Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WrestleMania 34 Card

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WrestleMania 34 Card

So in theory we're going to get the following if you believe a combination of rumours and WWE logic:

Universal Title: Lesnar (C) vs. Reigns
    WWE Title: Styles (C) vs. Nakamura
    Undertaker vs. Cena
    Rousey & Strowman (or Rock) vs. Steph & HHH
    SD Women's Title: Charlotte (C) vs. Asuka
    RAW Women's Title: Alexa Bliss (C) vs. Nia Jax AND/OR Sasha Banks (C) vs. Bayley
    RAW Tag Team Titles: The Bar (C) vs. Bray Wyatt & Woken Matt
    IC Title: Miz (C) vs. Balor (or Strowman)
    Rollins vs. Angle
    Zayn vs. Owens OR The Usos (C) vs. Zayn & Owens OR Something featuring Shane vs. either/or both Zayn & Owens
    Finals of the Cruiserweight Championship Tournament
    A Women's Match on the Pre-Show
    5th Annual ARMBR

Is there anything I'm missing here, or are we more or less there with this?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Their interaction on Raw gave some glimpses of how it might work, but with plenty of rumors saying that Miz and Braun for the IC title is the plan, I'm not sold. I just don't see how you can make Miz a credible threat to Braun. Not that many guys are and it isn't like Kalisto didn't once beat him on a fluke, but it feels like this is simple WWE trying to throw together their hottest act in Braun with a guy who has been consistent in Miz and hoping for the best.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I could see Rollins vs Strowman becoming a reality in all honesty, just a short-term feud, maybe built on the concept that the winner earns a Number 1 Contendership match.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    Their interaction on Raw gave some glimpses of how it might work, but with plenty of rumors saying that Miz and Braun for the IC title is the plan, I'm not sold. I just don't see how you can make Miz a credible threat to Braun. Not that many guys are and it isn't like Kalisto didn't once beat him on a fluke, but it feels like this is simple WWE trying to throw together their hottest act in Braun with a guy who has been consistent in Miz and hoping for the best.
    The match itself would/should be a squash, but the build could be fun. With some creative elbow grease, I could be interested in Miz chicken-sh**ing away from Braun for six weeks, until backed into a corner at WrestleMania. Then again, I'm not sure where that leaves Finn Balor.

I can't help but feel this rocket that they've lodged into Seth Rollins leads to bigger things than finding a replacement for Jason Jordan. Makes more sense, in my opinion, to wedge him into another program, and I wouldn't be surprised if we get a rematch of WrestleMania 31's actual main event. Not to mention, Roman mentioned the end of that night on Raw.

All that being said, here's a mishmash of my hypothesized card plus a few wishes;

Undertaker vs Cena

Universal Championship Match
    Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins

WWE Championship
    Shinsuke Nakamura vs AJ Styles

SD Women's Championship
    Charlotte vs Becky Lynch
    Cause why not?

RAW Women's Championship
    Asuka vs Alexa Bliss

RAW Tag Team Championship Ladder Match
    The Bar vs The Revival vs Matt Hardy/Bray Wyatt
    The Bar deserves better, but they're out of good babyface teams on RAW.

SD Tag Team Championship
    The Usos vs The Bludgeon Bros
    Remember how good their match at Summerslam was a few years back? Think of how much better the Usos are now. Harper and Rowan haven't shown much lately, but that's squashes for you. If the Usos STILL don't make it onto Mania, I don't know what to say.

Intercontental Championship
    The Miz (w. the Miztourage) vs Finn Balor (w. the Balor Club) vs Braun Strowman (w. These Hands)

United States Championship
    Bobby Roode vs Randy Orton

Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn

Cruiserweight Championship Finals
    Cedric Alexander vs Drew Gulak

Andre the Giant Battle Royal
    Big E wins!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm still not sure about Undertaker vs Cena.

Rousey is going to have a featured contest, they really shouldn't do Angle and Rousey against Triple H and Steph, but they probably will.

The Jason Jordan thing has to be going somewhere? Rollins?

Not sure, Asuka winning the women's belt is about the only thing I can guarantee.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Does anyone else wish that a miracle happens and we get Braun Strowman to win Elimination Chamber? It's highly unlikely to happen. But I still hope that it does. Braun Strowman winning the Universal/World Championship after defeating Brock Lesnar is just the perfect way for his first title win.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Miz vs Braun Strowman just sounds kind of weak because I feel that Braun should be utilized better and Miz shouldn't be dropping the title to him in a squash or partial squash. Balor would be good to go against Miz. I'm still holding out hope for Braun vs Lesnar again but I know it's not likely to happen and that's fine. Reigns vs Lesnar was great when it happened and they wouldn't disappoint again.

John Cena vs The Undertaker? Seems like a certainty at this point. Unless they go with Elias I don't see who else Cena could face at Mania. The fact that Undertaker was never announced as officially retired gives it away as well. The match will sell even though it may be a shell of what it could have been ten years ago.

It's quite a card when you get down to it, (if it ends up like this) more so than in recent years and i'm excited for where they go with it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    The match itself would/should be a squash, but the build could be fun. With some creative elbow grease, I could be interested in Miz chicken-sh**ing away from Braun for six weeks, until backed into a corner at WrestleMania. Then again, I'm not sure where that leaves Finn Balor.

I can't help but feel this rocket that they've lodged into Seth Rollins leads to bigger things than finding a replacement for Jason Jordan. Makes more sense, in my opinion, to wedge him into another program, and I wouldn't be surprised if we get a rematch of WrestleMania 31's actual main event. Not to mention, Roman mentioned the end of that night on Raw.

All that being said, here's a mishmash of my hypothesized card plus a few wishes;

Undertaker vs Cena

Universal Championship Match
    Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins

WWE Championship
    Shinsuke Nakamura vs AJ Styles

SD Women's Championship
    Charlotte vs Becky Lynch
    Cause why not?

RAW Women's Championship
    Asuka vs Alexa Bliss

RAW Tag Team Championship Ladder Match
    The Bar vs The Revival vs Matt Hardy/Bray Wyatt
    The Bar deserves better, but they're out of good babyface teams on RAW.

SD Tag Team Championship
    The Usos vs The Bludgeon Bros
    Remember how good their match at Summerslam was a few years back? Think of how much better the Usos are now. Harper and Rowan haven't shown much lately, but that's squashes for you. If the Usos STILL don't make it onto Mania, I don't know what to say.

Intercontental Championship
    The Miz (w. the Miztourage) vs Finn Balor (w. the Balor Club) vs Braun Strowman (w. These Hands)

United States Championship
    Bobby Roode vs Randy Orton

Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn

Cruiserweight Championship Finals
    Cedric Alexander vs Drew Gulak

Andre the Giant Battle Royal
    Big E wins!
    where oh where is your Shane McMahon match? Maybe we can just have him do something really stupid on the pre show & get it over with.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Grin View Post
    where oh where is your Shane McMahon match? Maybe we can just have him do something really stupid on the pre show & get it over with.
    I thought my omission of Rousey/Stephanie was going to merit this kind of response, but that was an honest mistake. Shane, I actively hope is not part of the card.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If Shane has to be on the show, have him be Rousey's partner against HHH and Stephanie. Just get it all into one match so they don't dominate everything else.

Thread Information