Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Yaz Runs OVW in TEW 2016: A Subpar LP

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    These men, they hurt me.

RVD tested positive once before and I gave him a slap on the wrist. It's pot, it isn't a big deal, but I asked him to tone down the usage. I chose to fine him this time to try to get the message across. I upset RVD, as well as Flip Gordon and Brian Pillman Jr, his proteges.

Now Big Dave was a tough one. I chose to fine him, which is the same course of action I took when Cortez pissed hot. Dave took the fine in stride and nothing noteworthy happened.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OVW Presents: Homecoming 2019
    Live from Louisville, Kentucky

Backstage Incidents
    RVD is still upset over the fine for the failed drug test and its brought morale down a bit, but nothing serious.
    Laura James and Cassidy are on maternity leave.

Pre Show

Princessa Sugehit vs Gabby Ortiz vs Kris Wolf D-
    In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Princesa Sugehit defeated Gabby Ortiz and Kris Wolf in 8:09 when Princesa Sugehit defeated Gabby Ortiz by pinfall with a Frankensteiner.

Sugar Dunkerton vs Zeda Zhang E+
    In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but terrible wrestling, Sugar Dunkerton defeated Zeda Zhang in 5:45 by submission.
    Notes: Dunkerton and Zhang don't seem to click and it made for an awkward bout.

Jay Bradley & Josh Woods vs Chris Adonis & James Storm D+
    In a decent pre-show match, Chris Adonis and James Storm defeated Jay Bradley and Josh Woods in 8:33 when Chris Adonis defeated Josh Woods by submission with an Adonis Lock.

Afa Anoa'i Jr vs Flip Gordon vs Mr 450 D
    In a decent pre-show match, Flip Gordon defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr and Mr 450 in 6:45 when Flip Gordon defeated Afa Anoa'i Jr by submission.

Team Overkill vs Cryme Tyme D
    In a decent pre-show match, Cryme Tyme defeated Team Overkill in 9:04 when Jay-TG defeated Matt Cage by pinfall with a G-9.

Curry Man vs Ryan Nova vs Ruby Raze vs Hikaru Shida D-
    In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Curry Man defeated Ryan Nova, Ruby Raze and Hikaru Shida in 8:08 when Curry Man defeated Ruby Raze by pinfall with an Angel's Wings.

Main Show

Segment: Diamond Dallas Page makes his way to the stage and thanks the fans for OVW's first show with a thousand fans in attendance and says none of this would be possible without them. He then says Pac has requested the best competition and after her victory over Carltio in a Last Man Standing, he books Pac and Bailey for the World Title tonight. D

Amazing Red vs Robbie E(c) - OVW Cruiserweight Title D
    In a decent match, Robbie E defeated Amazing Red in 8:46 by pinfall with a Fresh to Death. Robbie E makes defence number 2 of his OVW Cruiserweight title.

Portly Gentlemen vs The War Kings D-
    In a decent match, The War Kings defeated Portly Gentlemen in 8:28 when Crimson defeated Jervis Cottonbelly by pinfall with a Mercy Kill.

Segment: Bailey cuts a promo hyping herself up. D+

Angelico vs Barry Ryan vs Rhino vs Michael Dante D
    In a decent match, Rhino defeated Angelico, Barry Ryan and Michael Dante in 11:14 when Rhino defeated Barry Ryan by pinfall with a Gore.

Segment: Pac cuts a promo on Bailey. D+

Foxxy vs Taya Valkyrie(c) - OVW American Title D
    In a decent match, Taya Valkyrie defeated Foxxy in 9:20 by pinfall with a Northern Lights Suplex. Taya Valkyrie makes defence number 7 of her OVW American title.

Dick Justice & Joey Ryan vs Rob Van Dam & Brian Pillman Jr D
    In a decent match, Rob Van Dam and Brian Pillman Jr defeated Dick Justice and Joey Ryan in 9:28 when Rob Van Dam defeated Dick Justice by pinfall with a Five Star Frog Splash.

