeated Jigsaw in 5:14 by submission with a Downton Lock.
    Notes: This was a comedy match. Jigsaw thanked me for giving me giving him an easy return to the ring after his injury.

Segment: Afa Anoa'i Jr is shown backstage on his cell phone, talking to someone. Who that someone is is a mystery, but it sounds intriguing. E+

Ryan Nova vs The Shard E
    In a poor pre-show match, Ryan Nova defeated The Shard in 7:28 by submission.

Main Show

Segment: Diamond Dallas Page announces the four men in the CW Tournament. Amazing Red, Angelico, Hurricane Helms and Robbie E. He puts each man over. E

Dick Justice vs Taya Valkyrie(c) - OVW American Title D
    In a decent match, Taya Valkyrie defeated Dick Justice in 7:19 by pinfall. Taya Valkyrie makes defence number 4 of her OVW American title.

Segment: We see James Storm entering the arena. He's here! D+

Amazing Red vs Robbie E - CW Title Tournament Match D
    In a decent match, Robbie E defeated Amazing Red in 8:42 by pinfall with a Fresh to Death.

Angelico vs Hurricane Helms - CW Title Tournament Match D-
    In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Angelico defeated Hurricane Helms in 8:52 by submission with a Cruceta Invertida.

Segment: Christy Hemme interviews Bruce Prichard. He promotes Chris Adonis. D-

Barry Ryan vs Michael Dante D-
    In a decent match, Barry Ryan defeated Michael Dante in 8:07 by pinfall with a Cobra Clutch Slam.

Flip Gordon vs Chris Adonis D
    In a decent match, Chris Adonis defeated Flip Gordon in 5:47 by submission with an Adonis Lock.

Segment: Diamond Dallas Page announces that he has signed Jaxx (Nia Jax) to a contract. He says the Cruiserweights aren't the only ones getting gold tonight. He announces a fifteen gal battle royal to crown the inaugural OVW Women's Champion. D

15 Person Battle Royal - OVW Women's Title D
    In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Jaxx won a Battle Royal in 16:42. The other members of the 'final four' were Cassidy, Foxxy and Bailey, with Cassidy being the final elimination. Bailey got the most eliminations over the course of the match. During the match we also had Carlito Colon distract Bailey. Jaxx wins the OVW Women's title.
    Notes: There were a lot of debuts here, but only Jaxx is currently a focal point of the roster. Her Dominatrix (Dominant female, not sexual) gimmick debuted at Above Average.

Segment: Christy Hemme hosts her new talk show, Impact Exposure, with her guests Aaron Solo and Ricky Starks. They promise to take the tag titles from Cryme Tyme tonight and won't let themselves be cheated out of gold again. E+

Extra Talented vs Cryme Tyme(c) - OVW Tag Team Titles D-
    In a decent match, Extra Talented defeated Cryme Tyme in 10:56 when Shad Gaspard intentionally got disqualified while fighting Ricky Starks. Cryme Tyme retains the titles.

Segment: Pac is shown warming up backstage. D+

Sugar Dunkerton & Fallah Bahh vs Aaron Stevens & RVD D
    In a decent match, Aaron Stevens and Rob Van Dam defeated Sugar Dunkerton and Fallah Bahh in 9:15 when Aaron Stevens defeated Fallah Bahh by pinfall with an Idolizer.

Segment: Jay-TG and Shad Gaspard cut a promo on Aaron Solo and Ricky Starks. A backstage worker hands them a piece of paper. Jay-TG and Shad shove the worker into some boxes and storm off. The camera pans down to show that Cryme Tyme will be forced to defend their titles in a steel cage against Extra Talented at the next show. E

Angelico vs Robbie E - OVW Cruiserweight Title D
    In a decent match, Robbie E defeated Angelico in 10:58 by pinfall with a handful of tights. Robbie E wins the OVW Cruiserweight title.

