Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch On the Road to WrestleMania

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The only reason Charlotte is going to be added to the Mania match is because WWE is terrified of making any history in women's wrestling without including her. She's the first woman (along with Sasha) to main event a PPV, she's tied with Trish for the most Women's title reigns in history, she was in the first Women's Hell in a Cell, she ended Asuka's record-breaking undefeated streak at Mania, she was the first Women's champion after the introduction of the new belt, and there's probably more accolades that I'm missing. The money match is Rousey/Becky right now, but I don't think there's any way in hell they have women main event Mania for the first time ever and not have Charlotte there.

In my view, Becky is on her Stone Cold run right now and though I don't really like using this word all that much, she deserves the spotlight of a one-on-one match with Ronda Rousey at Wrestlemania. If you want to make her a true face of the brand, then you put the attention solely on her. Adding Flair does not maximize Lynch's star potential; in the long-run, it will limit it. It would be like adding a third guy to the Austin/Michaels match at Mania 14, or the Warrior/Hogan match at Mania 6, or the Cena/JBL match at Mania 21. It takes away from the true person you're trying to build. I don't know, that's my view anyway, but I'll be shocked if they let women main event a Mania without Charlotte Flair.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I dunno. Charlotte wasn't in the first Rumble or Chamber. I think it's just a case of her being their favourite, marketable as Flair's daughter and she's who they want to lead the division for the next 5-10 years.

3. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    I dunno. Charlotte wasn't in the first Rumble or Chamber. I think it's just a case of her being their favourite, marketable as Flair's daughter and she's who they want to lead the division for the next 5-10 years.
    100%. But this still isn't her match.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
    That's because she was the champion on both the occasions. So goes any chance of being in Royal Rumble. And Smackdown didn't have any elimination chamber match where she could be in it.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information