Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Most Ridiculous Things Wrestling Fans Have Ever Said

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Wow man take a chill pill

I was able to find the interview that Daniel Pena did with Jeanie Clarke where she mentions that she and Steve were watching HBO and came across the story of Richard Kuklinski. It's the only verifiable evidence of that occurrence, and it was posted in 2015.

WhatCulture made the claim in two separate articles without any citation for either, sportskeeda did the same thing. Wikipedia notes that Richard Kuklinski inspired the gimmick, but cites that same article as proof of what was said in the article.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

Quote Originally Posted by Yer Maw View Post
    Wow man take a chill pill
    This is a very appropriate thread for sharing a thought like that. Take a bow Sir.
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I really doubt Kayfabe News is trying to fool anyone. In fact I may have been too generous with the word satire when parody is far more appropriate. Come look at some headlines with me;

Heroic Make-A-Wish kid requests that Cena replace Corbin at WrestleMania

Lesnar hopes nobody notices he lost the real Universal Championship

Nicholas to be inducted into WWE Hall of Fame

I could go on, but most of their articles this week are also poking fun at Corbin/Angle.

Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    I really doubt Kayfabe News is trying to fool anyone. In fact I may have been too generous with the word satire when parody is far more appropriate. Come look at some headlines with me;

Heroic Make-A-Wish kid requests that Cena replace Corbin at WrestleMania
    Click for Spoiler:

Lesnar hopes nobody notices he lost the real Universal Championship
    Click for Spoiler:

Nicholas to be inducted into WWE Hall of Fame
    Click for Spoiler:

I could go on, but most of their articles this week are also poking fun at Corbin/Angle.
    They're most definitely a parody, though I'd argue that that's accidental as I feel that they're a parody of a group of people who make an effort toward an actual purpose.

You really don't think that they're trying to be subtle and work a few of their articles into the mainstream? Where most sites that deliberately post false content in a serious manner have an extensive disclaimer that states something to the effect of "This site is satire, all articles are fiction", kayfabenews simply says "Unreal news about an unreal sport". Unreal, conversationally, has taken on a meaning of "awe inspiring" and doesn't directly convey that all articles are intentionally false.

There is a magazine out there called Prowrestling Illustrated, and it provides coverage from a kayfabe perspective. If it speculates that anything would likely happen, it does so based on serious research. It doesn't mock professional wrestling in any way, and it most certainly doesn't mock its fans.

Kayfabe news isn't news and I would hardly even call it kayfabe. It's just random nonsense based off of nothing except for the fever dreams of its staff. Reading a kayfabenews article is like listening to an out-of-touch sixth grader fake his way through a description of something that he knows nothing about but hates with a passion. It's like listening to a comedian deliver a long and boring setup to a joke, only to realize that he forgot the punchline and can't improvise to save his life. The word kayfabe implies that they're sharing information that would seem plausible to someone who is willingly immersed in the world that is prowrestling, it has nothing to do with a failed attempt at humor by implying that a sexist writer posted an article marginalizing the Women's World Championship match.

Kayfabe isn't when a bunch of losers chug GameFuel until they start to sound interesting to each other, it's when you take seriously the notion that Becky Lynch hurt her leg or that Bret and Owen hated each other.
    Last edited by EnviousDominous; 03-28-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by EnviousDominous View Post
    Want a good laugh, hop over to kayfabenews and read that ridiculous bullshit they throw up there. Right now they're running with a story that Robert Mueller's (unreleased) report regarding potential collusion between President Trump and Russia during the 2016 election stated that President Trump isn't fit to be a member of the WWE Hall of Fame. Now, I get it, kayfabenews is run by a group of man-childs (man-children?) that only post stupid shit like that because they get off on having random nobodies like me react to them in any way. Well, congratulations kayfabenews, you've proven to quite a few people that you literally have no purpose in this world and that nobody will ever take anything that you produce seriously.
    I am putting forward this as my answer to this thread.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They're most definitely a parody, though I'd argue that that's accidental as I feel that they're a parody of a group of people who make an effort toward an actual purpose.

You really don't think that they're trying to be subtle and work a few of their articles into the mainstream? Where most sites that deliberately post false content in a serious manner have an extensive disclaimer that states something to the effect of "This site is satire, all articles are fiction", kayfabenews simply says "Unreal news about an unreal sport". Unreal, conversationally, has taken on a meaning of "awe inspiring" and doesn't directly convey that all articles are intentionally false.

There is a magazine out there called Prowrestling Illustrated, and it provides coverage from a kayfabe perspective. If it speculates that anything would likely happen, it does so based on serious research. It doesn't mock professional wrestling in any way, and it most certainly doesn't mock its fans.

Kayfabe news isn't news and I would hardly even call it kayfabe. It's just random nonsense based off of nothing except for the fever dreams of its staff. Reading a kayfabenews article is like listening to an out-of-touch sixth grader fake his way through a description of something that he knows nothing about but hates with a passion. It's like listening to a comedian deliver a long and boring setup to a joke, only to realize that he forgot the punchline and can't improvise to save his life. The word kayfabe implies that they're sharing information that would seem plausible to someone who is willingly immersed in the world that is prowrestling, it has nothing to do with a failed attempt at humor by implying that a sexist writer posted an article marginalizing the Women's World Championship match.

Kayfabe isn't when a bunch of losers chug GameFuel until they start to sound interesting to each other, it's when you take seriously the notion that Becky Lynch hurt her leg or that Bret and Owen hated each other.
    Dude just stop

8. Likes smarkmouth, EnviousDominous liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I am putting forward this as my answer to this thread.
    I refuse to honor that statement with a response, I am the least ridiculous person on this forum.

This child would grow up to create kayfabenews.com

Click for Spoiler:

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I was able to find the interview that Daniel Pena did with Jeanie Clarke where she mentions that she and Steve were watching HBO and came across the story of Richard Kuklinski. It's the only verifiable evidence of that occurrence, and it was posted in 2015.

WhatCulture made the claim in two separate articles without any citation for either, sportskeeda did the same thing. Wikipedia notes that Richard Kuklinski inspired the gimmick, but cites that same article as proof of what was said in the article.
    Steve Austin. His own podcast. Probably a dozen times. It's what happened. This isn't up for any sort of debate.

Thread Information