Joey Ryan vs Carlito Colon D-
    In a decent match, Joey Ryan defeated Carlito Colon in 9:16 by submission with an End Scene after a distraction from Bailey.

Segment: After the match, Carlito Colon snaps and attacks referee Brian Stiffler. E+

Segment: Bailey cuts a backstage promo, saying if Carlito wants to play dirty, she can play dirty. D

James Storm vs Pac(c) - OVW World Heavyweight Title C+
    In a bout that had superb wrestling and good heat, Pac defeated James Storm in 13:46 by pinfall with a 630 Senton. Pac makes defence number 2 of his OVW World Heavyweight title.

Final Rating - C-

Post Show Notes
    This was my first show on ESPN's on demand service. We now reach more homes in the US, and are available in Canada.
    All 600 tickets were sold and we again had to turn people away at the door.
    Popularity increased in 18 regions. All 11 in the US and all 7 in Canada.
    Pac, James Storm, and Robbie E were all complimented on good performances. Pac verbally thanked me, while the other two seemed pleased.

Tozawa and KENTA wrestled for MPW and ZERO1 respectively, both losing.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    September

OVW News
    The Women's Division is still going forward now that Naomi, now known as Trinity, is officially signed. A lot of the low card women will be local one night hires until I can turn a profit. 9 months of operating at a loss takes its toll, but gates and merchandise revenue are increasing.
    ESPN was pleased with the initial show and decided to buyout the remaining four shows I could potentially air on Powerbomb.TV.

Major Title Changes
    Jay Briscoe defeated Jeff Cobb to win the ROH Survival of the Fittest Tournament.

World News
    With New Japan being in their 'off-season' they took to signing a fair number of talent to written deals. Most of those who they signed were guy who worked for other Japanese promotions.
    The Mighty(TM-61), Jaxson Ryker, and Danny Burch were promoted to the main roster.
    Current NXT and former Impact referee Rudy Charles died at age 41 in a car accident.
    Aja Kong, The Sandman, Dalip Singh (Khali), El Canek, Scott Steiner, Shane Douglas, Sabu, and Raven were all inducted into the Hall of Immortals.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OVW Presents: Hell Night 2019
    Live from Dayton, Ohio

Backstage Incidents
    KENTA and Tozawa are in Japan. Laura James and Cassidy are on maternity leave.
    I gave a motivational speech and it pumped up the locker room. I learned you have to wait two months between speeches, so going forward they will be saved for bigger shows.
    Jaxx (Nia Jax) thanked me for hiring her boyfriend, Josh Woods.
    We also have a new surprise signing, but I wanna keep that a secret until the reveal.

Pre Show

Amazing Red vs Brian Pillman Jr. D-
    In a poor pre-show match, Amazing Red defeated Brian Pillman Jr in 6:46 by pinfall with a Red Star Press.

Princess Sugehit vs Christina Von Eerie vs Paige Turner vs Gabby Ortiz D-
    In a pre-show bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Paige Turner defeated Princesa Sugehit, Christina Von Eerie and Gabby Ortiz in 9:24 when Paige Turner defeated Christina Von Eerie by pinfall.

Hikaru Shida & Makoto vs Ruby Raze & Zeda Zhang E+
    In a poor pre-show match, Ruby Raze and Zeda Zhang defeated Hikaru Shida and Makoto in 8:09 when Ruby Raze defeated Makoto by pinfall.
    Notes: Raze and Zhang have absolutely zero chemistry as partners.

Flip Gordon vs Josh Woods E+
    In a poor pre-show match, Flip Gordon defeated Josh Woods in 5:31 by pinfall.
    Notes: Josh Woods debuted his Redneck gimmick, rated as Great.

Mr 450 & Ryan Nova vs Cortez and Jax Dane E+
    In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Mr 450 and Ryan Nova defeated Cortez and Jax Dane in 9:55 when Mr 450 defeated Cortez by pinfall with a 450 Splash.

