Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Yaz Runs OVW in TEW 2016: A Subpar LP

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Some quick post show notes.

I let Jay Bradley go. He was a decent enough guy to feature in random undercard matches, but the few times I tried to put him in a position to rub shoulders with better wrestlers he just failed to hold his own. The incident with Prichard and Bradley subsequently being pissed to lose to Pillman Jr in a dark match was really the deciding factor.

Nikki Bella thinks I should let Cody Hall go because "He has no coordination and is going to hurt someone."

The show drew a .04 rating. Idk what that means because TV and PPV ratings confuse me, but its the highest I have gotten.

When I was choosing the venue, we were projected to sell about 2,700 tickets. I decided to take a risk and book a 3,000 seat venue as opposed to a 2,500 seat venue. It paid off as we packed the house.

RVD was given two weeks off due to fatigue. Ever since I booked him to lose the title to PAC way back he was been pissed off. No matter how many weeks off and bonuses I give. I'm an RVD fan and he still performs at a better than average level in game, but idk, he is just sorta there so it may be time to cut bait soon.

Prichard got a $500 bonus to improve his mood over the Bradley incident. Despite Bradley being let go he is still having morale issues.

Lucha Underground offered Jack Gallagher a contract. Fucking deep pocketed feds trying to poach my talent.

I signed Kenneth Crawford, aka Montez Ford. WWE's loss.

I also signed Syuri to help boost the heel side of the women's roster. She has mostly wrestled in Japan and speaks no English! This will be fun.

I offered Matt Silva aka Buddy Murphy a contract. He will likely sign since he has had no offers since WWE let him walk. Unfortunately he did not sign in time for the next episode of Breakdown.

I am also considering scrapping the Cruiserwight title. Robbie E was an okay champion in the pre TV dark days, but I made the mistake of putting the title on Curry Man and it feels like a joke. I could turn him back into heel Christopher Daniels, but he wanted to work as Curry Man so idk how well it goes over. Food for thought.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OVW Breakdown #4
    Live from Hilliard Gates Sports Center in Ft. Wayne, Indiana
    Attendance:

Backstage Incidents!
    Bailey and Trinity were getting along well backstage. Their bubbly moods were infectious and put everyone in a good mood.

Pre-Show

Miranda Salinas vs Paige Turner
    In a terrible pre-show match, Paige Turner defeated Miranda Salinas in 6:11 by pinfall.
    E+

Portly Gentlemen w/Stevie Richards vs Pieces of Hate
    In a terrible pre-show match, Portly Gentlemen defeated The Pieces of Hate in 7:20 when Fallah Bahh defeated Jigsaw by submission with his patented sit on his opponent and refuse to get up move.
    E+

Afa Anoa'i w/Trinity vs Crimson
    In a pre-show bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Crimson defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr in 6:39 by pinfall with a Mercy Kill.
    D

Barry Ryan vs Cortez
    In a poor pre-show match, Barry Ryan defeated Cortez in 6:08 by pinfall with a Full Nelson Slam.
    D

In Ring:
    Extra Talented come out and interact with fans with wrestling trivia and hand out OVW merch to the winners.
    D-

Angelico, Mr 450 and Ryan Nova vs Aaron Stevens, Carlito Colon and La Sombra - Elimination
    In a decent pre-show match, Aaron Stevens, Carlito Colon and La Sombra defeated Angelico, Mr 450 and Ryan Nova in 10:52; Ryan Nova was eliminated first, then Mr 450, then Aaron Stevens, and finally Angelico.
    C-

OVW Breakdown

Opening:
    Bruce Prichard comes out, complete with neck brace and wheelchair. His client Chris Adonis pushes him, the WHC Title still on his shoulder. He says he has suffered great mental and physical trauma at the hands of Batista, who he demands be fired and thrown in jail for his actions. Despite this, Adonis is still OVW World Heavyweight Champion and that Batista is past his prime and failed his mission. He threatens to sue OVW to cover his extensive medical costs. DDP comes out and says that Batista has been suspended this week and faces further discipline. Adonis barks that he demands better treatment as the top man in OVW. Page says Adonis was about to lose the title when Prichard saved his ass, so he needs to thank Prichard and suggests he be the one to pay the medical bills. Prichard says he would die for his client, and he almost did. Page says they will deal with the situation more in private and invites Prichard to sit down with him after the show. Adonis does his usual poses.
    D