Segment: A hype video airs showing Jaxx and her raw power. C

Batista vs The Shard D
    In an extremely short match, Dave Batista defeated The Shard in 4:13 by pinfall with a Batista Bomb.

Rebecca Knox vs Jaxx(c) - OVW Women's Title C-
    In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Rebecca Knox defeated Jaxx in 12:25 when Jaxx intentionally got counted out.

Segment: Still in the ring, Rebecca Knox cuts a promo on Jaxx. D

Trinity vs Paige Turner D
    In a decent match, Trinity defeated Paige Turner in 8:30 by submission with a Bad Place.

Orlando Colon vs Carlito Colon D+
    In a decent match, Carlito Colon defeated Orlando Colon in 11:16 by pinfall with a Backstabber.
    Notes: Orlando Colon has debuted his Surfer gimmick, rated as Above Average.

Segment: Backstage Aaron Solo and Ricky Starks are shown hanging out. They admire their title belts. E+

Extra Talented(c) vs Aaron Stevens & Cortez - OVW Tag Team Titles D
    In a decent match, Extra Talented defeated Aaron Stevens and Cortez in 10:20 when Ricky Starks defeated Cortez by pinfall. Extra Talented make defence number 1 of their OVW Tag Team titles.
    Notes: Stevens and Cortez have excellent chemistry when teaming together.

Segment: After the match, Aaron Stevens attacks Cortez, frustrated from the loss. E-

Bailey vs Pac(c) - OVW World Heavyweight Title C+
    In a bout that had superb wrestling and great heat, Bailey drew with Pac in 13:33 when Chris Adonis came in and beat down both Bailey and Pac.

Overall Rating - C

Post Show Notes
    We sold out the 1000 seat venue. We had to turn people away at the door.
    Popularity increased in all 18 broadcast regions.
    Chris Adonis and Rebecca Know were complimented on good performances. Both seemed pleased.
    RVD was given a hug. He seemed pleased.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    December

OVW News
    I signed Jack Gallagher to a contract. Dude is a personal favorite of mine. Just waiting for that no compete clause to finish up.

Major Title Changes
    Gable & Benjamin defeated AOP to win the Smackdown Tag Team Titles at Clash of Champions.
    Dezmond Xavier & El Hijo del Fantasma defeated the OGz to win the Impact Tag Team Titles.
    Golden Lovers won the NJPW World Tag League Tournament

World News
    Impact have started to hand out written contracts to their higher level talent. They also poached some talent from smaller US feds. They took Christina Von Eerie from me but companies like PWG and CZW suffered worse.
    Lars Sullivan and Adrian Jaoude were called up from NXT.
    WWE chose to release Andrade. He promptly signed with both NOAH and ZERO1.
    Sin Cara and Goldust were also let go by WWE.
    ROH let Bully Ray go.
    Jushin Liger finally called it quits.
    EC3 herniated a disc, putting him on the shelf for a year.
    After being released from NXT a few months back, Marina Shafir has gone back to MMA.
    Zelina Vega gave birth.
    Akebono opened his own wrestling school, Akebono Training School
    Virus, of CMLL fame, also opened a school, The House of Virus, which is a stellar name.
    Great Muta, Jushin Liger, and Bob Sapp were all elected to the Hall of Immortals.

Year End Awards
    Wrestler of the Year - Kenny Omega
    Company of the Year - NJPW
    Team of the Year - Golden Lovers
    Match of the Year - Kenny Omega vs Tetsuya Naito
    Show of the Year - Wrestle Kingdom 13
    Young Wrestler of the Year - Dragon Lee 2
    Veteran Wrestler of the Year - Hiroshi Tanahashi
    Female Wrestler of the Year - Meiko Satomura
    Most Improved Company - Impact
    Independent Wrestler of the Year - Stu Bennett
    Manager of the Year - Paul Heyman
    Announcer of the Year - Shinpei Nogami
    Color Commentator of the Year - Arturo Rivera
    Referee of the Year - John Cone

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So I took a few days off since I was pumping out the shows faster than I had anticipated, but I am ready to get back to it. I'm open to suggestions from things you guys may want to see or how you think I can improve the reader experience. Hopefully you guys stick around for year two.