Main Show

Segment: Diamond Dallas Page is shown backstage on his cell phone, talking to someone. He thanks him and can't wait to see him tonight. Christy Hemme asks DDP who that was, DDP says it is the newest member of the OVW roster, a real Leviathan in the industry. He winks at Hemme before he walks to his office. C-

Fallah Bahh vs Taya Valkyrie(c) - OVW American Title D+
    In a decent match, Taya Valkyrie defeated Fallah Bahh in 7:03 by submission. Taya Valkyrie makes defense number 5 of her OVW American title.

Team Overkill vs Pieces of Hate D-
    In a poor match, Team Overkill defeated The Pieces of Hate in 9:25 when Christian Rose defeated Jigsaw by pinfall.

Segment: Bailey is interviewed by Christy Hemme about her upcoming match with Carlito Colon. She says she and Carlito have played this game too long, and tonight it ends. D-

Hurricane Helms vs Joey Ryan E+
    In a comedy bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Joey Ryan defeated Hurricane Helms in 8:01 by submission with an End Scene.

Jay Bradley vs Michael Dante D
    In a decent match, Michael Dante defeated Jay Bradley in 10:17 by submission after interference from Taya Valkyrie.
    Notes: Bradley and Dante have great chemistry and it showed, helping the match quality.

Segment: Christy Hemme interviews Bruce Prichard. He promotes Chris Adonis. He says Adonis is unstoppable and will stake his claim to the OVW World Heavyweight Title soon. Adonis mostly just stands around and poses. D

Segment: Cryme Tyme cuts a promo on Extra Talented. They have been a thorn in their side for too long, so tonight, Extra Talented will taste the steel. E+

Extra Talented vs Cryme Tyme(c) - OVW Tag Team Titles - Steel Cage Match D
    In a decent match, Extra Talented defeated Cryme Tyme in 13:48 when Ricky Starks escaped the cage. Aaron Solo was thrown out the door first, making it 2v1. Jay-TG then climbed over the top to even it out. Starks then fell to the floor while fighting Shad on top of the cage. Extra Talented win the OVW Tag Team titles.

Segment: Diamond Dallas Page is on the ramp, and introduces Trinity as the newest member of the roster. Trinity comes out and poses for the crowd. While she is posing, Jaxx pushes her way past and makes her way to the ring. D
    Notes: Trinity has debuted her Dancer gimmick, rated as Average.

Jaxx(c) vs Foxxy - OVW Women's Title D-
    In a decent match, Jaxx defeated Foxxy in 7:18 by pinfall. Jaxx makes defence number 1 of her OVW Women's title.

Segment: Dick Justice and Jervis Cottonbelly are at the catering area. Jervis is trying to teach Justice the gentlemanly way to eat a donut, but it doesn't go well. E+

Angelico & Barry Ryan & Sugar Dunkerton vs Robbie E & Chris Adonis & Aaron Stevens D
    In a decent match, Robbie E, Chris Adonis and Aaron Stevens defeated Angelico, Barry Ryan and Sugar Dunkerton in 9:43 when Chris Adonis defeated Sugar Dunkerton by submission with an Adonis Lock.

Segment: James Storm comes to the ring. Storm says no one in this company can touch him. He issues an open challenge. He waits and waits and is about to leave the ring when.....

Dave Batista's music hits! Storm freaks out and tries to back out, but the match is on. B-

James Storm vs Batista C
    In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Dave Batista defeated James Storm in 10:47 by pinfall with a Batista Bomb.
    Notes: The crowd was very shocked by Batista showing up in OVW. He debuted his Bad Ass gimmick, rated as Great.

Afa Anoa'i & Trinity vs Rob Van Dam & Kris Wolf D
    In a decent match, Rob Van Dam and Kris Wolf defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr and Trinity in 9:34 when Rob Van Dam defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr by pinfall with a Five Star Frog Splash.

Carlito Colon vs Bailey C-
    In a decent match, Bailey drew with Carlito Colon in 12:05 following a double count out.