Curry Man(c) vs Brian Pillman Jr - OVW Cruiserweight Championship
    In a poor match, Curry Man defeated Brian Pillman Jr in 11:16 by pinfall with a Last Rites. Curry Man makes defense number 2 of his OVW Cruiserweight title.
    D-

Hype Video:
    A video airs showing Kenneth Crawford.
    E+

The Colons vs Cryme Tyme
    In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, The Colons drew with Cryme Tyme in 7:45 when the match descended into chaos after James Storm and Rhino became involved.
    D

Backstage:
    Bailey and Trinity are practicing their dance moves. They are having fun and laughing. Trinity says they should team up tonight. Bailey agrees and asks a tech to find them some opponents during the commercial break.
    C-

Bailey & Trinity vs Ruby Raze & Gabby Ortiz
    In a decent match, Bailey and Trinity defeated Ruby Raze and Gabby Ortiz in 7:02 when Trinity defeated Gabby Ortiz by pinfall with a Rear View. During the match we also had Paige Turner try to distract Bailey and Trinity.
    D+

Post Match:
    Trinity and Bailey argue with Paige Turner after the match. Raze and Ortiz try to jump them from behind but the good gals are wise to it. Nikki rushes the ring to join the brawl, followed by Rebecca Knox. During the brawl, Jaxx comes out and watches and laughs from the stage.
    D+

Jack Gallagher vs Robbie E
    In a decent match, Jack Gallagher defeated Robbie E in 10:05 by submission. During the match La Sombra came out to scout Gallagher.
    D+

Final Rating: D+

Notes:
    Miranda Salinas suffered a broken nose. The match was impacted by this.
    Richards did good work at ringside.
    Bahh and Cottonbelly have good chemistry when teaming.
    Trinity did good work at ringside on the pre-show.
    Trinity and Anoa'i have excellent chemistry as manager/client.
    In terms of in-ring work, La Sombra was head and shoulders above everyone else in his match.
    Adonis performed better than expected.
    Bailey did masterful going off script and improvising with crowd reactions.
    Trinity struggled without a script.
    Popularity increased in all 18 regions.
    Nikki said Mr. 450 needs to be cut.
    Had a .02 TV Rating.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OVW Breakdown #5
    Live from The Nelson Center in Springfield, Illinois
    Attendance: 1,824

Backstage Incidents!
    Rhino has taken Josh Woods under his wing as his protege.
    I played a practical joke on Blaster McMassive. The locker room as a whole thought it was funny and it improved overall morale, but Blaster was pissed.

Pre-Show

Michael Dante vs Josh Woods vs Cody Hall
    In a pre-show bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Michael Dante defeated Josh Woods and Cody Hall in 8:38 when Michael Dante defeated Cody Hall by pinfall.
    D-

Afa Anoa'i Jr and Trinity vs Carlito Colon and Ruby Raze
    In a poor pre-show match, Afa Anoa'i Jr and Trinity defeated Carlito Colon and Ruby Raze in 9:36 when Trinity defeated Ruby Raze by pinfall with a Rear View.
    D

Jake Something vs Robbie E
    In a poor pre-show match, Robbie E defeated Jake Something in 6:57 by pinfall with a Fresh to Death.
    D-

Princesa Sugehit vs Syuri
    In a terrible pre-show match, Princesa Sugehit defeated Syuri in 7:42 by pinfall with a Sugehit Driver.
    E

Team Overkill vs Cryme Tyme vs The War Kings - Elimination
    In a pre-show bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Cryme Tyme defeated Team Overkill and The War Kings in 15:50; the order of elimination was The War Kings first, and then Team Overkill.
    D-

OVW Breakdown

Dick Justice vs Chris Adonis - Non Title
    In an extremely short match, Chris Adonis defeated Dick Justice in 4:52 by submission with an Adonis Lock.
    D

Post Match:
    Prichard, still in his wheelchair, tells Adonis to shake Dick's hand. Dick is still feeling the pain from the Adonis Lock, but extends his hand to shake. Adonis then attacks Dick, and by extension all of 'Merica. Prichard laughs until he has to hold his neck brace in pain.
    D

Eddie Colon vs James Storm
    In a decent match, Eddie Colon defeated James Storm in 9:11 by pinfall with a Backstabber.
    C-

Foxxy vs Nikki
    In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Nikki defeated Foxxy in 7:25 by pinfall with a Bella Bash.
    D+

Somewhere on a movie set:
    Batista is on a movie set, in sunglasses. He talks about how he isn't finished with Chris Adonis, but for now he is content to film his latest project.
    B+

