Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dean Ambrose leaving WWE?

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dean Ambrose leaving WWE?

According to a new report from Wade Keller of PWTorch.com, who allegedly verified the story through three independent sources, Dean Ambrose will be finishing up with WWE when his contract expires in April. The 33-year-old star informed management, including Vince McMahon, of his decision to leave this weekend at the Royal Rumble.

Ambrose has been reportedly â??frustrated with the creative direction of his characterâ? for quite awhile now, and recently â??reached a breaking pointâ?. With his contract coming due he was recently offered a new deal that included a pay raise, but has opted not to renew as money isnâ??t the problem he has with sticking around.

Full article; https://www.prowrestling.com/report-...e-leaving-wwe/

If true, wow. Departure rumours are a dime a dozen right now, but Keller's a good source. If creative direction is important to Ambrose, then I'm not surprised he's unfulfilled in his current role. Big if true.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    He's an underutilised talent. Can't blame him. The way his heel turn was executed at such a moment, he should have been Ciampa like heel receiving mad heat. Heck, he would surely if it all happened in NXT. There's so depth to The Shield and still his heel turn was more about the city's smell than what it should have been. Ciampa and Gargano didn't have as deep history but NXT made full use of it and made Ciampa the top heel. I didn't think that Ciampa will be a long term NXT Champion while both of them worked wonders as a tag team. At a time where NXT is full of potential, Ciampa has been at the top which makes it even more impressive and shows how NXT can make stars.

Except those promos involving city smells, Ambrose has been delivering good promos and I still remember his promo battles with Cena. He can do it as he has shown by being better than both of his mates at talking. Wastage of talent in nutshell.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Good riddance to bad rubbish. I have never understood the appeal of Dean Ambrose. His promos are rarely better than decent, his matches are jealous of his promos. Losing Ambrose will not be losing much, in my opinion.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    He's been God-awful for a while now. He's lazy and it shows. You'd have to figure WWE would invest more heavily in him if he put forth some effort once in a while.

He even managed to drag Seth Rollins down to his level.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Really dug his promos during his WWE title run which gave some glimpses to how good he could be if properly motivated. Which was really the case with the guy most the time. It really felt like the company always had him going uphill on accident. Most notably with the Brock Lesnar angle. I can get why some people dislike him because when he feels unmotivated, it's very noticable with him and it has been very noticable since just after that match with The Miz on New Year's when he won the Intercontinental title. Maybe greener pastures can bring out the better side of him.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    I've read that Ambrose reportedly "hates hokey shit" and that does describe a lot of what he's been doing for much of his WWE run. We all know that Vince, on the other hand, loves hokey shit and turned Ambrose from the badass heel he looked like he was on his way to becoming into essentially another chicken shit heel who blames the crowd for everything. It's a character that often works, but I get why Ambrose is frustrated, even if he has been offered a new deal with, reportedly, a significant pay raise. Vince can often be unwilling to work with talent when it comes to the creative direction of their character, he believes he knows better than everyone and it's ultimately down to what he wants and I've no doubt that can wear a person down at times no matter what.

On the other hand, I can't feel too badly for him considering Ambrose has been one of the consistently biggest stars in WWE the entire time he's been there. He's been the subject of constant pushes resulting in WWE Championship, IC Championship, US Championship & Tag Team Championship runs, he's been involved in some of the top feuds in the company and made some significant money doing it.

Ambrose is only 33 years old, so don't be at all surprised to see him pop up in AEW. It's always possible he could wind up back in WWE before too long with a new deal that gives him some creative say so; after all, Vince doesn't seem to want to lose anybody and wants to sign as many good and/or significant talents as he can to keep them from working elsewhere.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Meh... Never understood the big deal about Ambrose. I never even noticed he was gone when off injured and I doubt I'll notice he's gone once he leaves.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sometimes a guy just doesn't fit the mold and that's what Ambrose is to me in WWE. I see it working out for both parties if he leaves. Can't imagine less hokeyness over in AEW but then again I can't imagine anything since it's an untested, still kinda being conceptualized, promotion.

I had a feeling we were coming to the end when he came out with a gasmasked posse.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
    He's an underutilised talent. Can't blame him. The way his heel turn was executed at such a moment, he should have been Ciampa like heel receiving mad heat. Heck, he would surely if it all happened in NXT. There's so depth to The Shield and still his heel turn was more about the city's smell than what it should have been. Ciampa and Gargano didn't have as deep history but NXT made full use of it and made Ciampa the top heel. I didn't think that Ciampa will be a long term NXT Champion while both of them worked wonders as a tag team. At a time where NXT is full of potential, Ciampa has been at the top which makes it even more impressive and shows how NXT can make stars.

Except those promos involving city smells, Ambrose has been delivering good promos and I still remember his promo battles with Cena. He can do it as he has shown by being better than both of his mates at talking. Wastage of talent in nutshell.
    This sums it up. Ambrose is very talented, but when Creative doesn't give you anything, there's nothing you can do. I'd be surprised if he leaves, but I don't know if I blame him.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That's cool. I'm a fan of Ambrose and there have been flashes of brilliance from him over the years that tell me that, with the proper character, he can be something unique if properly motivated. I'm not going to lie, I've pretty much hated his gimmick since his first feud with Rollins ended. You can just tell that this guy is made for a Roddy Piper/Stone Cold style character but they decided to stick him with this goofy-ass caricature of what a 4 year old thinks a lunatic is. Then when he turned, they gave him the most boring, generalized heel character they could think of. I don't really blame Ambrose for being unmotivated but, like Orton, it's really easy to tell when he's phoning it in and it seems like he has been for a few years now. A motivated Ambrose has always been extremely over and if they let him be what he wants to be as a character, I can see him being a great pick-up for another company.

Than again, this is all rumors at this point and I say there's about a 60% chance this is all bullshit anyway.

14. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information