Thread: Future NXT Callup Set For Major Push?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Future NXT Callup Set For Major Push?

https://www.prowrestling.com/lars-su...-wrestlemania/

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Sullivan was supposed to make his debut this past Monday night on RAW; more than likely in a dark match segment, which ended up being worked by fellow NXT call-ups EC3 and Lacey Evans. Apparently Sullivan either missed the tapings in Orlando entirely, or came in for the tapings and left early, due to what is believed to be severe anxiety.

Unfortunately, a situation like this couldnâ??t come at a worse time for the 30-year-old Superstar, as he was reportedly in line for a â??monster pushâ? upon making his WWE debut. So much so that it was believed that seeds were going to be planted at the Royal Rumble to set up a huge WrestleMania debut match against none other than 16-time world champion John Cena.
    If all this is true, then WWE clearly sees a lot of potential in Sullivan. It doesn't get much bigger than having your debut match against John Cena at WrestleMania.

Unfortunately just a few months ago, some controversial comments from Sullivan's past resurfaced. Here's one example:

Oh, youâ??re black? No wonder all you can do is copy and paste.
    If Sullivan is pushed as hard as Meltzer claims, this really isn't a good look for WWE.

What do you think about Sullivan potentially wrestling John Cena at WrestleMania? Not to be insensitive, but with his anxiety issues, could you trust him to wrestle Cena? What about his past comments?

2. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Cena's been larking about for years now and for somebody of his stature he's had a very poor Mania career. I'm not sure what facing him does for Lars.

And being racist shouldn't hold him back too much.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Unless they already have bigger plans for Drew McIntyre, I don't get why you'd put Lars in over Drew. I get wanting to push new guys, but McIntyre is on the cusp of superstardom and in need of a big program to put him on that next echelon. Lars has been good in NXT but I feel like the amount of momentum he can establish between now and Mania is limited.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Sullivan's future is up in the air. He's said to still be under contract, but he wasn't at Raw last night, according to reports. Basically, the guy suffered a major panic attack last week, couldn't work the dark match that would've marked his debut on the main roster and was sent home. I have a feeling this will put a kibosh on whatever push they might have been planning for Sullivan because what this does is immediately bring into question his reliability. What John Cena said on Raw during his promo last night about making WWE your whole life is pretty much true. You have to miss weddings, birthdays, funerals and pretty much sacrifice having a real personal life if you have ambitions towards being someone on Cena's level and this just doesn't look good for Sullivan.

Don't get me wrong, it's not Sullivan's fault as things like this can and do happen to people all the time. I don't know if he has a history of anxiety issues, if it was a first time thing, if it was a freak happening or what, but that doesn't really change anything if you're someone that the brass feels can't be counted on in high pressure situations.

As far as the racist comment goes, this is the first I've heard of it though that in and of itself certainly isn't good either. At one point or another, probably all of us have said something or made a joke that'd be considered racially insensitive without it representing how you actually feel, but the time and place for a white man being able to do that with people just brushing it off as nothing is gone, especially if it's something posted on social media where everything often gets blown up and made into a federal case anyway.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    According to some other reports that came out today, Sullivan was supposed to appear at some WWE events this past weekend but wasn't there and he hasn't been in contact with anyone from WWE. Apparently, he's not answering his phone, if these reports are accurate. So yeah, if this is true, then things are going from bad to full on shit sandwich in record time for Lars Sullivan.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

9. Likes mrluck_07, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    According to some other reports that came out today, Sullivan was supposed to appear at some WWE events this past weekend but wasn't there and he hasn't been in contact with anyone from WWE. Apparently, he's not answering his phone, if these reports are accurate. So yeah, if this is true, then things are going from bad to full on shit sandwich in record time for Lars Sullivan.
    I do not know this person and do not know much of the story, but have people done checks on him to make sure he's at least still alive? Because this post is essentially the reports we were getting about Chris Benoit back in 07.

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    In thus day and age you can't cut loose somebody like Lars now for the foreseeable. He's got a job for a while even if he no shows events.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    In thus day and age you can't cut loose somebody like Lars now for the foreseeable. He's got a job for a while even if he no shows events.
    Why not? No kind of mental illness should excuse being racist and homophobic.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What's the prevailing story: A racist Tweet (which I've only seen on here) or him having an anxiety attack and vanishing for a few days?

Thread Information