Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Game Franchise

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Final Fantasy for me. IĆ¢??ve played most of the main series, with IX being my favourite

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    GTA is by far my favorite gaming franchise. Rockstar games in general, I get more out of those games than I do any others.

For example, I still routinely play GTA 5 after it came out in 2013. Meanwhile I pay full price for a game like Madden, That has a lifespan of about late August to late January for me before it ends up being shelved till the next one comes out.

I also love other story based games. Games like I'm playing a movie. Uncharted, The Last of Us, Fallout, Far Cry, etc.

I am really hyped for Far Cry 5. I love the setting and the background story. Going to really get into that one.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by A11 View Post
    Cant go past Assassin's creed for mine. Absolutely turned to shit for a while but AC1 through brotherhood are class and origins has steered the ship back on track, though black flag was also quality

The Batman Arkham games are great too. Wasnt too pleased with the ending but oh well. I loved those games.

Saints Row was good until 3 (which was still good) turned the story to absolute carnage and four sounded so bad I didnt touch it.

Star Wars the force unleashed was a good series too but the second one was a bit ehh but I still enjoyed them greatly
    Personally, Knights of the old republic was my favorite series from Star Wars, but The forced unleashed wasn't bad.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For me, my favorite is the Gold Box Dungeon and Dragons games created by TSR back in the 80s and 90s. Even today, I'll still pull out some of those games, create a party and go dungeon crawling.

And yes, I know my choice makes me old.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post

For me, my favorite is the Gold Box Dungeon and Dragons games created by TSR back in the 80s and 90s. Even today, I'll still pull out some of those games, create a party and go dungeon crawling.

And yes, I know my choice makes me old.
    Are those PC? How do they play compared to Baldur's Gate?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    Are those PC? How do they play compared to Baldur's Gate?
    They are PC, very old PC (I think Pool of Radiance was on NES also).

The game world is the same, though most of those games take place in a different part of the world. If I remember correctly, Gateway and Treasures of the Savage Frontier are the only ones which take place in the same region of the world as Baldur's Gate (unless you include Menzoberranzan, a game based around Drizzt, who primarily roams that area of the world).

As far as how they play, they are much different. Those games are turn based games and the graphics are exactly what you'd expect from a PC game in the late 80s and early 90s. However, the games are INCREDIBLY fun once you get the hang of what you're doing. I still play them from time to time.

7. Likes Yaz liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It was mentioned earlier in the thread but Assassin's Creed has really been stellar as of late. So much so that I have a hard time looking past it as my favourite game series.

I've bought every one so far and I haven't been disappointed yet. The latest release, Origins, was probably the best yet. Its very like The Witcher wire regards to the way it handles and plays - not a bad thing by any stretch of the imagination.

I tend to agree that it lost its way a little bit but it seems to have steadied the ship. The plot was gappy as fuck after Revelations and Brotherhood but it plays less and less of a part these days as it used. Another reason that it seems to be taking off again. Moving it back to every two years was a good choice too seemingly. Whilst I enjoyed the yearly release, they were buggy and not of great quality.

I'm so glad they have managed to put the series back on the rails with a frame kly brilliant release in Origins.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    It was mentioned earlier in the thread but Assassin's Creed has really been stellar as of late. So much so that I have a hard time looking past it as my favourite game series.

I've bought every one so far and I haven't been disappointed yet. The latest release, Origins, was probably the best yet. Its very like The Witcher wire regards to the way it handles and plays - not a bad thing by any stretch of the imagination.

I tend to agree that it lost its way a little bit but it seems to have steadied the ship. The plot was gappy as fuck after Revelations and Brotherhood but it plays less and less of a part these days as it used. Another reason that it seems to be taking off again. Moving it back to every two years was a good choice too seemingly. Whilst I enjoyed the yearly release, they were buggy and not of great quality.

I'm so glad they have managed to put the series back on the rails with a frame kly brilliant release in Origins.
    For me personally I only tend to play AC games where I can get into the setting. Black Flag was one of my favorite games of all time, simply because there's no truly good Pirate games and Black Flag nailed it. Still the only good Pirate game out there.

The Egyptian setting does have me slightly interested and I may give it a try down the road but I'm not sure. I would really be interested in a Trojan War/Greek kind of setting.

However I'm predicting the next one to be in Japan and I simply have no interest in that.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    They are PC, very old PC (I think Pool of Radiance was on NES also).

The game world is the same, though most of those games take place in a different part of the world. If I remember correctly, Gateway and Treasures of the Savage Frontier are the only ones which take place in the same region of the world as Baldur's Gate (unless you include Menzoberranzan, a game based around Drizzt, who primarily roams that area of the world).

As far as how they play, they are much different. Those games are turn based games and the graphics are exactly what you'd expect from a PC game in the late 80s and early 90s. However, the games are INCREDIBLY fun once you get the hang of what you're doing. I still play them from time to time.
    I may try to hunt them down. I do enjoy Baldur's Gate, but I prefer turn based strategy to real time, so these may be more to my liking.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    I may try to hunt them down. I do enjoy Baldur's Gate, but I prefer turn based strategy to real time, so these may be more to my liking.
    Are you at all familiar with DosBox?

Thread Information