View Poll Results: Who Was The Wrestler Of The Year?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • AJ Styles

3 27.27%
  • Kenny Omega

1 9.09%
  • Tommaso Ciampa

3 27.27%
  • Johnny Gargano

4 36.36%
  • Velveteen Dream

0 0%
  • Seth Rollins

0 0%

Thread: Male Wrestler Of The Year

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Male Wrestler Of The Year

I wonder if NXT will make the list.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    As with the other categories, there's arguments can be made for all these choices.

AJ Styles had the most interesting World Championship run we've seen in WWE in years, and a year+ long title run is a rarity these days. I think the problem with some of Styles' year is that some of his programs were a little disappointing.

Omega has been the most talked about non-WWE wrestler in the business for the past few years. To be honest, however, I think Omega is a little overrated and his time as IWGP Heavyweight Champion was underwhelming in my eyes.

Ciampa has been a fantastic heel champion in NXT and if there's any real downside, it's that he's not had the kind of exposure some of these others have had.

Gargano, for most of the year, was the ultimate traditional babyface who tore it up every chance he got. As with Ciampa, NXT doesn't offer the sort of exposure some of these others have had and that could be a negative in the eyes of some.

Velveteen Dream has more natural charisma and personality than just about anyone since the Rock. He continues to improve but his drawback is that he almost always has lost in his big matches thus far. He's delivered fantastic performances, but he's still lost.

Seth Rollins has been the workhorse of Raw for 2018 and one of the genuinely few bright spots on a show that's seen, arguably, the worst overall year of it's 25+ years of existence.

Overall, I'm going with Ciampa as I've just enjoyed him a little bit more than everyone else in 2018.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think Styles, night in and night out is the best wrestler in the world today. He rarely has off nights and while he has never been regarded as the best promo man, he does a fine job on the mic and has made some less than stellar on paper feuds work for him in WWE. That said, Ciampa has been the most interesting and must watch performer. The NXT model doesn't have him out each week, which is why I do feel that Styles is better overall, but nothing Ciampa has done has been bad. We started 2018 with him on a crutch and barely mobile and he still had us eating out of the palm of his hand. No one, save maybe Dream, plays his character better in NXT, and I'd argue no one on the main roster touches him either. He gets my vote.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I got Rollins here. A.J. a very close 2nd. You can make a case for any of these guys, but in the end, Rollins takes this award.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information