Thread: MD158 | #1 Contenders EurAsian Championship: Steston Hayes vs Callie Clark vs Xander

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

MD158 | #1 Contenders EurAsian Championship: Steston Hayes vs Callie Clark vs Xander

Some look to bounce back while others continue to grow. The Main Event of WZCW Meltdown 158 will pit the woman who retired Eve Taylor against the runner up of the Gold Rush tournament and the man that just barely had the EurAsian Championship they will now fight to challenge for in his fingertips.

Callie Clark, Xander and Stetson Hayes face each other in a 3 Way match to see who goes on to challenge the new EurAsian Champion Garth Black.

Meltdown 158 will emit from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, NV

Roleplay Deadline will be February 13. Extensions may vary.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

C A N C E L L E D

Stetson: Christ Almighty, first Gillette and now this!!

The cowboy paced his living room with a half-empty beer can in one hand.

Stetson: Can't even fart in an Olive Garden anymore without offendin' somebody. The fuck happened to this country...

Angela: Calm down, South. Who cares about a TV show when you lost a wrestling match?

Stetson: Obviously these people do.

He gestured at The Minutemen, a film crew that follows him around for his This Is Rasslin' reality show.

Cameraman: We err wanted to capture more soundbites and scenes in case you get picked up by the WZCW Network again.

Stetson: See? All fake outrage. Everyone from Sacramento to Savannah knows I'm the huckleberry over these persimmons. Rasslin fans want rasslers, and thas what I am. Shame this loud minority gotta ruin it for everybody else. Now I gotta Tweet an apology. Tweet!

Hayes stared up at the ceiling, mouthing something unintelligible. Dakota slunk quietly down the flight of stairs and headed for the door.

Stetson: Don't tell me you have a date.

Dakota: Uh, yeah. It's Valentine's Day.

Stetson: Here I am at war with whiny mouthbreathers and my son gonna go get his dick wet. What a day.

Dakota: Jesus. Can I go now?

Angela: Have fun hon. Someone in this house should.

Dakota: ...okay bye.

As their son left, Angela turned on Stetson. He took a swig.

Angela: We should go out and do something.

Stetson: Angie, the perk of being divorced is not having to do anything you want to do. Go hit up the geezers down at the VFW.

Angela: Dick. We both know I could land a guy that'll remember my name the night after.

Stetson: You're like Xander. Go by two names but only one is worth remembering.

Angela: Fuck you.

She stormed out of the den and slammed the door behind her. Finishing his beer, he went back into the kitchen. As he grabbed another cold one from the fridge, he glanced up at an old drawing Dakota made when he was eight. It was a crayon drawing of the Hayes Family out enjoying a rodeo. The horses looked more like dogs and the people were made of stick. Stetson popped the top and chugged.

He fumbled inside his pocket, and pulled out his cellphone. He typed in "TWITTER" within the search engine carefully with his thumbs.

Stetson: How the fuck does Callie Clark do this? How does any adult?

Satisfied, he shoved the mobile back into his pocket and gazed at The Minutemen.

Stetson: Scary times. Gotta walk on eggshells but I'll try and keep this civil. I ain't bout to run my mouth too much about Triple X or Callie Clark. They think they ready to fight Garth Black but as the last man to take him on, I'm tellin' y'all right now they ain't prepared. I came into the last pay per view undefeated, making folks tap out left and right. I made the Texas Cloverleaf sumthin' to fear again. Garth escaped with both set of legs still working. I respect that. He's a man's man minus the whole sober thing. Sobriety ain't a gimmick, kids. Neither is costuming. If y'all really gonna clown around might as well clown right.

He took another drink, and contemplated.

Stetson: Not that long ago I draped the American flag over the Eurasian Championship. Way I see it, that flag never left. Garth is carryin' around something I have a better claim to than anybody else in the back. There are two outlaws in this saloon, believe it. The rest're just gamblin'. I don't need a heart-to-heart with family or friends to drone on about what I need to do to beat the competition. I got true dye-in-the-wool Texas grit. I'm the closest thing rasslin' has to a rassler. I'm not ready to be put to pasture just yet. I'm ready to stand my ground and take out that Black sonovabitch. Are they?

