Thread: AS 125 | Mikey Stormrage/Vega vs Matt Tastic/Annie Halloway

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

AS 125 | Mikey Stormrage/Vega vs Matt Tastic/Annie Halloway

Following Gold Rush, the rivalry between Matt Tastic and Mikey Stormrage seems to have gotten far more sour than expected. As Matt Tastic has taken the Mayhem Championship, Mikey still has no real answer as to why did his best friend betray him.

Now the two are pitted against each other again. Except now, they have new tag team partners in Vega and Annie Halloway who look to make up for lost time.

Ascension 125 will emit from the SAP Center in San Jose, CA

Roleplay Deadline will be February 13. Extensions may vary.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've been asking myself the same thing every day when I wake up.

"Am I a bad person?"

When I open my eyes, the guilt seems to weigh heavy on me. But then I see my surroundings. There's nothing. Just furniture in the room I occupy. Until I see it. On a counter. Or on a chair. The Mayhem Championship. When I see it, the guilt goes away. The weight leaves my shoulders. I find my answer.

"I am not a bad person. I am simply selfish. And I choose to admit it."

To many, the idea that I would be so honest makes them hate me. That I would do anything to advance my career. They just lie to themselves. That's the nature of pro wrestling. Doing anything to get ahead is how it's been done for decades. Why lie about it? Why paint myself as this "noble" hero when I'm not? No one is. Our business revolves about us fighting to take from others. So why is Mikey Stormrage so surprised that I took from him? He had two titles. A selfish action on his part. Now he just has one. He used to have two targets on his back. He still has one.

Following my victory over Mikey to become a historic 5 time Mayhem Champion, I opted to follow up on a previous discussion I had with Meltdown GM Becky Serra. So I visit her office again.

Becky: Congratulations, Matt. You're the first ever 5 time Champion of any kind and the only person to ever win 11 Championships. I hope you're happy.

Matt: Of course I'm happy. Winning a Championship validates me as a pro wrestler. I may have the biggest record of title wins ever but if I've learned anything chasing this title it's that as time goes on, people may catch up. I used to be the longest reigning Mayhem Champion. That record was broken over twice over. I'm now the only 5 time Mayhem Champion. I want to make sure it stays like that.

Becky: I heard you say that some time ago. I took it to the board of directors. Matt, they are on board with your decision.

When Becky said that, I was blown away. Never had I felt such acceptance from the higher ups of this company. I would gladly take advantage of it.

Matt: Great. Allow me to make the announcement.

Becky: Very well. But I'll be on Ascension. Meltdown is already full. Plus, you're scheduled to main event Ascension. Though, I don't think you'd like the match much.

Matt: And why's that?

Becky: It's you facing Mikey Stormrage.

Matt: Really now? I don't really hate that. Can we make this a title match?

Becky: Well....... no. There's a bit more to it. It's a tag team match. It's Mikey & Vega vs you and Annie Halloway.

Matt: Great. I gotta depend on that dumb girl. I've seen she's learned after our match a few weeks ago but........ you're right. I'm not too happy with that. I'll manage, though.

Just like that, I left. Not much to follow up on here. But in the hallway, I run into none other than WZCW CEO Vance Batemanand he offers a conversation.

Bateman: Ah. Matt Tastic. How are you? I've seen you've been doing great work lately. I'm not 100% keen on your idea regarding the Mayhem Championship but at the same time, you're right. People took it for granted and we ended up with a Double Champion.

Tastic: I'm glad you see things my way. I think its about time management started taking my input seriously.

Bateman: Well, you're one of our most tenured and successful Superstars and you've been nothing but reliable. When you're right, you're right. This situation had to be sorted out. If there's anything you need, don't be afraid to ask, Matt.

Tastic: Really now? Well, while I have you here then, I wanted to ask you something. See, I have a wrestling school.........

