Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yaz Runs OVW in TEW 2016: A Subpar LP

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
    This is interesting. How much of the actual show do you control? Are the segments and matches all automated? Plus, Scott Steiner would be pissed even if he won, he's always pissed, he's Scott Steiner.
    You book the segments and matches. You can pick which type of segment you want from a list, or you can write your own. The more generic segments are from the list, but the detailed ones I write myself.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So James Storm screwed me. He was set to win the tournament and take the title off RVD in a ladder match at the next show. He took a New Japan booking and left me having to replace him. I think my eventual replacement will be good.

OVW Presents: Steel Vengeance 2019
    Live from Valparaiso, Indiana

Backstage Incidents
    The usual group, minus Pac, took other bookings. Joey Ryan is still unable to compete due to injury.

Pre Show
    Mr. 450 vs Robbie E E+
    In a poor pre-show match, Robbie E defeated Mr 450 in 7:18 by pinfall with a Boom Drop.
    Road Agent Notes: Mr. 450 debuted his Show Stealer gimmick, rated as Awful.

Jervis Cottonbelly & Fallah Bahh vs. The War Kings E+
    In a poor pre-show match, The War Kings defeated Jervis Cottonbelly and Fallah Bahh in 6:14 when Crimson defeated Fallah Bahh by pinfall with a Mercy Kill.
    Road Agent Notes: Jervis and Bahh showed excellent chemistry tagging together.

Angelico vs Jigsaw E+
    In a poor pre-show match, Angelico defeated Jigsaw in 7:25 by submission with a Cruceta Invertida.

Afa Anoi's Jr vs Amazing Red vs Ryan Nova vs Scott Parker E+
    In a poor pre-show match, Amazing Red defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr, Ryan Nova and Scott Parker in 10:18 when Amazing Red defeated Scott Parker by pinfall with a Code Red.

Main Show

Segment: A fan video airs showing Rob Van Dam arriving to the arena earlier in the day. James Storm jumps him from behind and leaves him laying. As production workers rush to help Van Dam, a truck engine is heard. Storm speeds toward Van Dam, who just manages to get out of the way as Storm crashes into another car. C-

Segment: Christy Hemme is in the ring. She explains Storm has been fined and sent home. She says we have a tournament to carry on with and introduces Pac as the replacement. Pac comes out and plays to the crowd. E+
    Road Agent Notes: Pac has debuted his Underdog gimmick, rated as Average.

Extra Talented vs Team Titan D-
    In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Extra Talented defeated Team Titan in 8:32 when Barry Ryan got disqualified after going into a rage and refusing to stop assaulting Aaron Solo.

Chris Adonis carried the match in terms of in-ring performance.

Cliff Compton vs Michael Dante E+
    In a poor match, Cliff Compton defeated Michael Dante in 6:13 by pinfall with a Cliffhanger.
    Road Agent Notes: Cliff Compton was really off his game.

Segment: A video airs hyping Aaron Stevens and KENTA. D-

KENTA vs Aaron Stevens C-
    In a bout that had great wrestling and good heat, KENTA defeated Aaron Stevens in 7:47 by pinfall with a Go to Sleep.
    Road Agent Notes: KENTA debuted his Bad Ass gimmick, rated as Poor.

ACDC vs Cryme Tyme(c) - OVW Tag Team Titles D-
    In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Cryme Tyme defeated ACDC in 11:05 when Shad Gaspard defeated Darin Corbin by pinfall with a Thugnificent. Cryme Tyme make defence number 3 of their OVW Tag Team titles.
    Road Agent Notes: Arik Cannon was really off his game.

Segment: A video airs hyping Carlito Colon and Pac. E+

Pac vs Carlito Colon C-
    In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Pac defeated Carlito Colon in 11:51 by pinfall with a Corkscrew Shooting Star Press.

Colt Cabana vs Taya Valkyrie D
    In a decent match, Taya Valkyrie defeated Colt Cabana in 8:06 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage.
    Road Agent Notes: Colt Cabana seemed off his game. Taya Valkyrie is getting better at his gimmick.

