Thread: WrestleMania 34 Card

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It looks like this will be the final card:

*Main Show*

1. No Holds Barred match - John Cena vs Undertaker
    2. Universal Championship - Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns
    3. WWE Championship - AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura
    4. Mixed Tag Team match - Triple H & Stephanie McMahon vs Ronda Rousey & Kurt Angle
    5. Intercontinental Championship; Triple Threat match - The Miz vs Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor
    6. United States Championship; Triple Threat match - Randy Orton vs Bobby Roode vs Jinder Mahal
    7. Tag Team match (or Handicap/Gauntlet match) - Daniel Bryan (and Shane McMahon?) vs Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn
    8. SD Women's Championship - Charlotte vs Asuka
    9. RAW Women's Championship - Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jax
    10. SD Tag Team Championship; Stipulation match - Usos vs New Day vs Buldgeon Brothers
    11. RAW Tag Team Championship - Bruan Strowman & (Elias?) vs The Bar

*Pre-Show*

1. Cruiserweight Championship
    2. Women's Battle Royal
    3. Men's Battle Royal

At first I didn't like the way Wrestlemania was shaping up at all.. but now.. it looks like the greatest card of all time. There will be wrestling. There will be entertainment. It will have everything. Just please, no concerts, no in ring segments. Those 11 matches need TIME. The roster definately has the potential to deliver one of the greatest Manias, in ring wise. So, it already has A LOT OF HYPE. I mean we have Cena-Taker, Ronda, Bryan's return, Angle's first Mania since 2006, Asuka-Charlotte, Styles-Nak, Braun Strowman and Lesnar's last WM. That's just way too much hype to handle.. And if they deliver in ring.. Oh god. It has the potential to be one the greatest ever. I have high expectations for this show.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think Jax vs. Bliss is the match that gets under 30 seconds, unless the Rusev vs. a celebrity is a real thing.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DNA 2.0 View Post
    At first I didn't like the way Wrestlemania was shaping up at all.. but now.. it looks like the greatest card of all time.
    Not to be a negative Nancy but I think you will be sorely disappointed if you keep your expectation level that high.

Taker looked awful the last time we saw him in the ring and he's only aged since then.

Lesnar/Reigns I think can be fantastic but the fans can also ruin it if they give it the Lesnar/Goldberg treatment from Wrestlemania 20.

Styles vs. Nakamura is a guaranteed good match, although I will be upset if Nakamura goes over.

The mixed tag match I don't think will be anything truly special. Just a cool moment when Ronda beats up Steph.

The Miz vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor was a great match on Raw a year or so ago but I have a hard time believing they'll strike lighting in a bottle twice with this pairing.

The US Title triple threat will be awful.

Bryan/Owens/Zayn match is a guaranteed good one.

Charlotte vs Asuka will either be great or a major disappointment.

Bliss vs. Nia will most likely be a quick squash.

And both tag matches have potential to be fun.

By no means do I think this card comes close to being the greatest ever. Sure, it CAN be. Every card WWE puts on has that potential. But I think it's a good idea to always remain skeptical of any WWE show, so just in case it is a dud, your emotions are prepared for it lol.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When I comes to WrestleMania one should always remain skeptical, but on paper this looks the best in a long time. Prepare to be disappointed.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Even if the selection of matches looks potentially good, there are far too many.

Several matches will be too long - mixed tag, Cena/Taker and probably Lesnar/Reigns, leaving others like AJ/Nak too short.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt225 View Post
    Not to be a negative Nancy but I think you will be sorely disappointed if you keep your expectation level that high.

Taker looked awful the last time we saw him in the ring and he's only aged since then.

Lesnar/Reigns I think can be fantastic but the fans can also ruin it if they give it the Lesnar/Goldberg treatment from Wrestlemania 20.

Styles vs. Nakamura is a guaranteed good match, although I will be upset if Nakamura goes over.

The mixed tag match I don't think will be anything truly special. Just a cool moment when Ronda beats up Steph.