No selfless act is based on a subconscious selfish motive.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A Message From Your Dear Friend Ms. Annie Halloway:

Annie Halloway: Apologies for the briefness of this message, but I have been quite weary over business proceedings as of late and itâ??s left me with little time to address the followers of ATV.

Annie Halloway messes with her glasses slightly.

Annie Halloway: But since I am here, I may as well get down to business. As you may or may not have heard, I have been paired up with the hooligan of WZCW, Matt Tastic to take on Mikey Stormage and Vega in Ascensionâ??s main event.

Annie Halloway rolls her eyes, disgusted at the thought of having to team with him. She sighs to herself, trying to keep a professional manner.

Annie Halloway: While Matthew and I have had our...scrimmage. I am willing to put this aside for a common goal, destroying the duo of Mikey Stormage and Vega by any means necessary.

Annie Halloway smirks excitedly when she thinks about the potential damage she can cause against the two.

Annie Halloway: Mikey, I must admit, you are a clever man. You have built a legacy coasting off the man who made you famous and managed to transfer it to further your own career.

Annieâ??s impressed smile soon turns into a callous frown.

Annie Halloway: With that said, you are also a lucky man. Had I decided to take part in that open challenge over Dirk Buchanan, chances are the story wouldâ??ve ended quite differently. Especially if how your match with Matt turned out.

Annie furrows her eyebrows for a moment, placing a finger on her chin and thinking about her other opponent.

Annie Halloway: Now as for Vega...iâ??m not sure what to think of him. On one hand, he seems to have very few weaknesses and what weaknesses he does have, he tends to hide very easily. Either this is because the talent pool is so shallow or itâ??s because heâ??s that good.

Annie crosses her arms, appearing quite disappointed.

Annie Halloway: Thatâ??s quite disappointing. Iâ??d like to think everyone has a weakness of some kind. But if I had to harbor a guess as to what his ultimate achilles heel is...it would be his aggression. Thereâ??s only so much a person can do to cause violence before the tables are turned on them. And if Vega is feeling extra passionate about his fists...then perhaps itâ??s best we put the rabid man down before we fall under his disease.

Annie smiles pleasantly to her followers.

Annie Halloway: I understand itâ??s not much...but I refuse to let the ATV faithful or WZCW down. And despite our past, I will endorse my partner Matt Tastic and help ensure that our time together is one of prosperity. After all, itâ??s what ATV wants. Right? So onward friends. Onward to another victory not just for me or Matt Tastic, but for all of us members of ATV.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vega RP

"How can a man that proudly flaunts his deadly sins believe he can walk with Gods?" -Mikey Stormrage

---------------------------------------------------------------

Where is this guy?

We find Vega dressed in head to toe black and white compression running gear, running sneakers and running specific sunglasses while standing outside of a park in San Jose, Calidornia. The sun is shining, but Vega seems vexed. Exasperated, he stares at his watch, which doubles as a heart rate monitor, hoping his agitated gaze will help the situation. Vega's attention is drawn towards a feint noise in the distance. The sound of an irritatingly small motor running grows louder and louder. Vega's face slowly shifts from confusion to annoyance.

You've got to be kidding me.

Vega cringes as Mikey Stormrage sluggishly slides onto the scene riding in on a red Vespa Scooter. Mikey doesn't look like he could be any prouder as he sits a top his motorized scooter.

Look at ya! You look like a Nike commercial or somethin'.

Vega ignores Mikey's statement and stares at him with a baffled expression.

What the hell is this?

It's a Vespa!

I know it's a Vespa. I mean why-

Isn't it awesome!?

Vega shakes his head, however he himself isn't sure if he's shaking his head in disagreement or disbelief.

No. Vespas are not awesome.

No?

No. Definitely not.

It's Italian!

Vega lowers his head and face palms himself.

God dammit.

Seemingly oblivious to Vega's frustration, Mikey looks around admiring his Italian scooter.

The guy said this shade is called Candy Red.

The guy?

At the Vespa Store.

There's a Vespa Store?

Well where do you think people get Vespas?