Jay Bradley vs Sugar Dunkerton vs Cortez D-
    In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Jay Bradley defeated Sugar Dunkerton and Cortez in 7:47 when Jay Bradley defeated Cortez by pinfall with a Boomstick.
    Road Agent Notes: Sugar Dunkerton was really off his game. Cortez sold his opponent's offense well, seeming to accept his punishment.

Segment: Rob Van Dam says that James Storm won't keep him out of action. He cuts a promo on Hurricane Helms, saying he wishes him luck but that Van Dam is The Whole Dam Show for a reason. D

Hurricane Helms vs Rob Van Dam(c) - OVW World Heavyweight Championship D
    In a bout that had great heat and decent wrestling, Rob Van Dam defeated Hurricane Helms in 12:57 by pinfall with a Five Star Frog Splash. Rob Van Dam makes defence number 3 of his OVW World Heavyweight title.
    Road Agent Notes: Hurricane Helms was visibly tiring toward the end of the match. RVD is getting better at his gimmick.

KENTA vs Pac C
    In a bout that had superb wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, Pac defeated KENTA in 15:19 by pinfall with a Shooting Star Senton.

Segment: After the match, KENTA and Pac shake hands in a show of respect. E+

Segment: Rob Van Dam comes down to the ring and gives Pac a nod of respect. They both promise to go home with the title when they face off. Van Dam holds the title high. D+

Overall Rating - C-

Post Show Notes
    OVW's popularity increased in all 11 US regions.
    375 of 500 tickets sold.
    Pac and KENTA were complimented on good performances. Both seemed pleased. Sugar Dunkerton was given some encouragement. He seemed pleased.
    Aaron Stevens complained about his push, saying he needs to be booked stronger.

Trent wrestled for NJPW. No one else was used.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    April

OVW News and Hirings
    Trent and Chuck Taylor were both released, as they continued to complain about their booking despite not actually taking bookings with me.
    Tenille Dashwood was also released as she asked for a pay increase.
    Chikara released Flip Gordon after only a month, so I swooped in and signed him up.

Major April Shows
    WWE Fastlane 2019
    Daniel Bryan defeated Luke Gallows to retain the WWE Title
    Baron Corbin defeated Bobby Lashley to retain the Universal Title
    Buddy Murphy retained the CW Title in a triple threat
    Ronda Rousey defeated Sarah Logan by count out to retain the Raw Women's Title
    Nikki Cross defeated Naomi to retain the Smackdown Women's Title
    Dean Ambrose defeated Adam Cole by DQ to retain the IC Title
    Rusev defeated Luke Harper by DQ to retain the US Title
    Roode and Gable defeated The Ascension to retain the Raw Tag Team Titles
    The Bar defeated AOP by count out to retain the Smackdown Tag Team Titles

NJPW Invasion Attack 2019
    Kenny Omega defeated KUSHIDA to retain the IWGP Heavyweight Title
    The Guerrillas of Destiny defeated The Prestige to retain the IWGP Tag Team Titles
    Cody defeated Alberto El Patron
    Kota Ibushi defeated YOH to retain the NEVER Openweight Title

ROH Supercard of Honor XII
    The Addiction defeated Hangman Page and Jay Lethal
    Mark Briscoe defeated Cody in the newly christened ROH Super Tournament

Impact One Night Only: Redemption 2019
    Johnny Impact defeated Matt Sydal to retain the Impact World Title
    LAX vs OVE went to a no contest

April World News
    ROH was sold to Cary Silkin
    ICW, NOAH, MLW, and ZERO 1 all cut a fair number of lower card talent
    Marina Shafir was released from NXT.
    Harley Race passed away at the age of 75. His wrestling school, Harley Race's Wrestling Academy closed down shortly after.
    Perro Aguayo Sr passed away at the age of 73.
    In a 'Kenny Death' Jak Domitrescu died after contracting a rare and fast acting tropical disease from eating expired pineapple.
    Rich Swann and Su Yung divorced.
    Zelina Vega announced she was pregnant.
    Chris Jericho and Billy Corgan announced a three month world tour. This surely is the wrestling and musical colab we need.
    Steve Lombardi (The Brooklyn Brawler) started his own academy, Steve Lombardi Dojo.
    Riki Choshu was inducted into the games Hall of Immortals.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Breaking News!