He tipped his cowboy hat at the cameras and ventured outside.

Stetson: Pretty day. Something different about this place compared to the week before. Must be Spring.

Angela: Can we go get McDonalds or something? I'm fucking hungry, South.

The redneck saw his ex leaning against his pickup and sighed.

Stetson: Fine woman, but where we go gonna have a bar or else what's the damn point.

Angela: Always were a romantic.

Stetson: If we Valentinin we Valentinin the right way: you, me, few shots of Well Tequila, a garbage bag and a trailer park trampoline.

Angela: Long as you promise not to talk my ear off about who you're wrestling.

Stetson: Can't change who I am, Angie. Can't change who I am.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    #QueenStaysQueen

After Gold Rush: The Capital One Arena, Washington DC

I could not be happier, if being on cloud nine was feeling great, I was on freaking cloud eighteen! Not only did I beat Eve Taylor, AGAIN, and not only did I FINALLY beat her in a 1 on 1 match, but I sent that bitch packing into retirement! Oh life was good. I have to admit, there was one moment of shock when the ref counted to 3, a moment of realizing I did it, I vanquished Eve Taylor once and for all, and now there was no doubt about it, I am better than her. I had just finished showering and changing my clothes, when there was a knock on my locker room door. Surely someone wanting to shower me with praise for my amazing victory, but who? I opened the door, and found Stacey Madison, of course she wants an interview with me, I'm sure she had to fight everybody to get an interview with the most important person in the company right now.

Let me guess, you want an interview?

I smirked a cocky smirk, as Stacey looked annoyed by me, god jealously was so ugly on her, almost as much as the dress she was wearing.

More like I drew the short straw and got stuck with you.

The cattiness with this one! I watched as she entered my locker room without even getting permission from me, or me granting her the honor of interviewing me for that matter. But luckily for her I had plenty to say, so I let it go.

Oh please we both know that's a lie, after all I just retired the woman many considered the best woman to ever wrestle here, I mean they're wrong about that, I just proved who's better between us.

I flipped my hair arrogantly, as Stacey rolled her eyes.

You know as well as I do that I'm the interview everybody wants to get right now, hell my phone is already blowing up.

I looked at my phone, seeing a bunch of notifications from twitter and instagram, and simply smiled and put the phone down. I looked over at Stacey, who was also laughing. What did she find funny? Did she see herself in the mirror or something?

You really are basking in this aren't you? I mean you think you're a more important interview than the new World Champ? Or even the new Eurasian Champ? And sure you might have beat Eve, but that doesn't make you better than her, after all she did more than just win the Elite Title, which is all you've done. You might be an up and coming star, but you're not as good or as big as you think you are sweetie.

Who did she think she was? Talking down to me? She should feel lucky I'm not dropping her where she stands! But she seems like the lawsuit type, and my money is more important than punching her in the face.

Well sweetie,

I said in the most condescending tone possible.

First of all, I'm not just a former Elite Champion, I won it a record breaking 3 times, AND I was the first person to successfully defend it in how long? Years? All I need is your little bestie Eve's record for longest reign and there will never be a dispute over who the greatest Elite Champion of all time is. And nobody cares about Titus or Garth Black, they're old news, has beens, and if I was either of their opponents tonight, I would be the champion right now not them. Also there's nothing "up and coming" about me, I am a star already and just because I kicked your friend's ass tonight and you're salty about it doesn't mean you have any right to try and disrespect me.

I nodded my head in a "matter of fact" way.

Now, if you plan to be professional and interview me, you can stay. But if you're gonna keep being a little bitch you can leave and let the door hit you on the way to go tell your boss that you couldn't get your interview because of your attitude.