I, uh-

And look!

Mikey points to a white basket on the front of his scooter.

I got them to add a custom basket.

Almost feeling defeated, Vega feels as if he's now obligated to humor Mikey.

Why the basket?

Mikey smiles even wider as he reaches in and pulls out a bag from Taco Bell.

For my food!

Vega simply shakes his head while Mikey rummages through his bag. He pulls out a Crunchwrap Supreme and puts the bag back in the basket.

We were supposed to meet up for a run.

Stormrage slaps the Vespa's handlebar.

That's what this is for, partner!

Mikey takes a big bite out of his cheesy Crunchwrap with a delighted smile plastered across his face. Vega looks on in disbelief wondering if he should disturb the wild boar while he feasts.

Seriously?

Mikey response is muffled by a mouth full of Taco Bell, but can still be understood... barely.

Oh, my bad.

He reaches into the bag and pulls out a second Crunchwrap Supreme.

Here's yours!

Vega lifts his hand up, palm out, stopping the Crunchwrap from getting any closer to him.

No thanks.

Stormrage shrugs as he tosses it back into his bag. Before he can even swallow his first bite, Mikey takes another two bites in succession. Realizing he still has some room in his mouth, he stuffs the final piece into his mouth. He makes some kind of noise, trying to communicate, but Vega can't understand a thing. Mikey makes the same noise again, only louder. Vega grows more puzzled than before.

I have no idea- you know what? It doesn't matter. Let's just go. You should have no problem keeping up.

Mikey responds with another Crunchwrap muffled noise and a thumbs up. Vega starts jogging at a healthy pace into the park. Stormrage revs up his Vespa and rides it along Vega while chomping down his Taco Bell. The odd pairing make their way around the park on this sunny afternoon. Mikey, having finally finished his mouthful, openly admires the weather.

Not bad for February, huh?

Guess so.

Yup. Beautiful day for a run in the park.

Vega looks over towards Mikey while keeping his eyes on the pavement every now and then. He chooses to ignore the fact that Stormrage considers what he's doing to be "running."

You seem to be in a good mood.

Why wouldn't I be?

Vega hesitates to state the obvious...

Am I supposed to ignore the parade of pink elephants in the room?

Ooh, the parade of pink elephants! I think that was in "Dumbo."

Instead of responding right away, Vega takes a couple of moments to control his breathing while picking up his pace. Mikey notices this and steps on the gas just a bit more to keep up.

You've had a rough couple of weeks as of late.

Ah, you mean Matt?

Of course, I mean Matt.

For the first time today, Mikey's smile seems forced.

Y'know, Vega... a human being's ability to compartmentalize is astounding.

Vega almost trips, not expecting such an insightful comment from Mikey.

I didn't take you as a man of thought.

Yeah... most people don't.

Stormrage's almost deadpan response peaks Vega's interest. Although his breathing rate increases, Vega can still maintain a conversation rather easily while keeping up an even faster pace than before.

Does that bother you?

Mikey shrugs.

I guess. Nobody likes being thought of as dumb.

I didn't mean-

It's alright. I've been fighting this fight the entire time I've been in this company, dude. I'm viewed as a gluttonous sloth. How can a man that proudly flaunts his deadly sins believe he can walk with Gods? Because that's what that ring is to me, man. Sometimes, that ring is heaven, even though I go through hell because of it. Compartmentalization, my athletic buddy. It's an amazing ability.

Vega doesn't respond right away. Instead, he allows Mikey's words to echo in his mind.

You know, I used to envy you.

The admission draws Vega's attention once again.

Me?

Oh yeah. Big time.

Why?

Mikey let's out a slightly sarcastic laugh.

I remember when you first showed up, Vega. Guys like Showtime and Barbosa were on top while guys like me, Matt, Titus, Constantine, Eve, Celeste, so on and so forth were all riding some of the greatest times of their careers. There were a lot of newcomers the learned quickly they didn't have what it took. But you? You won the Mayhem Championship so early on in your career, and then you... you just kept winning, and winning, and winning. Title defense after title defense. There was never any doubt about you, man. Everyone knew it, man... you uh-

Stormrage struggles to find the words.