Orlando Colon vs Rhino
    In a decent match, Orlando Colon defeated Rhino in 7:48 by pinfall with a Backstabber.
    D+

Catering Area:
    Cryme Tyme are watching the show and drinking Nehi Soda (Midwest based company, straight fire sodas) and talk about how Storm and Rhino are a couple of old bitches (their words) and The Colons are about the fifth best wrestlers in their own family, so they are the two who deserve the next shot at the tag team titles.
    D

Curry Man and Mascara Dorada vs Matt Murphy
    In a decent match, La Sombra and Matt Murphy defeated Curry Man and Mascara Dorada in 10:37 when Matt Murphy defeated Curry Man by pinfall with a brainbuster.
    C

Final Rating: C

Notes:
    Jake Something debuted his Raging Bull gimmick. It was rated as Above Average.
    Syuri debuted her Cocky Foreigner gimmick. It was rated as Great.
    Sugehit and Syuri didn't seem to click and it made for an awkward bout.
    Foxxy hinted at a heel turn but it got little reaction as the fans recognize it isn't her strong suit.
    Batista continues to work well without a script. No idea how he got so good in only about three shows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Jay-TG did a masterful job of improvising along with the crowd reactions.
    Shad did not do well without a script.
    Popularity increased in all 18 regions.
    Matt Murphy (Buddy Murphy) debuted his Franchise Player gimmick. It was rated as Very Good.

Non show note: I hired Jake Something(Impact's Jake Deaner) in an attempt to lure in Ruby Riott, who he is dating in real life. I doubt it works.

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I played a practical joke on Blaster McMassive. The locker room as a whole thought it was funny and it improved overall morale, but Blaster was pissed.

What the..? I didn't know you could do that! Def trying that out next game.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Next Day Notes:
    Nikki Bella thinks Afa Anoa'i Jr doesn't connect with the crowd and should be written off.
    Batista thinks Crimson has no charisma and should be fired so I can hire someone better.
    Rhino also has poor words for Afa Anoa'i. He thinks he has no charisma and not much of a future.
    Breakdown drew a .02 TV rating.
    Speaking of the Anoa'i family, I signed Lance. He has a 0-1 record against Shane McMahon but understandable as only The Undertaker beats Shane.
    I let Blaster McMassive go. His attitude took a turn for the worse after some poor performances and a gimmick that wasn't getting over. Him getting upset over the joke was really the last straw. He was a negative influence in the locker room.

March World News
    CMLL fell to cult size due to declining popularity.
    A new company, Powerhouse Championship of Wrestling opened in Italy.
    Tommaso Ciampa was called up to the WWE main roster.
    Ron Garvin passed away at age 74.
    Joe Koff passed away at age 72.
    Damien Corvin died at age 32 when his scarf was caught in a ceiling fan, strangling him.
    Cathy Kelly and Finn Balor got engaged.
    Zema Ion and Simon Gotch became good friends.
    Both Lucha Bros were injured in the same match, both spinal injuries. Both are out at least eleven months.
    KC Cassidy (Peyton Royce) gave birth to her and Shawn Spears baby.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bit of excellent news. I went to ESPN and asked about a better time slot. Breakdown will still be airing live, but now in the afternoon time slot as opposed to the graveyard slot. PPVs will now air live in the afternoon slot as opposed to on demand (game world is weird). This will mean more exposure and more sponsorship money.

7. Likes Spidey liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OVW Breakdown #6
    Live from Thomas Stadium in Johnson City, Tennessee (South East Region)
    Attendance: 848

Backstage Incidents!
    Rhino has been passing psychology tips onto his protege, Josh Woods. (Cool dude Mr. Rhino)
    Jack Gallagher is working for LU tonight. GOD DAMNIT! EVERY TIME!

Pre-Show

Dick Justice vs Cortez
    In a pre-show bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Dick Justice defeated Cortez in 7:43 by submission when Dick pulled his gun and Cortez tapped.
    D-

Flip Gordon vs Aaron Stevens
    In a pre-show bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Aaron Stevens defeated Flip Gordon in 9:59 by pinfall with an Idolizer.
    D+

Portly Gentlemen w/Coach Stevie vs Carlito Colon and Brian Pillman Jr.
    In a poor pre-show match, Carlito Colon and Brian Pillman Jr defeated Portly Gentlemen in 7:10 when Brian Pillman Jr defeated Jervis Cottonbelly by submission.
    D-