Segment: Pac is walking out of his locker room when he passes Batista. The Animal shakes his hand and says he is a big fan of Pac. Pac says he likes Guardians of the Galaxy. Batista laughs but looks down at Pac's World Title before he walks away. B-

Crimson vs Pac(c) - OVW World Heavyweight Title C
    In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Pac defeated Crimson in 10:53 by pinfall with a 630 Senton. Pac makes defence number 3 of his OVW World Heavyweight title.

Overall Rating - C

Post Show Notes
    712 of 750 tickets sold.
    Popularity increased in 18 regions, all 11 in the US and 7 in Canada.
    Batista was complimented on a good performance and he seemed pleased.
    Aaron Solo and Ricky Starks were hugs for their title win. They seemed pleased.
    KENTAD main evented the ZERO1 tour show tonight. Tozawa was in the co-main event for MPW. Both were six man tag matches. Both were on the winning team.
    Last edited by Yaz; 01-29-2019 at 02:37 AM.

6. Likes Echelon liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    October

OVW News
    Popularity is increasing, but otherwise there were no major news stories for me in October.
    All US based promotions sized Regional and lower now view me as a competitor. LU does as all, but ROH and Impact have not told me they hate me yet.

Major Title Changes
    Ruby Riott defeated Ronda Rousey at TLC to win the Raw Women's Title.
    AOP defeated The Bar at TLC to win the Smackdown Tag Titles.
    Eric Rowan defeated Rusev on Main Event the week before TLC to win the US Title.
    Trey Miguel defeated Taiji Ishimori to win the X Division Title on the second Impact show of the month.
    Gedo defeated Chris Jericho on the first night of NJPW's tour to win the IWGP Intercontinental Title. On the first weekend show of the tour Tama Tonga defeated Gedo to take the title.
    Jushin Liger and Tiger Mask defeated The Prestige on the second night of the tour to win the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles.
    Dalton Castle defeated Matt Taven for the ROH World Television Title.

World News
    Rhyno, Titus O'Neil, and Buddy Murphy are gone from WWE. WWE declined to renew their contracts.
    Les Thatcher passed away at age 78.
    Vampiro and Simon Grimm (Simon Gotch) were involved in a fight at a LU taping. I like to imagine Grimm throwing sodas at Vampiro and Vampiro deflecting them with his farts.
    Ivelisse started dating Tama Tonga.
    JoJo and Bray Wyatt broke up. That certainly was a crazy trip.
    Lady Shani suffered a broken vertebrae in a match while working for AAA. Recovery time is at least fifteen months.
    Candice LaRae gave birth. Word on the street is that Baby Wrestling is one tough cupcake.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Great surprise man. Love to see what you do with ol' Drax.

This promotion is coming along nicely. You have the talent I'd go pay to see.

9. Likes Yaz liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    Great surprise man. Love to see what you do with ol' Drax.

This promotion is coming along nicely. You have the talent I'd go pay to see.
    I just made another big signing that I could not believe was available.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OVW Presents: Battle of the Best 2019
    Live from Chicago, Illinois

Backstage Incidents
    Laura James and Cassidy are on maternity leave.

Pre Show

Afa Anoa'i Jr vs Brian Pillman Jr D-
    In a pre-show bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Afa Anoa'i Jr defeated Brian Pillman Jr in 6:35 by pinfall with a Lights Out.
    Notes: Trinity accompanied Anoa'i to the ring and did some good work. The two have excellent chemistry.

Angelico & Flip Gordon vs The Pieces of Hate D-
    In a decent pre-show match, The Pieces of Hate defeated Angelico and Flip Gordon in 7:18 when Jigsaw defeated Flip Gordon by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage.