Three divorces have taken place in the first week of May.
    John Hennigan (Johnny Impact/John Morrison) and Taya Valkyrie have split.
    Tommy End (Aleester Black) and Thea Trinidad (Zelina Vega) split.
    And the big one.

Click for Spoiler:
    Vince and Linda McMahon! This has caused WWE to enter into a tumultuous time as legal battles are taking place for ownership of the company.

5. Likes Spidey liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    OVW is splurging. I'm not sure if its cost cutting due to the McMahon family turmoil or what, but WWE let Bayley, Alicia Fox, Akira Tozawa, and Nia Jax all walk. I made a move for Fox (Known as Foxxy), the first of the releases, then decided to spend on Bayley (Known as Bailey) and Tozawa. Nia got an offer from Impact that I couldn't compete with. The roster is getting a little bloated, so cuts will likely come soon.

OVW Presents: No Holds Barred 2019
    Live from Cincinnati, Ohio

Backstage Incidents
    Christina Von Eerie and James Storm are working elsewhere. Joey Ryan is out injured, but available for segments.
    Taya Valkyrie brightened the mood by doing funny cartton drawings of her colleagues.

Pre Show

Ryan Nova vs Flip Gordon E+
    In an extremely short pre-show match, Ryan Nova defeated Flip Gordon in 5:01 by pinfall.
    Road Agent Notes: Flip Gordon has debuted his Extremist gimmick, rated as Below Average. Nova and Gordon have great chemistry together.

Extra Talented vs Cortez and Jigsaw E+
    In a poor pre-show match, Extra Talented defeated Cortez and Jigsaw in 8:45 when Aaron Solo defeated Jigsaw by submission.

Mr. 450 vs Angelico vs Jax Dane D-
    In a poor pre-show match, Angelico defeated Mr 450 and Jax Dane in 7:31 when Angelico defeated Mr 450 by pinfall with a Fall of the Angels.

Fallah Bahh & Jervis Cottonbelly vs Cliff Compton and Sugar Dunkerton E-
    In a pre-show bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Fallah Bahh and Jervis Cottonbelly defeated Cliff Compton and Sugar Dunkerton in 6:02 when Fallah Bahh defeated Sugar Dunkerton by pinfall.
    Road Agent Notes: Bahh and Jervis showed excellent chemistry teaming together.

Hurricane Helms vs. Michael Dante E+
    In a poor pre-show match, Hurricane Helms defeated Michael Dante in 7:02 by pinfall with a Shining Wizard.

Main Show

Segment: Christy Hemme announces that OVW has signed Bailey, Akira Tozawa, and Foxxy to contracts. She then announces that tonight is all about the extreme. No Holds Barred is the one night of the year that every OVW match has a special stipulation or gimmick. E+

Segment: Cryme Tyme cut a promo putting themselves over. E+

Team Overkill vs Cryme Tyme(c) - Tag Team Titles D-
    In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Cryme Tyme defeated Team Overkill in a Table match in 13:54 when Shad Gaspard put Christian Rose through a table with a Thugnificent. Cryme Tyme make defence number 4 of their OVW Tag Team titles.

Shad Gaspard carried the match in terms of in-ring performance.

Jay Bradley vs Crimson D-
    In a decent match, Jay Bradley defeated Crimson in a Bullrope match in 9:46 when Jay Bradley was the first to touch all the corners.

Segment: A video airs hyping Pac. D-

KENTA vs Aaron Stevens C
    In a good match, KENTA defeated Aaron Stevens in a Two out of Three Falls match in 16:48 by two straight falls, with the final fall happening by pinfall with a Go to Sleep.