Foxxy vs Gabby Ortiz
    In a pre-show bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Foxxy defeated Gabby Ortiz in 5:57 by pinfall with a Watch Yo' Face.
    Note: Gabby Ortiz dislocated her knee and it impacted the match.
    E+

Team Overkill vs Cody Hall and Lance Anoa'i
    In a terrible pre-show match, Team Overkill defeated Cody Hall and Lance Anoa'i in 7:35 when Christian Rose defeated Cody Hall by pinfall.
    E+

Rebecca Knox vs Kris Wolf
    In a decent pre-show match, Rebecca Knox defeated Kris Wolf in 5:56 by pinfall with a Release Exploder Suplex.
    C-

OVW Breakdown

Backstage:
    Cryme Tyme are backstage cracking jokes about The Colons when the cousins walk up. They get into a heated argument when James Storm and Rhino attack both teams with chairs. Chaos ensues as all three teams brawl and wreck production equipment.
    D-

Mr. 450 vs Robbie E
    Both men are rushed to the ring as techs try to repair the equipment. In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Robbie E defeated Mr 450 in 7:07 by pinfall with a Fresh to Death.
    D

GM's Office:
    All three tag teams from earlier are yelling and arguing when DDP yells "BANG!" loudly to shut them up. He says he is tired of the sneak attacks and other BS, so he is making a match in two weeks. The titles will be on the line, suspended fifteen feet above the ring in a ladder match. For now though, they are suspended without pay until the match and will be fined the amount of the damaged equipment.
    D+

Afa Anoa'i vs Crimson
    In a bout that had sub-par wrestling and little heat, Crimson defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr in 7:44 by pinfall with a Mercy Kill.
    D-

Post Match:
    Trinity is checking on Afa when she is attacked from being by Jaxx. Jaxx runs her into the post and stomps on her a few times. She claims she can do this to anyone she wants, anytime she wants, if they dare come after he title. Crimson and Afa just stood around.
    C+

Extra Talented vs La Sombra & Matt Murphy
    In a decent match, La Sombra and Matt Murphy defeated Extra Talented in 11:18 when La Sombra defeated Aaron Solo by pinfall with a Sombra Driver.
    C

In Ring:
    OVW World Heavyweight Champion Chris Adonis is helping Bruce Prichard into the ring. Prichard is out of the wheelchair but is using a crutch. Adonis says Batista is off filming movies while he is here helping OVW grow. Prichard says Adonis is a fighting champion and will be giving the audience a special treat. He reached out, made some calls, cashed in some favors, and got a special name just for tonight. Adonis will be defending against a former champion from WWE. Yeah, he just mentioned another promotion on TV and there is nothing you can do about. The champion doesn't get music but he does his own intro. His name is Zo, how you doing?!?
    D+

Chris Adonis(c) vs Zo - OVW World Heavyweight Title
    In an extremely short match, Chris Adonis defeated Eric Anthony in 4:35 by submission with an Adonis Lock. Chris Adonis makes defense number 3 of his OVW World Heavyweight title.
    D+

Post Match:
    After the match, Adonis puts the hold back on Zo. Prichard fights off the referees with his crutch. Suddenly Batista's music hits. Adonis throws Zo at the refs and readies for a fight. There is no Batista though. Suddenly someone is moving through the crowd. Adonis notices it and grabs Prichard to use as a shield. The man in the crowd isn't Batista, but he comes bearing a message. He hands the slip of paper to Adonis. He drops it after reading it. "Next Week" it reads as the camera focuses on it to close the show.
    C

Final Rating: C-

Notes:
    Got all 18 regions again.
    Steven Richards continues to do good work at ringside.
    Bahh and Jervis continue to have excellent chemistry as a team. In the worker improvement tab, it said Bahh is improving his flying skill. Whoever took that bump deserves a bonus.
    Foxxy showed signs of a heel turn, but it got very little reaction. The fans recognize it isn't her strong suit.
    Lance Anoa'i debuted his Chosen One gimmick. It was rated as Great.
    Knox and Wolf have great chemistry and it showed in the match.
    Shad didn't do well without a script.
    DDP improvised well without a script.
    Orlando Colon is getting better without a script.
    Trinity did good work at ringside, she and Afa have excellent chemistry.
    Prichard did good work at ringside. He and Adonis continue to have excellent chemistry.
    Adonis improvised well in the final segment. (proud of him) Prichard did masterfully playing off crowd reactions.
    Got a .04 TV rating.