I crossed my arms waiting for an answer, I've never liked Stacey's attitude and it's one reason I barely talked to her before now. Hopefully now she'd know her place now. I could see the look of frustration on her face as she debated saying different things, before finally taking a deep breath before finally saying something a minute later.

You know what, fine. Whatever. Let's just get this over with shall we? I don't wanna spend more time with you than you wanna spend with me.

Fine.

I waited for her to set up as I looked through my phone, the praise for my amazing victory pouring in from my followers. Finally Stacey was set up and ready to go a minute or two later. As soon as the camera started recording, I saw the professional look come over the face of Stacey, hiding the bitterness that was there just minutes ago.

Ladies and Gentlemen I'm here with the woman who picked up a big win tonight, putting an end to the career of Eve Taylor in the process. Callie, how are you feeling right now after the grueling match and finally putting an end to your rivalry with Eve?

Oh I feel fantabulous right now! Ding dong the wicked witch is dead!

I laughed.

I know Eve was trying to hurt me out there and look what happened to her, taken out like the common trash she is! Now I can move onto bigger and better things.

Oh? What exactly do you mean by that?

Isn't it obvious? Championship gold duh! Weather it be getting back the Elite Championship, or going after a new championship, it's been wayyyy too long since I held gold and it's about time I get some back. So I'm putting every champion on notice, watch your back, I'm coming for you.

I smirked at the camera.

Well I guess we'll have to wait and see about that, but I'm sure everybody wants championship matches. Which champion would you want to challenge if you had your pick anyway?

I shrugged, of course I had my preference, I mean everybody wants to be the world champion right? But did the world need to know my preference? Nope. That's for me to know, and nobody to find out.

Any and all of them. I want all the gold, the first ever triple champion in the company! Imagine it Stacey, it's a beautiful image isn't it?

I grinned at the thought of having a championship over each shoulder and one around my waist, I would give anything to make that a reality. But I'm not dumb, I knew they would never let that happen, they don't realize that would make this company the most trending topic in the entire world. Shame.

If you say so, Well I think that's all the time we have for tonight, congratulations on your win Callie, I'm sure the WZCW universe will be excited to see what's coming next for you.

Of course they are hun, everybody is always watching and waiting for what I'm gonna do next.

I winked at the camera as it switched off, and within minutes of it turning off, Stacey left the room, see ya bye. I was on top of the world and I was going to celebrate, but this time maybe not with drinking too much at a bar.

A Week Later: Callie's Hotel Room, Las Vegas, Nevada

A week had gone by since I destroyed Eve and ended her career, and now I knew what was coming next for me, and it's just as I wanted, a chance to become a champion once again, this time the Eurasian Championship would soon be mine. Assuming of course, I get through Stetson Hayes and Xander. I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I've scouted them and I felt ready for them. For now though, I needed to relax and play some Mortal Kombat. I turned it on and began scrolling through the characters, finally settling on playing as my usual go to, Cassie Cage. She reminded me of myself, and not just because of having the same initials and blonde hair, but also because she was a total badass. Plus it was fun to play the good guy once in awhile.

Sid, what are you doing?

I looked over as I was waiting for the first fight to load, and saw Sid look up from whatever he was chewing on.

You don't need a napkin!

I got up quickly and took the napkin away from him, sitting back down on the bed and grabbing my PS4 controller. I chose to fight Erron Black for my first fight. He reminded me of Stetson Hayes, they were both cowboys after all. As the fight began, I got into a little trouble early, having not played for awhile I had forgotten some of the controls. Thankfully, I remembered them part way through and after a couple blocks, took control and hit a beautiful combo of moves, before eventually finishing him with my favorite fatality move in the entire game, slicing his jaw nearly off and snapping a selfie.

HA! VICTORYYY!

I watched all the comments on the post come in, they were always good for laugh. The jaw puns in particular were rather funny. Hearing me yell, Sid jumped up onto the bed and began nudging me with his nose, so I reached down to pet him before moving onto the next fight.