I could walk with the Gods.

Emboldened, Vega's pace quickens. Mikey matches his speed with the Candy Paint Red Vespa, observing how much more laborious his "running" partner's breathing has gotten. The Italian scooter's motor has gotten louder, working harder to maintain this new speed. Mikey speaks up a bit louder to compensate for the noise.

Damn right you could... and I envied that.

Vega wipes his sweaty black & blonde hair away from his face revealing a perplexed look. He matches Stormrage's volume.

You're a Hall of Famer... a legend. Why would you envy me?

I didn't always have the accolades. You got to taste victory early on. I wasn't so fortunate when I started off in this company. Shit, there was a point where I was one of the biggest losers ever to step foot into this company. Meanwhile, you walk in and becomes the longest reigning Mayhem Champion of all-time like nothing.

Like nothing?

Yeah. Like nothing.

Those mayhem matches didn't feel like nothing. I lost years off my life defending that title.

Trust me, I know. I mean you made it look easy, that's all I'm trying to say.

Mikey shakes his head, frustrated in himself.

It just never came easy for me, dammit. Ever decision I made seemed to be the exact opposite of what I should have done. When the world needed me to go right, I'd go left. When it needed me up, I'd be down. It was never easy. But, I couldn't let it get me. I kept that part of me that wondered if I could walk with Gods separated from the real me. I had to. It was the only way I'd ever succeed.

Compartmentalization.

Exactly.

Vega check the heart rate monitor on his wrist while taking the time to think about what Mikey is saying. Stormrage rides along in silence for the moment, pondering his struggles in the past.

You know, someone like me... the things I've done in my life...

Mikey looks over to Vega, sensing a change in the tone of his voice.

You develop a sick ability to compartmentalize. It's bred from necessity. I have done some terrible things... made some terrible choices. I need to be able to put that part of my life away to succeed.

You can't run away from your past.

Vega shakes his head, displeased with Mikey's response.

But it doesn't mean you can't change.

Vega takes a deep inhale, breathing in as much air as he can before exhaling, giving him a bit livelier stride.

That's the plan.

Mikey looks down at Vega's feet, mesmerized at the quickness they're moving at. He looks back up at him as he runs gracefully at this high speed.

This new you, the running, the weights... this is part of you changing? This part of the "plan?"

Vega doesn't respond immediately. He recalls something that may help him answer Mikey. Vega breaths heavily every now and then, but is still able to maintain the conversation.

Do you know the fable of the lion and the gazelle?

Stormrage shakes his head.

Every morning, a gazelle wakes up. It know it must outrun the lion or it will be killed. Every morning, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve.

So... are you a lion, or a gazelle?

That's the thing... it doesn't matter whether you're the lion or the gazelle. Moral of the story?

Vega looks over towards Mikey, never breaking stride.

They both wake up running.

Mikey rides in silence, letting the moral of the fable sink in. Suddenly, Vega's running seems more purposeful than ever before.

We all may want to walk with Gods, but at some point in our lives we all find ourselves running for our survival. Right now, I'm running. And I see other people running, too. See, even though I beat Matt at R-Awakening, we couldn't be on more opposite sides of the spectrum at the moment. I was once the lion, now he's the one roaring. And he's roaring at you, Mikey. You gonna roar back?

Stormrage seems bothered by Vega's line of questioning.

You worried about my roar? All this talk about you wanting more... but where were you at Gold Rush? You could have been out there challenging me for the Elite Openweight Championship... but you didn't. I didn't even see you at the show. I was the one trying to defend two titles in one night. If you ask me... Vespa or no Vespa, I've been running this entire time while you've been struggling to stay on your feet as of late.

I should have been there.

Why weren't you then? It could have been Vega vs Stormrage. Instead-

I know.