Trinity & Christina Von Eerie & Princesa Sugehit vs Gabby Ortiz & Kris Wolf & Paige Turner D-
    In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Trinity, Christina Von Eerie and Princesa Sugehit defeated Gabby Ortiz, Kris Wolf and Paige Turner in 10:48 when Trinity defeated Gabby Ortiz by pinfall with a Split-Legged Moonsault.

Dick Justice vs Josh Woods vs Michael Dante D-
    In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Michael Dante defeated Dick Justice and Josh Woods in 7:39 when Michael Dante defeated Josh Woods by pinfall.

Segment: Sugar Dunkerton is shown in the parking lot shooting hoops with Stevie Richards. E+
    Notes: This segment was used to transition Dunkerton from his Comic Relief gimmick to a more serious Dual Sport Athlete gimmick. The new gimmick rated as awful.

Hikaru Shida vs Zeda Zhang E+
    In a poor pre-show match, Zeda Zhang defeated Hikaru Shida in 6:05 by pinfall.

Hurricane Helms vs Cortez E+
    In a poor pre-show match, Hurricane Helms defeated Cortez in 7:26 by pinfall with a Double Knee Facebreaker.

Main Show

Segment: Christy Hemme hosts her show, Impact Exposure in the ring, with her guest Pac. Pac talks about being a fighting champion and how he welcomes all challengers. During the interview, a masked figure comes through the stands and jumps Pac from behind. The masked figure lays out Pac with a thunderous spear before revealing himself to be Rhino! D

Portly Gentlemen vs Cryme Tyme D-
    In a decent match, Cryme Tyme defeated Portly Gentlemen in 7:32 when Shad Gaspard defeated Jervis Cottonbelly by pinfall with a Thugnificent.
    Notes: Jay-TG altered his gimmick to be less serious and more gimmicky. It is now rated as Above Average.

Team Overkill vs The War Kings D-
    In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, The War Kings defeated Team Overkill in 8:18 when Crimson defeated Matt Cage by pinfall with a Mercy Kill.

Segment: A video of Trinity showing off her various dance moves is shown. C-

Ryan Nova vs Aaron Stevens D
    In a decent match, Aaron Stevens defeated Ryan Nova in 7:32 by pinfall with an Idolizer.
    Notes: Stevens debuted his new Arrogant gimmick, rated as Above Average.

Segment: After the match, Aaron Stevens celebrates in the ring. He takes the celebration way too far, heeling it up and going entirely overboard. D+

Segment: Backstage, Taya Valkyrie is shown walking into Chris Adonis's locker room. E+

Segment: In the ring, Extra Talented have a celebration ceremony to commemorate their recent title win. They promise to defend the titles with honor. E+

Barry Ryan vs Taya Valkyrie(c) - OVW American Title D
    In a decent match, Taya Valkyrie defeated Barry Ryan in 9:44 by pinfall with a Northern Lights Suplex following interference from Chris Adonis. Taya Valkyrie makes defense number 6 of her OVW American title.

Joey Ryan vs Robbie E(c) - OVW Cruiserweight Title D
    In a decent match, Robbie E defeated Joey Ryan in 8:44 by pinfall with a Fresh to Death. Robbie E makes defence number 1 of his OVW Cruiserweight title.

Segment: Carlito cuts a backstage promo on Bailey. He says tonight, he will be the last one standing. D

Chris Adonis vs Amazing Red & Mr 450 D+
    In a decent match, Chris Adonis defeated Mr 450 and Amazing Red in 5:31 when Chris Adonis defeated Mr 450 by submission with an Adonis Lock.
    Notes: Mr 450 went down awkwardly on his knee at one point. He quickly tagged out and spent some time on the floor before tagging back in. He was noticeably limping to the finish.

Segment: A video package airs showing Bailey talking about watching Carlito when she was younger. Tonight, she will watch him fail to beat the ten count. D

Bailey vs Carlito Colon - Last Man Standing C-
    In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Bailey defeated Carlito Colon in a Last Man Standing match in 17:09 when Carlito Colon could not beat a ten count after a Rose Plant off an anvil case.