The Miz vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor was a great match on Raw a year or so ago but I have a hard time believing they'll strike lighting in a bottle twice with this pairing.

The US Title triple threat will be awful.

Bryan/Owens/Zayn match is a guaranteed good one.

Charlotte vs Asuka will either be great or a major disappointment.

Bliss vs. Nia will most likely be a quick squash.

And both tag matches have potential to be fun.

By no means do I think this card comes close to being the greatest ever. Sure, it CAN be. Every card WWE puts on has that potential. But I think it's a good idea to always remain skeptical of any WWE show, so just in case it is a dud, your emotions are prepared for it lol.
    I definately don't expect every match to steal the show and be the greatest ever. Each match has its own glass ceiling. What I'm expecting is the following:

Cena/Taker to be a spectacle and electrifying due to the crowd.
    Lesnar/Reigns to be a brawl-fest and no, I don't think fans will give it the WM 20 treatment. Fans hated Lesnar back then for the way he decided to go and the timing. Not the actual fact he was leaving. Plus, back then you had 20,000 people in MSG. Definately all of them were hardcore fans. Now in a 80,000 stadium, those 20,000 still exist, but I definately don't expect 80,000 people to boo both men out of the arena.
    As fas Styles vs Nak goes, that's your own subjective opinion. Honestly I don't care who wins. If Styles wins, I'd like to see a long-term angle come in play where Nakamura climbs back the ladder and finally beats AJ.
    The mixed tag is there for entertainment reasons. All I want to see from this is that it should not be more than 10 minutes and Ronda should kick both HHH and Steph's asses.
    Miz/Rollins/Balor will be good if given 10-15 minutes.
    From the US title match I expect more taunting and pantering to the crowd than I do actual good wrestling.
    Bryan is Hype regardless what will happen.
    Charlotte/Asuka - That's the only one I agree with you here. But with 15 minutes, they can steal the show.
    I hope that Nia vs Bliss is a quick squash, or at least a screwey DQ finish. I won't care. I only want to see Nia kill both Mickie and Bliss, even if she wins or not.
    And yeah the tag matches should be fun.

Those are my expectations and I think it will deliver.

10. Likes jmt225 liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Interesting symmetry between Raw and Smackdown on this WrestleMania.

Both Universal and WWE championships are singles matchups.
    Both US and Intercontinental championships are Triple Threats.
    Both GM/Commissioner matches are paying off in tag team matches (assuming).
    SD and RAW Women's Championships are both singles matchups.

Good on the tag division for deviating.

12. Likes DNA 2.0, jmt225 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    Interesting symmetry between Raw and Smackdown on this WrestleMania.

Both Universal and WWE championships are singles matchups.
    Both US and Intercontinental championships are Triple Threats.
    Both GM/Commissioner matches are paying off in tag team matches (assuming).
    SD and RAW Women's Championships are both singles matchups.

Good on the tag division for deviating.
    That's true and definately and upgrade from last year, where SD only had 4 main card matches, while RAW had 6, and one of them was the throw-away 5-pack women's championship.

Plus I like the fact they every title has a meaningful storyline heading into Wrestlemania. It's the first time this has happened since WM 17 and I'm not exaggerating.

14. Likes smarkmouth liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If WWE wants a holy shit, what the fuck moment like the Hardyz last year HHH and Vince would put aside their personal hatred and find a way to get Punk as Bryan's partner. If thats even possible with his UFC contract

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
    If WWE wants a holy shit, what the fuck moment like the Hardyz last year HHH and Vince would put aside their personal hatred and find a way to get Punk as Bryan's partner. If thats even possible with his UFC contract
    I'm sure Triple H and Vince can do that, but I'm not sure that Punk's pride can be bought for necessity's sake. They're going to drag out the possibility of Shane until just shy of zero hour, and if Shane's not good to go, Team Hell No will be a solid substitute.

As for tonight's developments, there goes my symmetry! Glad Rusev got a spot. He deserves it.

Thread Information