ACDC vs Team Titan E+
    In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Team Titan defeated ACDC in a Fans Bring the Weapons match in 11:37 when Chris Adonis defeated Arik Cannon by submission with an Adonis Lock.

Chris Adonis carried the match in terms of in-ring performance.
    Note: All four men complained to me about putting them in this match.

Segment: Michael Brown(ya boy) and Taz are at the announce desk and hype the upcoming match for the newly introduced OVW American Title. They run down the competitors, Afa Anoa'i Jr, Amazing Red, Robbie E, and Taya Valkyrie. D-
    Road Agent Notes: Taz and I worked without a script. Ya boy did a good job with improv and Taz did a good job working the crowd with his improv.

Afa Anoa'i vs Amazing Red vs Robbie E vs Taya Valkyrie - OVW American Title D-
    In a decent match, Taya Valkyrie defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr, Robbie E and Amazing Red in 15:03; the order of elimination was Amazing Red first, then Afa Anoa'i Jr, and finally Robbie E. Taya Valkyrie wins the OVW American title.

Colt Cabana vs Carlito Colon D-
    In a decent match, Carlito Colon defeated Colt Cabana in a Flag match in 9:46 when Carlito Colon blinded Cabana and retrieved the flag.

Segment: A video airs hyping RVD. C+

Pac vs RVD(c) - OVW World Heavyweight Championship C-
    In a superb match, Rob Van Dam defeated Pac in a Ladder match in 17:28 when Rob Van Dam retrieved the item. Rob Van Dam makes defence number 4 of his OVW World Heavyweight title.
    Road Agent Notes: Pac took a stunt bump.

Segment: After the match, Rob Van Dam and Pac shake hands in a show of respect. Van Dam raises the arm of Pac, before he suddenly attacks him. He beats him down until the backstage crew run in and pull him away. D
    Road Agent Notes: RVD has turned heel and looked good in the process.

Overall Rating - D+

Post Show Notes
    391 of 500 tickets were sold.
    Popularity increased in all 11 US Regions.
    Pac was pointed out as a good example. He seemed pleased.
    Colt Cabana was told he is awesome and I thanked him for his time in OVW. he seemed pleased.
    KENTA was complimented on a good performance. He seemed pleased.

James Storm main evented the Saturday night show for NJPW's tour in a six man tag. Toru Yano was the youngest person in the match at age 40. Christina Von Eerie was used in a segment for ECCW.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    May

OVW News
    I released Scott Parker. In three pre show matches he didn't show anything of note and at 35 seemed unlikely to improve.
    Cliff Compton requested his release due to his age. He was a decent name to have in the locker room, but I granted it.
    Arik Cannon and Darin Corbin also requested their release due to being upset at their usage. Granted
    I signed The Shard, a former Chikara employee. He will team with Jigsaw as The Pieces of Hate.
    I also signed Dick Justice. No need to explain that one.

Major May Shows

WWE Backlash 2019
    Daniel Bryan defeated Samoa Joe to retain the WWE Title
    Baron Corbin defeated Apollo Crews by DQ to retain the Universal Title
    The Bar defeated The New Day(Kofi and Big E) to retain the Smackdown Tag Titles
    Dean Ambrose defeated Bobby Roode by count out to retain the IC Title
    Ronda Rousey retained the Raw Women's Title in a 4 way
    Nikki Cross defeated Nia Jax to retain the Smackdown Women's Title
    Buddy Murphy defeated Sin Cara to retain the CW Title

Impact One Night Only May 2019
    Johnny Impact defeated Eli Drake to retain the Impact World Title
    Tessa Blanchard retained the Impact Women's Title in a 4 way
    LAX defeated oVe to retain the Impact Tag Team Titles
    Taiji Ishimori defeated Ethan Page to retain the X Division Title

NJPW Wrestling Dontaku 2019
    The Prestige defeated The Lone Wolves to retain the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Titles

ROH Global Wars 2019
    Jay Lehtal defeated Cody and Jay Briscoe to retain the ROH World Title
    Jeff Cobb defeated Marty Scurll to retain the ROH Television Title
    Kelly Klein defeated Tenille Dashwood to retain the WOH title

