Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jack Hammer is a homophobe

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thing is, as a mod, I couldn't infract him. I actually had to de-mod him TWICE and the "Warn" option still wasn't appearing. So, even if I wanted to give him a lighter punishment, I couldn't.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    My internet connection goes down for a few days and things go haywire.
    That's a lie because it showed you viewed the thread yesterday. We can see that on this forum.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    My internet connection goes down for a few days and things go haywire.

An anti-gay slur wasn't my intention and I apologize if that's what some inferred. To me, "dyke" is just a generic way to refer to all lesbians and it's probably something I picked up from my first cousin, Nicole. She came out when she was 16, she's 32 now, and she, her wife/spouse, and all their other friends frequently refer to themselves as "dykes."

She moved back from Ohio for her job, she's lived in Ohio for the last 10 years, so we really haven't had that much of a chance to talk as much as we used to the past several years. She got married to her partner of 7 years on New Year's Day and we were talking about this and that and she said a lot of her "dyke" friends were part of the wedding party and I remembered that I wanted to talk to her about it. It's somewhat obscure, I can't remember the last time I heard someone say it apart from her or her wife/spouse/partner, or whichever term you choose to use. I asked if that wasn't like the N word for lesbians and she said that not really as, since the 70s, the lesbian community has adopted the word as a means of describing women who're strong, assertive, ambitious, authoritative for women gay or straight or just as a general word for lesbians or lesbianism in and of itself.

I'm not homophobic and never will be. Again, I'm sorry if that's how it came across and it certainly wasn't my intention. When I saw this, I did a little research and while it's still considered a slur in some circles, it's not as widely seen that way anymore but, again, I screwed up and should have avoided the term altogether.

I do sincerely apologize, it wasn't my intention to slur the gay community. I don't hate gays, I'm not afraid of guys.
    The big part of it is how it was for the most part a rather pointless adjetive to add. Her character on television is not acknowledged as a lesbian so when you described her at such, it came off worse than it already was. As for the harshness of the punishment, as stated above, I actually HAD to take your status to do ANYTHING resembling a punishment and even then some.

I'm glad you apologized. For now, serve the suspension and then we'll see what we'll do.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    When I saw this, I did a little research and while it's still considered a slur in some circles, it's not as widely seen that way anymore but...

He actually said that.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyke_(slang)

We find the defendant, not guilty due to very weak evidence so far. Please proceed with better evidence to keep this trial going.
    He'll get the chair with your defense.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I honestly didn't even know Sonya Deville is gay lol, nor could I care less. I thought he was just referencing to Sonya being Mandy's big bad protector (the Diesel to her Shawn, so to speak), so I do see how the post could raise eyebrows now.

But I can't stand when people are labeled as "homophobic" or "racist" or "sexist" without real genuine solid proof. Those labels cause people to get fired from their jobs. Sure, a lot of times it's warranted. People are stupid on the internet and get what's coming to them when they troll the wrong person or say unbelievably offensive things.

However, to see someone use the word "dyke" and then create a thread labeling that person as homophobic with that being your only evidence when we've known the guy for 10 years and haven't once thought of him in any negative fashion is RIDICULOUS.

You could have just as easily brought attention to Jack's post without labeling him as a sure fire homophobic asshole, Lee. But no, you went right for the jugular and false narrative instead of trying to see what he really meant by it. Your intent with this thread was way more malicious than anything in Jack's post, and you're the one who should be apologizing next.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    *Grabs popcorn*

8. Likes Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt225 View Post
    I honestly didn't even know Sonya Deville is gay lol, nor could I care less. I thought he was just referencing to Sonya being Mandy's big bad protector (the Diesel to her Shawn, so to speak), so I do see how the post could raise eyebrows now.

But I can't stand when people are labeled as "homophobic" or "racist" or "sexist" without real genuine solid proof. Those labels cause people to get fired from their jobs. Sure, a lot of times it's warranted. People are stupid on the internet and get what's coming to them when they troll the wrong person or say unbelievably offensive things.

However, to see someone use the word "dyke" and then create a thread labeling that person as homophobic with that being your only evidence when we've known the guy for 10 years and haven't once thought of him in any negative fashion is RIDICULOUS.

You could have just as easily brought attention to Jack's post without labeling him as a sure fire homophobic asshole, Lee. But no, you went right for the jugular and false narrative instead of trying to see what he really meant by it. Your intent with this thread was way more malicious than anything in Jack's post, and you're the one who should be apologizing next.
    I should apologise because Jack Hammer called someone who is openly gay a dyke? Right dude.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I should apologise because Jack Hammer called someone who is openly gay a dyke? Right dude.
    How fucking dare you. Out here calling people homophobes because they make homophobic remarks.

Is there no low for you people?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    How fucking dare you. Out here calling people homophobes because they make homophobic remarks.

Is there no low for you people?
    I, for one, am outraged I was not called a Snowflake.

Thread Information