Thread: Two More WWE Stars Reportedly Requested Their Release

Two More WWE Stars Reportedly Requested Their Release

Only a few days after rumors began swirling about the Revival asking to be released, it's now being reported that Mike Bennett and his wife Maria Kanellis have asked WWE brass for their release. The reason given in the report is that they're simply unhappy with how they've been used for quite some time and asked for their release several weeks ago. They popped up in their debut at MITB in June 2017, had a brief program with Sami Zayn and have barely been seen on WWE TV whatsoever.

There might be some truth to this as, allegedly, Bennett has begun selling his own t-shirts via Pro Wrestling Tees and that's a big no-no if you're working for WWE. I was never overly impressed with Bennett even in ROH, he wasn't bad but he just never really struck me as someone who'd be more than a mid-card or tag team guy. Also, to be fair to WWE, Mike Bennett has spent his entire time in WWE recovering from drug addiction, including a sting in rehab that, if I'm not mistaken, WWE paid for, and Maria took time away due to being pregnant so it's not as if the two of them didn't have other important things on their plate. I also always felt that Maria was very much one of these women who just didn't fit in with WWE as it is now given that most of the attention is focused on women who can actually wrestle and that women's wrestling has become a very significant aspect of WWE's product. The same thing could be said about the Bella Twins but Maria doesn't have remotely the sort of pull with the company they do. It's not to say that she couldn't be a good valet, but WWE already has roles like that for Lana and Zelina Vega and Lana.

So yeah, they could be headed out for greener pastures, probably try their luck with AEW or head back to ROH.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't really care for Mike, but Maria will certainly be missed.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I forgot they were even on the roster.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There are more dynamic talents on 205 Live. Emasculated from the start, he should've known his gimmick wouldn't lead him to anywhere but Main Event.

Thread Information