Year Two Goals
    • Finally turn a profit
    • Reach Regional Status
    • Gain a TV Deal
    • Women's Division Fully Ready
    • Trim Roster Fat

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OVW Presents: Surviving The Steel 2020
    Live from Kent, Ohio.

Backstage Incidents
    Cassidy and Laura James are on maternity leave.

Pre Show

Blaster McMassive vs Cortez E+
    In a pre-show bout that didn't have much heat and terrible wrestling, Cortez defeated Blaster McMassive in 7:16 by submission with a Dragon Sleeper.
    Notes: Blaster has debuted his Power and Paint gimmick, rated as Awful.

Portly Gentlemen vs Pieces of Hate D-
    In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Portly Gentlemen defeated The Pieces of Hate in 7:09 when Fallah Bahh defeated The Shard by pinfall.

Afa Anoa'i Jr. & Miranda Salinas vs Cody Hall & Gabby Ortiz E+
    In a poor pre-show match, Afa Anoa'i Jr and Miranda Salinas defeated Cody Hall and Gabby Ortiz in 7:33 when Afa Anoa'i Jr defeated Cody Hall by pinfall with a People's Headbutt.
    Notes: Salinas has debuted her Young Lion gimmick, rated as Below Average. Hall has debuted his Bully gimmick, rated as Average.

Dick Justice & Josh Woods vs Team Overkill D-
    In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Team Overkill defeated Dick Justice and Josh Woods in 7:27 when Christian Rose defeated Josh Woods by submission.

Princessa Sugehit vs Makoto vs Hikaru Shida vs Kris Wolf D-
    In a poor pre-show match, Kris Wolf defeated Makoto, Hikaru Shida and Princesa Sugehit in 9:47 when Kris Wolf defeated Princesa Sugehit by pinfall.

Foxxy vs Ruby Raze vs Zeda Zhang D-
    In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Foxxy defeated Ruby Raze and Zeda Zhang in 6:44 when Foxxy defeated Zeda Zhang by pinfall with a Foxxy Buster.

Main Show

Flip Gordon vs Brian Pillman Jr D-
    In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Flip Gordon defeated Brian Pillman Jr in 7:51 by submission.

Segment: Bailey is shown backstage. She is punching a heavy bag but stops to hug it part way through. C-

Curry Man vs Sugar Dunkerton vs Rob Van Dam D+
    In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Rob Van Dam defeated Curry Man and Sugar Dunkerton in 11:03 when Rob Van Dam defeated Curry Man by pinfall with a Five Star Frog Splash.
    Notes: Daniels (Curry Man) requested to take the fall here to protect Dunkerton. Nice fella.

Extra Talented(c) vs The War Kings - OVW Tag Team Titles D
    In a decent match, Extra Talented defeated The War Kings in 12:25 when Aaron Solo defeated Jax Dane by submission. Extra Talented make defence number 2 of their OVW Tag Team titles.

Segment: Christy Hemme interviews Bruce Prichard. He promotes Chris Adonis, who mostly just stands around and shows off his muscles, and puts down Pac and Bailey. He says tonight, they can't hope to win, only survive. D

Segment: A video package airs hyping the debut later tonight of La Sombra. D+

Angelico vs Taya Valkyrie(c) - OVW American Title D+
    In a decent match, Taya Valkyrie defeated Angelico in 10:42 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. Taya Valkyrie makes defence number 8 of her OVW American title.