Ha if only I could do that to my opponents huh buddy? Especially Stetson, someone needs to shut that old man up about how wrestling was better back in the old days. If that was true everybody would be talking about him now, but they aren't. Maybe he'll learn the error in his ways when his old school ways can't keep up with me. After all as long as I avoid the Cloverleaf, he's got nothing. Isn't that right boy?

Sid barked in agreement as I continued to pet him, and roughhoused with him for a minute, before he gave up and decided to lay down at the foot of the bed. I played a few more fights after that against various competitors including Jason Voorhees, Leatherface, Sonya Blade, Sub Zero and Scorpion, I did lose to Sub Zero but I beat him in the rematch, nobody ever gets one over on Callie Clark and gets away with it, not in real life and not in video games. I had decided to do one more fight, this time selecting to play against Shinnok, the final boss of the game, he gave me a lot of trouble in the story mode, it took me a few tries to beat him, just like Eve Taylor. But even the ones who get a few wins over me, never stay undefeated against me.

Shinnok is probably as much of a bastard as Xander, not one bit of good in him and nobody likes him, nobody. Well except maybe his girlfriend, but that's probably more pity than anything else.

I laughed, I didn't know his girlfriend but what was to like there? He's rude, he's ugly and he's straight edge, so he doesn't even know how to have a good time with a couple drinks.

A former addict like him never truly changes, he's still got an addiction just now it's to hating everything and to whatever his beverage of choice is now. Just like every "former addict" ends up addicted to something else, just something less harmful so everybody praises them and says how good they're doing, it's pathetic.

I shook my head in disgust as the fight began, a back and forth match up, I never have been able to dominate against Shinnok, but after I beat him the first time in story mode, I had a pretty good record against him.

And then there's the fact he hates high flying moves now, but yet he still does them. What the hell kinda logic is that!? Besides if you're good at that type of wrestling, like I am, use it. Who cares who likes it? All that matters is winning and losing, and a high flyer who hates using high flying moves, is just asking to lose if you ask me.

I shrugged as I won the first round, onto round two.

Him and Stetson both bring a different type of challenge to this match, Stetson surely wants another shot at Garth Black but does he deserve it? No. In fact I bet the fans don't even wanna see it, I know I was bored by their match. And Xander? He just had a big opportunity, and he choked and lost to Kagura. But apparently the logic in this company is the person who won her Gold Rush match has to beat two losers from Gold Rush to become number one contender. Explain that logic.

I shook my head again, both at what I was saying and the fact I dropped round two, onto the final round, time to finish this off.

I will give Xander credit for one thing though, he's willing to do anything and everything it takes to win, I like that. That's what you need to succeed around here. But that also means I'll have to keep an eye on him, after all anything I can think of to do to cheat I'm sure will cross his mind too, but luckily there's no DQ in a triple threat, so I don't even have to worry about being caught. Plus I might need a weapon to cut Stetson down to size, after all it's not like I'm gonna be able to lift him.

I had Shinnok on the ropes, close to finishing him off when he busted out a combo of moves out of nowhere, this wasn't over just yet. I went into button mashing mode to try and get back in control.

Speaking of Stetson, how the hell did he get his own reality show before me? I mean seriously, I'm much more entertaining than him! I should make that a demand in my next contract, that would draw bigger ratings than Meltdown and Ascension combined! But instead they give the old cowboy jackass a chance to run his mouth, laaaaame.

Finally I defeated Shinnok, this time using Cassie's other fatality move with shooting my opponent to death, not as fun but effective none the less. After turning off the PS4 I came to a realization a couple minutes later, I still needed to figure out a cosplay for the week! I looked through the ones I had with me, not feeling like wearing any of them, then I thought of the game I was just playing, and got a new idea.

Hmm I wonder if I'd be able to get a Cassie Cage costume on short notice...let me make a call.

