Banks vs Rousey

Smackdown Women's Championship
    Lynch vs Asuka

Cruiserweight Championship
    Itami vs Kalisto vs Tozawa vs Murphy

Tag Team Championship
    Shane/Miz vs The Bar (only real "meh)

And of course the Royal Rumble matches.

Really, I just wanted to take a moment to say this is the first time I can remember being more excited for a WWE PPV over the corresponding NXT TakeOver. I'm not expecting any real shockers, but these will be some fine matches!

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Rumble is my favorite PPV and its hard for me to not be excited for it. This week did a lot to bring my interest back as I haven't watched a full show in months. It looks to be a fairly cut and dry card as far as results go, but the actual Rumble winner seems up in the air, which I like.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I haven't seen much wrestling of late, but I always have loved the Rumble. I'll definitely be watching and I hope the matches are of good enough quality to not know the backstory.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Solid looking matches, and I'm thankful for Bar vs. Shane/Miz really. Every big event should have a breather to get snacks and stuff. Should be fun.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I haven't seen much wrestling of late, but I always have loved the Rumble. I'll definitely be watching and I hope the matches are of good enough quality to not know the backstory.
    I feel that the video packages they produce per match do a better service to the audience than watching twelve monthly hours of RAW. Lately, backstory feels redundant. Consdiering Balor; dude hasn't sniffed a midcard championship in about a year, yet in three minutes I'm sure they'll convince us that he's a threat to Lesnar. You might be better off enjoying the match than the rest of us.

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    I feel that the video packages they produce per match do a better service to the audience than watching twelve monthly hours of RAW. Lately, backstory feels redundant. Consdiering Balor; dude hasn't sniffed a midcard championship in about a year, yet in three minutes I'm sure they'll convince us that he's a threat to Lesnar. You might be better off enjoying the match than the rest of us.
    I kind of feel the same way about the promo packages. I can sit through 5 hours of Raw and Smackdown each week and get subpar writing and subpar wrestling or I can watch a 1 minute video and watch PPV caliber match.

It's not really that difficult of a decision. And from the reports about WWE ratings, I may not be the only one who feels that way.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If nothing else WWE knows how to do it's video packages.
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So Balor is facing Lesnar now?? Is it really because WWE is afraid of losing him to AEW? Is that also why they gave Lashley the Intercontinental Championship? If it's true, I already love AEW.

Anyways, can't wait for the Rumble. Even if I watch no wrestling for almost a year, I'll always tune in for the Rumble and 'Mania. Just hope Balor vs Brock isn't another Brock smash for the first 8 min, then we get about 5 min of the smaller, better wrestler fighting back, only for Brock to smash some more for the win. You know, like he did with AJ and D-Bry.

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Would Balor go to AEW? On the off chance he left WWE there's a top spot waiting for him back with the Bullet Club in Japan.

14. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Where Balor should go is to Smackdown. Programs with Samoa Joe, Styles, and D-Bry would be amazing. As would the matches. He would shine the most if he was on Smackdown. I know this is a Rumble thread, but is there any chance of a Charlotte Flair vs Rhonda Rousey main eventing 'Mania?

16. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information