April World News
    Wrestle-1 has caused all sorts of hell with other Japanese companies. They declared their intent to wage war against NJPW, MPW, ZERO1, and AJPW.
    ROH rose to Cult size. To give you an idea of that size, ECW was considered Cult size by game's standards.
    Progress fell to Small size. My company is currently Small size to give an idea.
    AAA have fallen from Cult to Regional.
    Alesiter Black, Riddick Moss, Kassius Ohno, and Wesley Blake were all called up to the WWE main roster.
    AAA fired Teddy Hart after he showed up to a show drunk. Not all that surprising.
    Ivan Putski passed away at the age of 78.
    Rockin' Robin passed away at the age of 54.
    Bill Watts passed away at the age of 79.
    Bill Graham passed away at the age of 75.
    NXT:UK roster member Charlie Morgan broke her cranium in a match and is out over a year. At 28 she still has hope to wrestle again.
    ICW secured a deal to broadcast their events throughout all of Europe, helping them gain a larger audience.
    Billy Gunn opened his own wrestling school, The Gunn Dojo.
    Bill Goldberg and Dump Matsumoto were inducted into the game's Hall of Immortals.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So RVD forced my hand last show, using his creative control to block him from dropping the title. Let's see where we go from here.
    My creative team recommended Ruby Raze to me before the show. She came cheap so I signed her as an enhancement talent.

OVW Presents: Heat Up Your Summer 2019

Live from Dayton, Ohio

Backstage Incidents
    James Storm and Kenta are working in Japan tonight.
    Rob Van Dam has taken Flip Gordon under his wing.

Pre Show

Dick Justice and Mr. 450 vs Jax Dane and Ruby Raze E
    In a pre-show bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Dick Justice and Mr 450 defeated Jax Dane and Ruby Raze in 6:48 when Mr 450 defeated Ruby Raze by pinfall with a 450 Splash.
    Notes: Dick Justice debuted his Comedy Law Enforcer gimmick, rated as Very Good. Ruby Raze has debuted her Biker gimmick, rated as Very Good.

Christina Von Eerie vs Ryan Nova E
    In a poor pre-show match, Ryan Nova defeated Christina Von Eerie in 7:38 by pinfall.
    Notes: Christina Von Eerie has debuted her Punk gimmick, rated as Below Average.

Portly Gentlemen (Fallah Bahh and Jervis Cottonbelly) vs Pieces of Hate E
    In a pre-show bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Portly Gentlemen defeated The Pieces of Hate in 6:49 when Fallah Bahh defeated The Shard by pinfall.
    Notes: The Shard has debuted his Mysterious gimmick, rated as Average.

Sugar Dunkerton vs Cortez D-
    In a poor pre-show match, Sugar Dunkerton defeated Cortez in 7:47 by pinfall with a Shut Up And Slam.

Main Show

Pac vs Michael Dante D+
    In an extremely short match, Pac defeated Michael Dante in 4:24 by pinfall with a 630 Senton.

Angelico vs Aaron Stevens D
    In a decent match, Aaron Stevens defeated Angelico in 10:23 by pinfall after using a foreign object.

Segment: Christy Hemme is in the ring, and introduces Bailey as the newest member of the roster. Bailey comes out and poses for the crowd. E+
    Notes: Bailey has debuted her Girl Next Door gimmick, rated as Average.

Extra Talented vs Cryme Tyme(c) - OVW Tag Team Titles D-
    In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Extra Talented defeated Cryme Tyme in 10:40 when Jay-TG intentionally got counted out while fighting Ricky Starks.

Shad Gaspard carried the match in terms of in-ring performance.

Jay Bradley vs Barry Ryan vs Afa Anoa'i Jr. - OVW American Title #1 Contender Match E+
    In a decent match, Jay Bradley defeated Barry Ryan and Afa Anoa'i Jr in 7:40 when Jay Bradley defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr by pinfall with a Boomstick.

