Thread: The Revival Requests Release?

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Revival Requests Release?

via ringsidenews.com

Rumors popped up online today about The Revivalâ??s WWE status. Bodyslam.net asked around about them and reports that The Revival have asked for their WWE release.

This isnâ??t a huge surprise, but it might also make us wonder where they could be heading next. The Elite did use #FTR for a long time on Being The Elite and fans have often wondered what The Young Bucks vs The Revival would be like.

You never know what will happen next because WWE might not even grant their release. They held onto Neville forever before finally letting him go. We will let you know as soon as we hear anything else in this ongoing situation.
    While still a rumour, this one doesn't surprise me. The Revival got over in NXT due to extended tag team matches, which is simply time that they will not be regularly afforded on the main roster. As mentioned in the article, both Revival and the Young Bucks have had some fun taking cheap shots at one another, and with their perspective in-ring styles being as polar opposite as possible, Revival and Bucks could be the defining rivalry for both teams.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Request their release just in time for them to get a quick push before Mania. The best tag team in WWE vs. The best tag team in the universe, The Miz and Shane O'Mac.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I want to say this sucks if true, but I can't even muster that because they have been used so terribly since they got to Raw. I know a lot of NXT talent isn't booked as well once they get to the main roster, but The Revival have been awful. Unfunny comedy matches, fluke losses, being booked to lose like faces despite being heels. The timing of this being so close to AEW being announced does make me think WWE will pull the same stuff they did with Neville. I'm normally not one to pull this card, but I would welcome them getting a fresh start outside of WWE. Dudes wrestled one of the best matches I've ever seen against American Alpha at an NXT Live show a couple years ago, I want to be able to see that level of matches again.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    They've been two of the most talented and simultaneously misused guys brought up from NXT. When they first hit the main roster, things were going pretty good for them as they'd gotten a couple of wins over New Day in some competitive matches but then one of them was injured, I think it was Dash but I can't swear to it, and was on the shelf for a good 6 months. Not long after he was cleared and they came back but then Dawson, I think, suffered a torn biceps injury and he was on the shelf for a good 6 months.

While one could say that injury did halt their initial momentum, it's hard to believe that they'd have sustained it because you just got the feeling that these were two guys Vince would lose interest in almost immediately, if he really even had any in the first place. Dash & Dawson are two guys who thrived in NXT and could probably thrive in AEW, ROH, Impact or even New Japan. I think they'd thrive on the main roster as well if Vince, with some of his outdated perspectives, was no longer in charge and Triple H was. The Revival are "wrestling" guys who don't really fit in with Vince's sports entertainment mold.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    More rumours, via prowrestlingsheet this time;

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Mike and Maria Kannellis recently asked for WWE officials to release them from their contracts.

Sources tell us the Kanellis’ have been unhappy with the way they’ve been used in WWE for awhile and finally made the decision a few weeks ago to request their releases.

Mike Kanellis has also once again started selling new shirts on Pro Wrestling Tees.

Mike and Maria Kannellis signed with WWE in April of 2017 and debuted in June at Money in the Bank. Months later, Mike revealed he had been battling addiction and Maria announced she was pregnant. The duo weren’t used much on TV after that, until recently resurfacing on 205 Live.

According to CageMatch.net, Mike Kanellis wrestled on SmackDown Live a total of four times since signing with WWE. The rest of his appearances were largely relegated to Main Event and live events.

It's interesting that they're allegedly unhappy. During their time away they have been giving their employer very high praise for the care they've been afforded. I would not be surprised if more release requests get reported in the next few weeks.

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mike is extremely overrated though, well I guess he was. He was a decent in ring talent and okay on the mic, but Maria was always what got him over. I want him to get clean and if he is currently I hope he stays that way, but he was never given a chance in WWE, even if his talent was marginal.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Revival leaving the WWE will be beneficial for everyone. They'll probably get a better chance to showcase their talents, AEW/ROH/others will benefit from having them, WWE doesn't have to pay guys that they rarely use. They had a few good Takeover matches, but it is unlikely that they'll reach the level of New Day or Usos without promo skills.

As for Mike, can't really blame WWE here. Both of them were unavailable for most of their tenure and WWE paid for his rehab as well. I've never been overly impressed with him, maybe he can do better in another company.

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They haven't been misused. This is what happens when you have zero character in the WWE, the masses don't care about you and you're not worth being on TV. A few months after they're gone, people will forget all about them.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Between the pissing segments and other attempts at cringe comedy, I'll miss The Revival.

Thread Information