I picked up my phone, calling my go to costume maker. Normally I make my own but I'm a busy woman, I don't always have time to make all my amazing costumes! Thankfully my guy was already in town and would be able to hook me up, perfect. Now it was time to kick some ass and get myself another title match.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sometimes it isnâ??t enough.

Xander sat in the locker room, stoic, slumped back against the wall. Around him was the myriad of WZCW superstars who to him were all faceless. He had rarely cared for them. Tonight was not only no exception, but it was also a night where he cared even less.

The will to win. The desire to go further than others believe you can. To push yourself to a self-set goal that you believe will validate you, and make you the star you know you can be.

In the background he could hear the crowd reacting to the main event of Goldrush. A main event that in some alternate timeline he would be watching with a microscope in order to scope out the competition he would be facing with his hard-earned title shot. The key word being â??alternateâ??â?¦

You can do everything right. All the homework, all the mat-practice, all the gym work, you can research every move, every injury, every single thing that could give you an edge. You could head in with the perfect game plan that should, from a logical standpoint see you through with very little issueâ?¦

Xander zipped up his bag, disgusted and dejected. He slung it over his shoulder and, almost deliberately as loud as he possibly could like a petulant child, kicked the door open, and left as the other superstars of WZCW looked on.

â?¦and it still wonâ??t be enough.

���������� ���������� ���������� ��������.

WZCW.COM Announcement

We here on WZCW.com are delighted to announce a triple threat match with an excellent opportunity for three of WZCWâ??s best competitors.

On Meltdown 158 in Las Vegas, it will be Stetson Hayes, Callie Clark and Xander competing for a shot at the WZCW Eurasian Championship currently held by Garth Black.

With all three eager to chase down some WZCW gold, who will come out on top in this epic, three way clash???

â??Fuck that.â??

Xander threw his phone on the sofa, and threw his hands on top of his head as he stared out of the window, frustrated and angry. Goldrush had passed, but itâ??s scars remained as Meltdown 158 began to fast approach..

â??Babeâ?¦â??

â??Sorry, Iâ??m justâ?¦â?? the rage inside wouldnâ??t dissipate even as he tried to calm himself. â??What else am I supposed to do?â??

Talia walked slowly over to him, running her hands over his shoulders and gently massaging them.

â??I get it. I know how much this meant to you. Or at least, I know as much as I possibly could. And I get how big of a setback it is but this isnâ??t the end.â??

â??Sure as hell feels like it.â??

â??And itâ??s probably going to.â?? She turned Xander round and held his face in her hands. â??Itâ??s going to suck. Youâ??ve been here before and for whatever reason youâ??ve not been the one coming out on top. And who knows; maybe Kagura got lucky. Maybe she prepared just that little bit better than you. Maybe she reacted to the words you said about her far better than you could have ever imagined. I donâ??t know. But the fact is that she won, and she is now number one contender.â??

â??You suck at motivational speechesâ?¦â??

â??â?¦but just because she won doesnâ??t mean youâ??ll never get an opportunity. Far from it. Say she beats Titus and he fails to reclaim it. What happens then? She needs a challenger and who better than the man who she shares a one-all record with? And hell, even if Titus wins, you still hold a winning record against him and I highly doubt he will have forgotten that just because he traded one belt for the other.â??

â??â?¦okay, I wonâ??t lie, youâ??re starting to suck less.â??

â??My point is youâ??ll dig, scratch, and claw your way there. You always do and sooner or later the stars will be aligned for you.â??

â??I need more than the stars to align. I need to kick someoneâ??s ass.â??

â??Well youâ??ll have two punching bags to deal with when Meltdown rolls around.â??

â??Yeahâ?¦â?? Xander shook his head and looked down. â??I know my best move is to just carry on and win, but the last thing I need right now is a distraction. This is a pivotal point in my career. Iâ??ve had chances; I cant say I havenâ??t. Were they all fair? I donâ??t believe so but chances they were and Iâ??ve yet to take any of them. Thatâ??s on me, no matter what I want to say, and being put into a match for a lesser Championship is a clear message that the company no longer see me as that high a calibre wrestler.â??