Segment: Pac cuts a backstage promo on RVD. He says Van Dam beat him fair and square but his post match sneak attack lit a fire under him. He promises to take the title from Van Damn as payback. C-

Amazing Red vs Crimson D-
    In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Crimson defeated Amazing Red in 8:03 by pinfall with a Mercy Kill following interference from Jax Dane.
    Notes: Red and Crimson have pretty good chemistry when fighting and it helped the match.

Flip Gordon vs Akira Tozawa D
    In a decent match, Akira Tozawa defeated Flip Gordon in 12:33 by pinfall with a Bridging German Suplex.
    Notes: Tozawa debuted his Wrestling Machine gimmick, rated as Poor. Flip Gordon was visibly tiring toward the end of the match.

Segment: A video package plays hyping up Foxxy. D

Foxxy vs Robbie E D-
    In a decent match, Foxxy defeated Robbie E in 7:35 by pinfall with a Foxxy Buster.
    Notes: Foxxy has debuted her Diva gimmick, rated as Average.

Bailey vs Carlito Colon C-
    In a decent match, Bailey defeated Carlito Colon in 10:29 by pinfall with a Bailey-to-Belly Suplex.

Segment: After the match, Bailey offers to shake the hand of Carlito Colon who accepts the shake and then cheapshots Bailey after! D-

Hurricane Helms vs Taya Valkyrie(c) - OVW American Title D-
    In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Taya Valkyrie defeated Hurricane Helms in 9:10 by pinfall with a Northern Lights Suplex. Taya Valkyrie makes defence number 1 of her OVW American title.

Segment: Rob Van Damn is shown warming up backstage. He makes sure to mention how he is carrying OVW. C
    Notes: Van Damn has debuted a new heel gimmick, Cocky, rated as Above Average.

Christian Rose vs Chris Adonis vs Rob Van Damn(c) - OVW World Heavy Title D
    In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Rob Van Dam defeated Christian Rose and Chris Adonis in 14:28 when Rob Van Dam defeated Christian Rose by pinfall with a Five Star Frog Splash. During the match we also had Pac distract Adonis, who was in control of the match at the time. Rob Van Dam makes defense number 5 of his OVW World Heavyweight title.

Christian Rose was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance.

Segment: While RVD is celebrating, Pac comes to the ring and challenges him to a rematch. RVD agrees. Pac says he failed to mention it will be a TLC match. D+

Overall Rating - D

Post Show Notes
    431 of 500 tickets were sold.
    OVW popularity increased in all 11 US Regions.
    Christian Rose was given some encouragement. He seemed pleased.
    Bailey and Carlito were complimented on good performances. They both seemed pleased.

James Storm wrestled on the NJPW tour. KENTA wrestled for the ZERO1 tour. Both were victorious.
    Last edited by Yaz; 01-21-2019 at 01:47 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I am now into July in game, meaning half the year is gone and I still haven't gone bankrupt!

I have noticed a handful of things and will be making a couple of changes to the LP. The most notable change will be on the major show results. Title changes are few and far between, so they will only be announced when they happen. I've noticed that WWE also loves to book repetitive matches, like even more repetitive than real life. Since Wrestlemania, March in game, WWE has booked The Bella Twins vs The IIConics at every PPV plus six times on Raw and twice on Smackdown. Most of the time there are no real stories to their matches, so its becoming unfulfilling for me to include them. There is no need for me to mention that Daniel Bryan defended against Luke Gallows for the third time either. This coupled with ROH and NJPW rarely holding actual title matches on their PPVs has lead me to trim the excess. If a title changes hands, I will mention it, but if not you will just have to find who the champ in a major fed is by scrolling back a few posts.

All other news will still be included.

OVW News
    WWE allowed Peyton Royce to negotiate with other companies. She signed PPA deals with me and Shimmer. Her ring name has yet to be decided.