Segment: Batista cuts a promo hyping himself up. He says he got his start in OVW all those years ago and he will bring his career full circle when he wins the OVW World Heavyweight Title in the near future. B+

Rebecca Knox & Trinity vs Jaxx & Paige Turner D+
    In a decent match, Jaxx and Paige Turner defeated Rebecca Knox and Trinity in 9:01 when Jaxx defeated Trinity by pinfall.

Segment: After the match, Trinity, Rebecca Knox, Jaxx, and Paige Turner won't stop fighting, despite the attempts by security to break them up. It's an all out brawl to the back with no regard for prior partnerships. D

Jay Bradley vs Rhino D+
    In a decent match, Rhino defeated Jay Bradley in 8:34 by pinfall with a Rhino Driver.

Orlando Colon vs Robbie E(c) - OVW Cruiserweight Title D+
    In a decent match, Robbie E defeated Orlando Colon in 12:26 by pinfall with a Boom Drop following interference from Carlito Colon. Robbie E makes defence number 3 of his OVW Cruiserweight title.

Segment: Pac cuts a promo hyping himself up. He says that pro wrestling is a world of giants, but gravity has a tendency of making them fall hard. C

Amazing Red vs La Sombra C-
    In a bout that had good wrestling and a decent reaction from the crowd, La Sombra defeated Amazing Red in 7:25 by pinfall with a Sombra Driver.
    Notes: La Sombra has debuted his Cocky Masked Luchadore gimmick, rated as Great.

Joey Ryan vs Michael Dante D-
    In a decent match, Michael Dante defeated Joey Ryan in 8:20 by submission.

Segment: James Storm says he traveled the world and was disgusted with what he saw, and now that he is back in OVW, he will show the world what a true man is. C-

Shad Gaspard vs Batista D
    In a bout that had fantastic heat and decent wrestling, Dave Batista defeated Shad Gaspard in 6:54 by pinfall with a Batista Bomb. During the match Jay-TG kept trying to distract Batista.
    Notes: Both Shad and Batista seemed off their game.

Barry Ryan, Mr 450, Ryan Nova vs Aaron Stevens, Carlito Colon, James Storm D+
    In a decent match, Aaron Stevens, Carlito Colon and James Storm defeated Barry Ryan, Mr 450 and Ryan Nova in 9:38 when James Storm defeated Mr 450 by pinfall with a Last Call.

Segment: A video airs hyping the upcoming steel cage title match between Pac, Bailey, and Chris Adonis. D

Bailey vs Chris Adonis vs Pac(c) - OVW World Heavyweight Title C+
    In a bout that had superb wrestling and great heat, Chris Adonis defeated Bailey and Pac in 14:33 when Chris Adonis defeated Pac by submission with an Adonis Lock. Chris Adonis wins the OVW World Heavyweight title.

Overall Rating - C+

Overall Notes
    1110 of 1143 tickets were sold.
    Popularity increased in all of US and Canada, 18 regions.
    Curry Man was pointed at as a good example. He seemed pleased.
    Adonis & La Sombra were complimented on good performances. Both seemed pleased.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

7. Likes Skairipa liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Real talk, good job getting that B+ segment and a rock solid grade.

Makes me feel warm and fuzzy seeing Bayley get the shots you're giving her too. You really know how to mix things up.

9. Likes Yaz liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    January 2020

OVW News
    Cody Hall and Eddie Colon were signed to PPA deals.

Major Title Changes
    Seth Rollins won the Royal Rumble
    Killian Dain won the IC Title from Fandango
    Ronda Rousey defeated Nikki Cross for the Smackdown Women's Title
    Alisha Edwards defeated Tessa Blanchard for the Impact Women's Title

World News
    AJPW Rose to Cult size
    Oney Lorcan and Kyle O'Reilly were called up to the main roster
    Liv Morgan and Tyler Bate broke up
    El Texano Jr herniated a disc and is out for at least 14 months

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OVW Presents: Retribution 2020
    Live from Evansville, Indiana

Pre-Show

Princesa Sugehit and Makoto vs Gabby Ortiz and Zeda Zhang E+
    In a poor pre-show match, Princesa Sugehit and Makoto defeated Gabby Ortiz and Zeda Zhang in 7:40 when Princesa Sugehit defeated Zeda Zhang by pinfall with a Frankensteiner.