â??Then you remind them. Remember, Xander. Everything happens for a reason.â??

â??Yeahâ?¦â?? Xander pulled Talia in and held her tightly in appreciation, but also apprehension. â??I just wish that reason was more apparent.â??

LATER THAT DAY

The noise of the door squeak reverberated around the Iron Academy as Xander made his way in. He walked over to the punchbags and stood there, smiling as he looked on upon his former trainer.

â??â?¦just please, all of you, get some more gym work in during your free time. A good chunk of you are damn talented but if your wind is gone five minutes in youâ??ll be screwed. Before youâ??ve got your breath back youâ??ll be either looking up at the lights after the refereeâ??s counted three or your hand will be sore from tapping.â??

Geoff Kingsley looked up from his group of newbies and caught Xanders eye.

â??Alright, you sorry lot. Get out of here. And remember, hit the gym, and hit it hard.â??

Kingsley walked over to Xander, checking his phone as he got there.

â??Did we reschedule the time?â??

â??Nah, training isnâ??t due for another hour and a half.â??

â??Then to what do I owe the pleasure?â??

â??Well, I wanna pick your endless amounts of advice.â??

â??Oh really-â??

â??I was going to come on your break but I didnâ??t think youâ??d have enough knowledge to fill that much time-

â??You little-â??

â??But, all joking aside, I could use you.â??

Kingsley smiled and nodded, and, one by one, the students filed out and left the two professionals alone.

â??They seem like a good group.â?? Xander said as the last one made their exit.

â??Mmm. A few slow ones. Some who think they know everything already. A few hotheads. Butâ?¦yeah, Iâ??m pretty happy with them. And I mean, itâ??s too early to tell but one or two might just win a World Championship at some poi-â??

Kingsley stopped in his tracks and turned to Xander, who had barely responded to the comment.

â??That wasnâ??t me being funny.â??

â??I know, man. Youâ??re jokes are way lousier.â??

Kingsley smiled and walked across to the ring, sitting on the apron. â??So I imagined youâ??re pissed, right?â??

â??Youâ??re damn right I am. I should be the number one contender right now. I did everything I needed to. I beat the best the company had to offer. I made Vega look like an afterthought and instead its not enough. Again.â??

The memory of Kagura thrusting her palms into his chest still raised his bloods temperature to unhealthy levels.

â??And, on top of that, Talia keeps trying, but she says things like â??Everything happens for a reasonâ? and shit similar to-â??

â??Well, it does.â??

Xander turned to face Kingsley; a confused look etched through the deep-seated anger that still remained.

â??Everything does happen for a reason, Xander. But while many people think itâ??s wishy-washy fate and the supernatural guiding us to that reason, itâ??s simple cause and effect. You didnâ??t win. You didnâ??t win because of a reason. Why?â??

â??I dunno. I-â??

â??Because you werenâ??t good enough. No secrets, no tricks, no mirrors, you just werenâ??t the man to get it done because you didnâ??t want it a much as she did.â??

â??You know, youâ??re as bad as Tal at these motivational speeches.â??

â??But itâ??s true, Xander. Itâ??s true and you need to decide how you get back to being the best. To being the superstar I know you can.â??

â??Yeah, well I wonâ??t do that that by wrestling for a lesser championship. And as good as Hayes and Clark are, they aren't who I'm looking to mix it up with.â??

â??No disrespect Xander but you need to take what you can get right now.â??

Kingsley hopped down from he apron.

â??And youâ??d be mindful over what you insult. Come over here, I wanna show you something.â??

Xander skulked over like a school child waiting for the biggest detention of his life towards the office of the gym. The desk had papers spread out across it and the bin was overflowing, but the walls were still full of photos and memorabilia. Inside, Kingsley rummaged around for a little while before pulling something out and laying it on the table. A Championship. Xander had never seen the particular belt before; it was old, scratched, beat up, a little on the small side, though he did note the United Kingdom flag on it.