Major Show Results
    Tetsuya Naito won the NJPW Best of the Super Juniors tournament.
    Frankie Kazarian defeated Jay Lethal at ROH Best in the World to win the ROH World Title
    Harnandez and Zachery Wentz defeated LAX at Impact One Night Only to win the Impact Tag Team Titles

World News
    PWG made Pentagon Jr their Figurehead, the equivalent of an Ace in Japan.
    Impact rose to Cult size while NXT:UK and Progress both rose to Regional.
    Layla and Ricky Ortiz got divorced, though Ortiz was lucky to have her in the first place.
    Laura James aka Mrs. Joey Ryan, announced she was pregnant. No real shock there.
    Wild Samoan Training Center closed down following Afa Anoa'i leaving the wrestling business. One thinks one of the other 900 members of that family could have taken over.

Mid Year Awards
    None of these are official, they just represent the game's prediction based upon the events of the first half of the year.
    Wrestler of the Year - Tetsuya Naito
    Company of the Year - NJPW
    Team of the Year - Golden Lovers
    Match of the Year - Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Kazuchika Okada on an episode of NJPW World Pro Wrestling.
    Show of the Year - Wrestle Kingdom 13
    Young Wrestler of the Year - Dragon Lee 2
    Veteran Wrestler of the Year - Hiroshi Tanahashi
    Female Wrestler of the Year - Meiko Satomura
    Independent Wrestler of the Year - Stu Bennett

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OVW Presents: Summer Sizzler 2019
    Live from Glendale, Wisconsin

Backstage Incidents
    James Storm and Kenta are working in Japan.

Pre Show

Afa Anoa'i Jr vs Cortez D-
    In a decent pre-show match, Cortez defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr in 6:32 by pinfall with a Superkick.
    Notes: Anoa'i and Cortez have great chemistry and it showed in their performance.

Team Overkill vs Pieces of Hate E+
    In a poor pre-show match, Team Overkill defeated The Pieces of Hate in 9:02 when Christian Rose defeated The Shard by pinfall.

Mr 450 vs Jax Dane E
    In a poor pre-show match, Mr 450 defeated Jax Dane in 8:12 by pinfall with a 450 Splash.
    Notes: Mr 450 and Dane have pretty good chemistry and it showed.

Segment: A video showing Christina Von Eerie at a tattoo convention airs. D+

Amazing Red vs Flip Gordon D
    In a pre-show bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, Amazing Red defeated Flip Gordon in 6:38 by pinfall with a Code Red.
    Notes: Red and Flip have great chemistry and is lifted the match quality.

Extra Talented vs Team Titan E+
    In a decent match, Extra Talented defeated Team Titan in 8:25 when Aaron Solo defeated Barry Ryan by pinfall after a miscue by Team Titan.

Segment: Ryan and Adonis argue after the match and Adonis lays out Ryan. E+

Jay Bradley vs Taya Valkyrie(c) - OVW American Title D-
    In a decent match, Taya Valkyrie defeated Jay Bradley in 13:19 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. Taya Valkyrie makes defence number 2 of her OVW American title.

Segment: A video package airs hyping Joey Ryan's return to in ring action. E+

Foxxy vs Ruby Raze D-
    In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Foxxy defeated Ruby Raze in 6:17 by pinfall with an Officer Nasty.
    Notes: Foxxy and Raze have pretty good chemistry and it showed.

Segment: RVD finally arrives at the arena. He's late, but hes the champ and does what he wants. C

Portly Gentlemen vs Cryme Tyme(c) - OVW Tag Team Titles D-
    In a decent match, Cryme Tyme defeated Portly Gentlemen in 6:42 when Shad Gaspard defeated Jervis Cottonbelly by pinfall with a G-9. Cryme Tyme make defence number 6 of their OVW Tag Team titles.

Dick Justice vs Scott Steiner E+
    In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Dick Justice defeated Scott Steiner in 6:43 by pinfall.

Segment: Jay Bradley cuts a promo, calling out Taya for cheating and promising to get a rematch and settle the score. E+
    Notes: Bradley struggled without a script despite insisting he work without one.

Joey Ryan vs Aaron Stevens D
    In a decent match, Aaron Stevens defeated Joey Ryan in 7:12 by pinfall with an Idolizer.