Segment: Bruce Prichard talks to his client, Chris Adonis. He says the company will have to recognize his dominance after the handicap victory earlier in the night. D-

Jay Bradley vs James Storm C-
    In a decent match, James Storm defeated Jay Bradley in 9:33 by pinfall with an Eye of the Storm.

Batista & Foxxy vs Rob Van Dam & Jaxx D+
    In a bout that had fantastic heat and decent wrestling, Dave Batista and Foxxy defeated Rob Van Dam and Jaxx in 10:11 when Dave Batista defeated Rob Van Dam by pinfall with a Batista Bomb.

Segment: Diamond Dallas Page announces that he has signed Rebecca Knox to a contract and she will be here, next! D

Rebecca Knox vs Ruby Raze D+
    In a decent match, Rebecca Knox defeated Ruby Raze in 5:41 by pinfall with a Hard Knox.
    Notes: Knox has debuted her Equality Fighter gimmick, rated as Above Average.

Pac(c) vs Rhino - OVW World Heavyweight Champion C+
    In a superb match, Pac defeated Rhino in 12:21 by pinfall with a Shooting Star Senton. Pac makes defence number 4 of his OVW World Heavyweight title.

Overall Rating - C

Post Show Notes
    872 of 1000 tickets were sold. Their were no 900 seat venues, but projected ticket sales were 865 and I'd rather have one empty section in a 1000 seat stadium as opposed to turning away over 100 people from a 750 seat venue.
    Popularity increased in the usual 18 regions.
    Rhino was on a one night only contract. I'd like to bring him in on a full time basis, but he wants to take time off following his WWE release.
    Aaron Stevens was off his game again. He is developing a reputation for not being motivated for lower card matches.
    Pac was pointed at as a good example. He was pleased.
    Rhino and Bailey were complimented on good performances. Rhino seemed pleased and Bailey thanked me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    November

OVW News
    Obviously you all saw I signed Becky Lynch. Not sure why WWE has let so many female talents go, but they are providing me with solid in ring hands and popular acts.
    The Batista deal cost me a fair chunk of change, but so far he has been worth it. Merch sales are up and ESPN is already talking an improved deal in the future.
    Christopher Daniels reached out to me for a job. He would be a great guy to have so I brought him on. His skill set is a bit weird. He wanted to be a face but his ratings for heel characters were higher in all areas but comedy. So OVW gonna bring in Curry Man!
    Rhino and Epico were also signed. Epico will wrestle under his real name, Orlando Colon.
    It did have its drawback financially. KENTA and Akira Tozawa were both let go. They both preferred to wrestle in Japan and I'm not gonna keep them here and them be unhappy.
    I also shook up my commentary table. Taz was only temporary hire, so I made the call to put Hurricane at the table. He will call the action completely in character.

Major Title Changes
    Golden Lovers defeated Jushin Liger and Tiger Mask to win the NJPW Super Junior Tag Team Tournament.
    Jay Lehtal defeated Cody and Silas Young to win the vacant ROH World Title.
    Jake Crist defeated Desmond Xavier and Trey Miguel to win the X Division Title.

World News
    The biggest news. WWE fired The Undertaker. Not a contract expiry, not a retirement, but a full fledged firing.
    Noam Dar also left WWE.
    Tino Sabbatelli and Roderick Strong were called up. Kyle O'Reilly is the only member of UE left in NXT.
    Ice Ribbon and ASW-UK both rose to regional size.
    Aiden English divorced Shaul Guerrero. He was the whitest of the Guerrero family, so he will be missed at Thanksgiving.
    Frankie Kazarian tore his Achilles Tendon completely off the bone. He is out at least a year, hence the ROH Title being vacated.
    A UK based female, Bacardi, suffered a herniated disc when she was hit by a car while jogging. She is out at least 14 months.
    Tatsumi Fujinami was inducted into the Hall of Immortals.

Thread Information