Post show thoughts:
    Despite having Richards being a good manager and having good chemistry as a team, I can't get Portly Gentlemen over on the actual show. It's frustrating because I wanna have Extra Talented protected as the next flagship team and Team Overkill simply isn't talented enough to feature full time. I need a low card face team to job to the upper card. Guess I'm gonna hit the free agents market.

I don't wanna let him go, but unless I can give Gallagher a bonus or rework his contract to convince him to make OVW a priority over LU I am gonna have to cut ties. For now I tried an exclusive PPA with a signing bonus and slight raise.

The main event was a last minute idea and honestly I knew I wanted to do it regardless of a potential bad grade. It was too funny in my head. For one night, I think we were all Chris Adonis fans. First time that happened since he pulled a ten foot tree from the ground to save his mother from a fire.

Gabby Ortiz is out at least three weeks to heal her knee.

I lost out on a chance to sign Finn Balor after he re-upped with WWE. I was probably 3rd in the running, but he had drawn out talks due to an offer from DDT as well. He would have cost the same per show as RVD and if you choose between a 38 year Balor or a 49 year old RVD, you go Balor.

9. Likes Spidey liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I admire how engaging you make two beefy boys like Adonis and Batista. Always a fun read.

11. Likes Yaz liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm a fan of Adonis in real life. Dude always come across as super cool and laid back in interviews and was super happy to be in WWE, even if a lot of the higher ups went out of their way to shit on him once he popped for roids so it's fun to book him. Having a mouthpiece is a huge help as he is mostly just muscles. Plus who doesn't love Enzo getting thrown around? $1500 well spent.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I cut ties with Gallagher. He turned down the exclusive PPA contract and went to LU and wasn't even used so fuck him.

I also gave Foxxy the ax. Much like real life, she was a better character than wrestler. I changed her push to that of an occasional wrestler and manager and she blew the fuck up on me. She was also costing $850 per. Jaxx is $880 a show. Bailey and Knox are 1k and Nikki is 2k, so she wasn't worth it anymore on top of it all.

I also let Barry Ryan go. He wasn't really doing anything.

I'm likely gonna have more cuts soon, but I was able to save some money by not covering travel on the newer contracts. I also got Batista to take a pay cut. You will see why later.

I dug into the unemployment ranks. Made a few signings. I keep my roster bigger than I need I know, but I like options.

I got Marshall Von Erich, real life relative of the famous cursed Texas clan. At $230 a show and a famous pedigree I think he will be a good get.
    Got me and Spidey's favorite juice drinker, Orange Cassidy. $400 a show and good enough character skills to help with low card and pre show guys. 36 though so unlikely he ever makes it too high.
    Apollo Jr, a 22 year old Puerto Rican who is related to fairly prominent Caribbean star Apollo. I see solid things once he grows.
    Randy Summers, a 28 year old who works around New York. I signed him because he is part of a team with...
    Brandon Watts. 25 year old that works the same area. Their team Milk Chocolate. Loved it so much that I had to snatch them up. Their B- experience as a team was much better than throwing two random guys as well. I looked it up, they have a pretty cool finish IRL, a powerbomb backstabber combo.
    Cain Justice, a 23 year old who works the Carolinas. He looks like the guy you expect to see at a show in the Carolinas, but he honestly has decent stats for a guy his age.
    Since I am in the business of signing everyone from the Samoan Dynasty, I signed Jacob and Sefa Fatua, 28 and 22 respectively. I am going to have them as a team, The Supremacy. Their finish is called Greetings From The Island because I'm not creative.
    The big deal signing was Noam Dar. He plays a better face than heel, but I brought him in as a heel and plan on giving him a legitimate gimmick, something where he just lets his ring work do the talking. Was a bit of a fan so it was easy at 800 a show.
    I was in need of some heels so I brought one more guy in, Viktor, formerly of The Ascension. He had good heel ratings and is passable in ring. He is 39 so I offered him a two year deal as opposed to three. He will wrestle under the name Apocalypse, his first pre WWE name before switching to APOC.

In non OVW news, Scarlette Bordeaux was arrested outside a club. Reports are sketchy (game's words) but she was involved in an altercation and displayed aggressive behavior, resulting in a standoff with the pigs.

Matt Sydal won the Impact World Title from Johnny Impact. Dude held the title since I started the game.

Oh yeah, then this happened.

Then this.

I fined him again. It said he improved his behavior and he was happy with the decision. I'm gonna test again in a week.

Thread Information