Segment: Bruce Prichard is backstage with Chris Adonis. He tells him he made the right call attacking Barry Ryan. now that he is free of the dead weight, he can make it to the top. Adonis agrees. D-

Sugar Dunkerton vs Michael Dante D-
    In a decent match, Sugar Dunkerton defeated Michael Dante in 6:33 by pinfall.

Bailey vs Robbie E C-
    In a decent match, Robbie E defeated Bailey in 9:27 by pinfall with a Fresh to Death following interference from Carlito Colon.

Segment: A hype video airs, showing Pac's aerial prowess. D

Ryan Nova vs Crimson D-
    In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Crimson defeated Ryan Nova in 10:22 by pinfall with a Mercy Kill.

Hurricane Helms and Angelico vs Akira Tozawa and Carlito Colon D+
    In a decent match, Akira Tozawa and Carlito Colon defeated Hurricane Helms and Angelico in 9:20 when Akira Tozawa defeated Hurricane Helms by pinfall with a Bridging German Suplex.

In terms of in-ring work, Akira Tozawa was head and shoulders above everyone else.

Segment: Bailey is cutting a promo on Carlito when he walks past and brags about how he just won, something Bailey couldn't do. Before she can respond, he spits apple at her. D-

Pac vs Rob Van Dam(c) - OVW World Heavyweight Title TLC Match C
    In a bout that had fantastic heat and great wrestling, Pac defeated Rob Van Dam in a TLC match in 15:33 when Pac retrieved the title. Pac wins the OVW World Heavyweight title.

Final Rating - C-

Post Show Notes
    Popularity increased in all 11 US Regions.
    432 of 500 tickets sold.
    Pac was told he is awesome for taking a stunt bump in his match.
    RVD was pointed at as a good example for going through with the title change despite his initial protest.
    Bailey was complimented on a good performance.
    All three seemed pleased.
    Scott Steiner was PISSED I booked him to lose. He trashed the locker room. One wonders what would make him so enraged.

KENTA wrestled for ZERO1 and Storm had the night off of the NJPW tour.
    Last edited by Yaz; 01-22-2019 at 02:42 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    July

OVW News
    I signed a deal to allow ESPN to broadcast my events On Demand. It means more sponsorship money and a larger audience. Powerbomb.TV will still broadcast the events live in the US, but ESPN will have them available on demand in all of the US and Canada. I also signed a deal with a local station to air my events in a late night slot the day after they are broadcast live on Powerbomb.TV. I get no sponsorship money from this deal, but the requirements are super lax and its good for exposure and growth in my home region.
    The extra sponsor money gave me some room to make a new signing. After searching for a new Authority Figure to take the place of a very sub par Christy Hemme, I was able to hire DDP. Hemme will stick around for now, likely in a manager role.
    I also signed Stevie Richards to a manager role.

Major Fed Title Changes
    Fandango defeated Dean Ambrose and Bobby Fish to win the IC Title on the Raw before Extreme Rules.

News
    AAA dropped Psycho Clown as their figurehead. He was pissed and did a shoot against them on a local radio station.
    A new company, Powerbomb Association Wrestling (PAW) opened in Scandinavia.
    Steve Cutler and Jeet Rama were called up to the WWE main roster.
    Jeff Jarrett was fired from AAA.
    LA Park was fired from CMLL.
    Tommy Rich slipped backstage at an indie show and herniated a disc, putting him on the shelf for over a month.
    Brooke Adams gave birth.
    Peyton Royce, Priscilla Kelly, and Heather Monroe all announced they were pregnant.
    Chris Jericho, Billy Corgan, and Andy Williams of Every Time I Die put together a four month world tour. Jericho and Corgan really enjoy jamming together. I guess the world is a vampire you stupid idiot (sorry, this was the best I came up with at 3:30am)
    Norman Smiley left WWE to take over as head trainer at Body Slam University.
    Tommy Dreamer was inducted into the Hall of Immortals.

Thread Information