â??This right here is the UKPW European Championship, and this is the belt I am the most proud of winning out of everything.â??

â??...okay, youâ??ve lost me.â??

â??I thought I might have. Kid, I loved my time in Headlock Pro. In my day, that was the company here Stateside. It was the one everyone watched. And while I never won the World Championship, I did win a number of other titles there. This beltâ?¦â?? he picked it up and ran his hand across the centre plate. â??I won four months before I retired.â??

â??â?¦you see, you keep talking and your case isnâ??t being helped here.â??

â??The point is; I know who used to hold this Championship. British legends of the sport. Legends like Billy Jones and Sam Sullivan. My idols. And here, in the twilight of my in-ring career, I was getting a shot at what I considered a very prestigious Championship, but I could have easily, very easily assumed, like you, that the Championship was nothing more than a piece of trash.â??

Kingsley placed the belt back onto the table and took a step closer to Xander, leaning on the desk.

â??Titus held that Eurasian belt for over two whole years. And in that time, in any way shape or form did he ever get considered to be any less than the best? No. Absolutely not. Because for as long as he held that Championship, the Eurasian Championship could have been considered the second World Championship. That belt youâ??re ragging on so hard was the one that main evented Kingdom Come. My question to you kid is this; why so reluctant to hold it?â??

Xander paused a moment, mulling over his thoughts. It was true; as much as he may not like him, Titusâ?? reign with the belt had elevated it; at times to a higher level that it had no right to be at.

â??The truth is, kid, you think back to your own reign with the belt and to how unimportant it was in the grand scheme of things. And you project that onto the championship.â??

Xanders mouth formed into a half smile as he mulled over yet another point. Yes, as he imagines himself twisting and spiralling through the air to land on both Rush and Mason Westhoff. But mere weeks after he lay there in the middle of the ring as Chris KO took the belt right back from him.

â??If this were the Elite Openweight Championship kid, you probably wouldnâ??t feel the same way.â??

Xander couldnâ??t argue. That belt he had defended at Kingdom Come. Heâ??d formed somewhat of an attachment to it as he had won it (off of Steven Holmes no less) so early into his WZCW tenure.

â??So you need to look at that Championship, and make in indispensable. You do that, youâ??ll be primed to get another chance at the World Championship a little further down the line, but the important thing is youâ??ll have done it.â??

â??And I just have to beat Hayes and Clark to do it.â??

â??Thatâ??s no easy feat-â??

â??Einstein, Iâ??m kidding.â?? Xander smiled, picking up the old, battered belt. â??I know how dangerous they are. Callie is a multi-time Elite Openweight Champion, and I know how tough you need to be to hold that title. Sheâ??s tough, fierce and dangerous. She can beat anyone on her best day and on top of that she ended the career of Eve Taylor. Forgetting about titles for just a second, that achievement alone makes her formidable.â??

â??And what of Hayes?â??

â??Stetson is still fairly new but he has his lay of the land and he knows what heâ??s doing. He has the potential to be a threat to anyone, but he's not there yet. I've dealt with folk similar to him before, and I can deal with him.â??

â??Oh, and you are?â??

â??I need to be.â??

Kingsley frowned. â??That isnâ??t the same thing.â??

â??No, it isnâ??t.â?? Xander placed the Championship back down again. â??But I need to do something, and as much as I hate to admit it you are right, you are. I need to look at the bigger picture. Winning gives us greater currency to move on and reach bigger things-â??

â??And thereâ??s no greater currency than other Championship titles.â??

Kingsley patted Xander on the shoulder.

â??Come on kid. About time we actually got some training in.â??

Kingsley left the office, leaving his former student to look intently into the plate of the old, beaten-up title belt. Xander felt a smile come across his face as he stared into it.

Past habits need to die. And I need to look at things differently. They want to put me in for the Eurasian Championship?

Fine.

Iâ??ll become the number one contender, win the damn belt and remind them what a Champion looks like.

Thread Information