Cody Hall vs Blaster McMassive E-
    In a terrible pre-show match, Cody Hall defeated Blaster McMassive in 5:46 by pinfall with a Razor's Edge.

Team Overkill vs The Pieces of Hate E+
    In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, The Pieces of Hate defeated Team Overkill in 8:12 when Jigsaw defeated Matt Cage by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage.

Jay Bradley vs Jax Dane D-
    In a decent pre-show match, Jay Bradley defeated Jax Dane in 5:44 by pinfall with a Boomstick.

Foxxy vs Kris Wolf E+
    In a pre-show bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Foxxy defeated Kris Wolf in 7:40 by pinfall with a Watch Yo' Face.

Flip Gordon, Angelico and Barry Ryan vs Brian Pillman Jr, Cortez and Crimson D
    In a decent pre-show match, Flip Gordon, Angelico and Barry Ryan defeated Brian Pillman Jr, Cortez and Crimson in 12:09 when Barry Ryan defeated Cortez by pinfall with a Cobra Clutch Slam.

Main Show

Segment: Christy Hemme opens the show in the ring and interviews Bruce Prichard. He promotes Chris Adonis, who stands around posing with his World Title. Prichard puts down Pac, calling him a little man in a land of giants. D

Segment: Bailey is backstage when Rebecca Knox comes up and tells her she is proud of her despite failing in her attempt to win the World Title. She asks if Bailey would be willing to tag with her tonight. Bailey responds that she is ready to kick a little lass. C-

Sugar Dunkerton vs Amazing Red E+
    In a bout that had a decent reaction from the crowd but sub-par wrestling, Sugar Dunkerton defeated Amazing Red in 7:22 by submission.
    Notes: Stevie Richards came down in the middle of the match to cheer on Dunkerton.

Joey Ryan vs Taya Valkyrie(c) - OVW American Title D
    In a decent match, Joey Ryan defeated Taya Valkyrie in 10:45 when Taya Valkyrie tried to be intentionally disqualified by kicking Ryan low. Ryan shrugged off the blow and the referee continued the match. Ryan rolled Taya up in the commotion. Joey Ryan wins the OVW American title.

Segment: Post match, Joey celebrated by hanging the title in his tights. Taya walked out disgusted. E+

Portly Gentlemen vs Cryme Tyme D
    In a decent match, Cryme Tyme defeated Portly Gentlemen in 7:36 when Shad Gaspard defeated Jervis Cottonbelly by pinfall with a G-9.

Segment: A video package airs showing Trinity's dancing skills and her early career as a hip hop backup dancer and cheer girl for the Orlando Magic. C+

Curry Man vs Ryan Nova vs Robbie E(c) - OVW Cruiserweight Title D
    In a decent match, Curry Man defeated Ryan Nova and Robbie E in 11:11 when Curry Man defeated Ryan Nova by pinfall with a Last Rites. Curry Man wins the OVW Cruiserweight title.

Segment: Batista is backstage with Christy Hemme, talking about his match later tonight. Aaron Stevens jumps his from behind, but Batista ends up beating him up instead. C+

Extra Talented(c) vs James Storm and Rhino - OVW Tag Team Titles D+
    In a decent match, Rhino and James Storm defeated Extra Talented in 9:56 when Rhino defeated Ricky Starks by pinfall with a Rhino Driver. Rhino and James Storm win the OVW Tag Team titles.

