Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch On the Road to WrestleMania

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    Cena vs Rock main evented at back to back Manias.
    becky hasn't faced ronda though.....
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    becky hasn't faced ronda though.....
    Yeah, and honestly I think that would be a fire match for SummerSlam, but at Mania, where casual fans are more important than any other show, you have to throw Charlotte in because Becky isn't as famous.

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
    Yeah, and honestly I think that would be a fire match for SummerSlam, but at Mania, where casual fans are more important than any other show, you have to throw Charlotte in because Becky isn't as famous.
    Charlotte has gotten famous by getting bunch of moments all involving around her. Becky needs this particular match to get even bigger as it's like the perfect time. Casual fans will obviously tune into just by the name of Ronda. And I also believe that Becky has gotten more known among the casual fans. She main evented the last PPV of 2018 and now won the Royal Rumble. That's a great exposure.

Adding Charlotte will only affect Becky in a negative way and not Ronda.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If they can squeeze another date out of Brock, put him and Ronda against Rollins and Lynch at Fastlane.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I would use all of Lesnar and Rousey's dates on getting them on the next series of Mixed Match Challenge.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
    Charlotte has gotten famous by getting bunch of moments all involving around her. Becky needs this particular match to get even bigger as it's like the perfect time. Casual fans will obviously tune into just by the name of Ronda. And I also believe that Becky has gotten more known among the casual fans. She main evented the last PPV of 2018 and now won the Royal Rumble. That's a great exposure.

Adding Charlotte will only affect Becky in a negative way and not Ronda.
    Shinsuke won the Royal Rumble and it didn't do much for him. And Charlotte got famous by being the best woman on the roster for a long time.

If they make it a triple threat and Becky overcomes both of them, then it makes Becky look even better.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Charlotte got famous by her last name. Nobody in the modern WWE has the star power to get into the main stream (for a combination of external and internal factors). The name Charlotte Flair pulls people in, not the ability of the person. Ronda is going to pull the casuals in, anybody that is not going to watch wrestlemania is not going to change their viewpoint because Charlotte is in over becky. This is their ONLY chance to make Becky the mainstream star she should be. And its not going to happen becuase of the external factors that you could argue about for hours

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    As far as I'm aware, most people consider Becky/Ronda to be their preferred match, but aren't exactly upset Charlotte's going to be in there, because of the points Yaz has expertly laid out through the thread. From WWE's perspective, it makes sense. Not to forget the fact that should it main event, it'd cement the legacies of both Charlotte and Becky as the first main female main eventers in the history of Mania (Ronda too, but she's Ronda bloody Rousey and already has the MMA legacy and mainstream appeal).

I think it's very telling that in this thread we've been largely talking about the female match, and that shows just how hot that aspect of WWE has become in the past 12 months especially. WWE do a lot of terrible things and are deeply misguided in many aspects, but the main event scenes of the women's division have been stellar for much of the last year.

Rollins/Lesnar is fine for me too as long as Rollins gets to slay the beast. They've done an admirable job of cementing him as the workhorse of RAW and the "best wrestler" on the brand via his IC title reigns and lengthy performances. Just... please have him beat Brock. A major issue in the absence of Roman Reigns is that because they invested so hard in Roman, they neglected everyone else and as such, we're in a situation whereby the gap between Brock and 99% of the rest of the roster as credible challengers is ludicrous. Rollins is currently in the 1% and should be the guy to take down Brock. The fact there's doubt should lead to a fun fight between the two... as long as the right guy wins.

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, Yaz, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Just to come at it from a different perspective, if you take Charlotte out of the Smackdown Womenâ??s Championship match, it becomes a complete throw away. Argue all you want about Charlotte vs. Beckyâ??s drawing power, but in the past few months, I might be able to think of 1 time Charlotte has been brought up outside of WWE. I can recall multiple times just in the past few weeks Becky has.

The point is, theyâ??re comparable at least. Asuka isnâ??t even in their atmosphere. So unless theyâ??re going to bring Nikki Bella back, Charlotteâ??s the only thing that would save that match.

14. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill
    Just to come at it from a different perspective, if you take Charlotte out of the Smackdown Womenâ??s Championship match, it becomes a complete throw away. Argue all you want about Charlotte vs. Beckyâ??s drawing power, but in the past few months, I might be able to think of 1 time Charlotte has been brought up outside of WWE. I can recall multiple times just in the past few weeks Becky has.

The point is, theyâ??re comparable at least. Asuka isnâ??t even in their atmosphere. So unless theyâ??re going to bring Nikki Bella back, Charlotteâ??s the only thing that would save that match.
    Charlotte's had more mainstream media spots. I'd prefer Rousey/Flair but the match being a triple threat is cool w/ me. One cool tidbit is that Flair would have the distinction of being the first child of a past WM headliner to headline WM.
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

Thread Information