OVW Breakdown #7
Live from the Elizabeth Lynn Robbie Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota. (Midwest Region)
Attendance: 880

Backstage Incidents!
Brendon Watts was brought before the Wrestler's Court, accused of forgetting to shake another wrestler's hand when entering the locker room. The judge, Rhino, found him to be guilty and ordered him to buy everyone a round of drinks after the show.

Pre-Show

Apollo Jr. vs Cortez
In a terrible pre-show match, Cortez defeated Apollo Jr in 5:52 by pinfall with a Superkick.
E

Ricky Starks vs Cain Justice
In a terrible pre-show match, Ricky Starks defeated Cain Justice in 6:57 by submission with a crossface.
E

Aaron Solo vs Jax Dane
In a poor pre-show match, Aaron Solo defeated Jax Dane in 8:48 by submission with a crossface.
D-

Team Overkill vs The Pieces of Hates
In a terrible pre-show match, The Pieces of Hate defeated Team Overkill in 6:37 when Jigsaw defeated Christian Rose by pinfall with a Jig â??nâ?? Tonic.
E+

Mascara Dorada vs Michael Dante
In a pre-show bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Mascara Dorada defeated Michael Dante in 7:46 by pinfall with a Dorada Screwdriver.
D+

The Supremacy vs RVD & Carlito Colon
In a pre-show bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Carlito Colon and Rob Van Dam defeated The Supremacy in 6:42 when Rob Van Dam defeated Sefa Fatu by pinfall with a Five Star Frog Splash.
D-

OVW Breakdown

Opening:
Chris Adonis storms out, with Bruce Prichard doing his best to keep up while hobbling. Adonis tells Batisa to get his ass out here right now. Prichard goes on about how Chris isn't scared, but being a World Champion comes with certain responsibilities, so he has places to be. He says Dave would know that if he wasn't on movie sets and was in the ring instead. DDP comes out and tells them Batista isn't here yet, but will call Bruce when he arrives.
C-

Battle Royal:
Aaron Stevens, Afa Anoa'i Jr, Amazing Red, Angelico, Brian Pillman Jr, Crimson, Curry Man, Dick Justice, Fallah Bahh, Flip Gordon, Jervis Cottonbelly, Josh Woods, Mr. 450, Robbie E, and Ryan Nova.
In a poor match, Angelico won a Battle Royal in 14:44. The other members of the 'final four' were Aaron Stevens, Robbie E and Curry Man, with Aaron Stevens being the final elimination. Brian Pillman Jr got the most eliminations over the course of the match.
D+

Post Match:
After the match DDP comes out and congratulates Angelico. He says due to some recent scheduling conflicts, they need a new number one contender for the American Title, so why not Angelico. He agrees, but before he can speak La Sombra comes out and says this is the exact thing he has been complaining about. La Sombra has worked his ass off and all Angelico does is win one match. The champ says he will defend the title tonight and hand pick his opponent. DDP says that sounds like a good idea, but DDP will pick a second opponent to make it a triple threat.
D

Bailey & Rebecca Knox vs Nikki and Paige Turner
In a decent match, Bailey and Rebecca Knox defeated Nikki and Paige Turner in 15:35 when Rebecca Knox defeated Nikki by pinfall with a Hard Knox.
C-

Post Match:
After the match Jaxx comes out and attacks Knox. The three heels team up on Bailey and Knox. Trinity hits the ring to even the numbers and the six girls square off as security rushes out. They trade insults instead of finishing the fight.
C

Jake Something vs Matt Murphy vs La Sombra(c) - OVW American Title
In a decent match, La Sombra defeated Jake Something and Matt Murphy in 7:42 when La Sombra defeated Jake Something by pinfall with a Sombra Driver. La Sombra makes defense number 3 of his OVW American title.
C-

Post Match:
After the match, the champ keeps attacking Jake Something while Murphy acts like he doesn't see anything. Mascara Dorada runs in for the save, first taking out La Sombra and then Murphy with an athletic planca.
D

Backstage:
World Champion Chris Adonis and his manager Bruce Prichard come out of the locker room, talking about how Batista was too cowardly to show. Prichard's phone rings and it shows DDP is calling. They turn and corner and run into Batista....'s cardboard cutout. Prichard gets scared and Adonis punches the cutout. They have a quick laugh as they walk away. They round the next corner and the real Batista is standing there. Adonis drops his belt and runs away, leaving Prichard to be thrown onto the catering table. Batista grabs the title and holds it to end the show.
C+

Final Rating:C-

Notes:
18 regions and such.
Apollo Jr debuted his Blue Chipper gimmick. It was rated as Very Good.
Cain Justice debuted his Biker gimmick. It was rated as Great.
Starks and Justice just didn't click and it showed in their performance.
Jacob and Sefa both debuted their Street Fighter gimmick. They were rated as Average and Very Good respectively.
Prichard had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand with his improv.
DDP improvised some lines well.
Afa Anoa'i has a gimmick that is getting stale.
Mr 450 debuted a new Punk gimmick. It was rated as Awful.
Amazing Red showed signs of a heel turn.
Bailey and Paige Turner did well without a script.
Rebecca Knox is getting better at her gimmick and improv.
Nikki struggled without a script.
.05 TV rating. We just keep gaining.
Batista says Ryan Nova needs to be let go because he doesn't connect with the fans.
Nikki says Mr. 450 is clumsy and is going to hurt someone and should be let go.
La Sombra told me Jax Dane doesn't connect with the fans and has little future.

Post show thoughts:
I've now ran two shows outside my home region of the Great Lakes. One in the Southeast and one in the Midwest. Both drew respectable numbers, but not enough to justify more shows outside the Great Lakes for now. Still, glad to get a little extra exposure.

Mr. 450 is gone. He was pissed over his gimmick and wasn't really showing what I expected him too.

I tweaked the gimmick for Afa Anoa'i, will see how it goes for now.

WWE released Cedric Alexander. Tempting. I should just build my entire roster with WWE castoff women and CWs.