Segment: After the match Extra Talented try to shake hands with Storm and Rhino, but the newly crowned champs refuse. D-

Eddie Colon, Orlando Colon and Mr 450 vs Carlito Colon, La Sombra and Rob Van Dam C-
    In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Carlito Colon, La Sombra and Rob Van Dam defeated Mr 450 and The Colons in 13:23 when La Sombra defeated Mr 450 by pinfall with a Sombra Driver.
    Notes: Eddie Colon debuted his Old School Face gimmick, rated as Great.

Segment: The debuting Jack Gallagher is backstage with Dick Justice, showing him the gentlemanly way of eating a doughnut. Justice doesn't get it, and The Gentleman has a match soon. D-
    Notes: Gallagher has debuted his Gentleman gimmick, rated as Great.

Jack Gallagher vs Michael Dante C-
    In a decent match, Jack Gallagher defeated Michael Dante in 9:03 by pinfall.

Batista vs Aaron Stevens C-
    In a bout that had fantastic heat and good wrestling, Dave Batista defeated Aaron Stevens in 5:58 by pinfall with a Batista Bomb.

Segment: Jaxx cuts a promo, saying no woman in OVW can best her. E+

Hikaru Shida vs Jaxx(c) - OVW Women's Title D
    In a decent match, Jaxx defeated Hikaru Shida in 7:09 by pinfall. Jaxx makes defence number 3 of her OVW Women's title.

Segment: DDP is doing some paperwork when La Sombra comes into his office. He says he is the most talented man in this company and deserves more than aging veterans as tag partners, or kids fresh from wrestling school as opponents. He demands more, and DDP seems to agree. C-

Bailey and Rebecca Knox vs. Paige Turner and Ruby Raze C-
    In a decent match, Bailey and Rebecca Knox defeated Paige Turner and Ruby Raze in 10:08 when Bailey defeated Ruby Raze by pinfall with a Bailey-to-Belly Suplex.

Pac vs Chris Adonis(c) - OVW World Title C+
    In a superb match, Pac drew with Chris Adonis in 12:27 when both competitors were attacked by Dave Batista. He ran in, beat the, both down, and posed with the title to end the show.

Overall Rating - C

Notes
    The shows was a sellout with 1,200 tickets sold.
    Popularity increased in all 18 regions across the US and Canada.
    Pac, Batista, and La Sombra were all complimented on good performances and all seemed pleased.

12. Likes Skairipa liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    February 2020

OVW News
    WE GOT A TV DEAL!
    It isn't anything special, but ESPN thinks I am doing okay numbers with the on demand events so they gave me six months in the Graveyard slot to air a weekly show. OVW Breakdown will come soon (along with a full roster breakdown for all four readers.)

Major Title Changes
    Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Tanga Loa to win the New Japan Cup

World News
    Wrestle-1 declared bankruptcy and closed their doors.
    Shuji Konda took over the role of head booker for Big Japan Pro Wrestling following the closure of Wrestle-1.
    Asuka, Lana, and Dana Brooke were all let go by WWE. Asuka immediately went back to Japan under her old ring name, Kana, and is touring with Ice Ribbon.
    Minoru Suzuki of RPW-UK went online and posted several negative social media comments about WALTER.
    Scott Hall gave an interview with a local news station and said his friendship with Sean Waltman fell apart. (Probably because, as evidenced in Spidey's game, Hall is a knob.)
    Ember Moon divorced her husband, independent wrestler Matthew Palmer. (IRL they had a joint GoT/Harry Potter themed wedding so it was doomed to fail)
    Dean Ambrose and Renee Young also called their marriage off. Both are still employed by WWE.
    Madison Eagles got into a shouting match with Raven (yes that Raven) who now works as a manager in Pro-Wrestling: EVE. Both gave interviews confirming they have differences.
    Okada got into a shoving match with NJPW referee Hiroyuki Unno.
    Laura James finally gave birth to her and Joey Ryan's son. The son came out with a full mustache.
    Marina Shafir turned down a WWE contract offer to take another MMA fight.
    Masato Tanaka was inducted into the game's Hall of Immortals.

Thread Information