Why didn't you take the opportunity.

I don't know. Losing to Xander, then to Callie and Eve...

There's no shame in losing to them. Only in not fighting.

Vega can't help but agree with Mikey.

Annie could have been in that ring at Gold Rush, too.

Annie Halloway...

Vega shakes his head.

She's like me...

Vega winces a bit, feeling the effects of a vigorous workout through the park.

She's running for survival... just like me.

At Ascension, you make sure she's the gazelle.

Laughter escapes Vega.

I came across a number of hackers through my past affiliations.

You mean when you were a government assassin!? Gnarly.

No. Not gnarly.

Gnarly.

Regardless, hackers could do a lot of things... but they could never hack a bullet. Annie Halloway has no idea what's coming. There's no code to input, no virus she can upload. She cannot avoid The Kill Shot.

Vega finally comes the a stop. Stormrage stops his Vespa right next to him wearing an excited look on his face.

Hell yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about! You got me all pumped up now...

Mikey reaches into his basket and pulls the other Crunchwrap Supreme from the Taco Bell bag. He opens it up...

I'm feeling motivated now! I'm going on a diet, starting now!

Mikey throws the Crunchwrap Supreme on the floor. Vega seems surprised as he breaths heavily, regaining his composure after a strenuous run. They both stare at the Taco Bell snack. Mikey looks to regret his decision, and quickly reaches for Crunchwrap.

5 second rule, 5 second rule!

He picks it up off the ground like a parent apologetically picking up a child after accidentally dropping it. Lovingly, Mikey takes a bite out of his salvaged Crunchwrap Supreme as Vega watches on disapprovingly.

This week, at Ascension... I'll watch your back. But trust me, Mikey... I'm done throwing away opportunities. One day, maybe real soon, I will be taking that Elite Openweight Championship away from you.

Mikey stops chewing mid bite. He stares at Vega, confused and defensive at this sudden animosity.

Because that's the difference between you and I, Mikey. You're okay just walking with the Gods. But me? I wanna slay them. So you keep indulging. Me? I aint done running.

Vega looks over his shoulder towards the long, winding, inviting road behind him before turning back towards Mikey.

In fact, I'm just getting started.

Vega turns around and starts running once again. This time, Mikey doesn't get on his Vespa. He doesn't rev up it's engine and doesn't ride beside Vega. Instead, Mikey looks at the food in his hand, barely chewing what's left of it in his mouth. Stormrage stares off in the distance, watching Vega leave him behind. He watches as his future tag team partner gets smaller and smaller the further he runs away, until the Elite Openweight Champion can't see him at all anymore. Mikey looks down at the Crunchwrap Supreme in his hand as the scene comes to a silent end.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I had no clue where he ran off to, but I knew we were meeting at 55 South later, so I headed that way.

I had spent a lot of time in Los Angeles and San Francisco in my career, but rarely did I venture that hour south in San Jose. Parts of the town reminded me of back in Puerto Rico, which was the last place I wanted to be. I needed to pay attention to traffic as this scooter wouldn't survive any sort of accident, so I tried to not let my mind wonder.

I scooted along, making my way to the bar, wondering why I had decided on a fucking Vespa as opposed to a rental. I know that I had put my Mercedes in storage, and I didn't even know if I would keep the SUV when I moved, knowing it was built more for off-road travel than city driving, but why oh why did I decide a scooter was better than a car.

The burner phone I had gotten kept giving me directions, and as I got closer I started to feel a little more at ease, knowing alcohol would be there to comfort me.

The last couple of weeks had been hell. I was still confused. Not about my feelings, I was secure in saying what I had said. I knew I felt what I felt for Matt and Katherine. I just didn't know why Matt had done what he did. Was he really so insecure that he needed to attack me? Did he really need some piece of gold to feel validated? I always knew that Matt had issues, but I never thought I would be on the receiving end of them. Maybe it was because of the way I acted around him. I'd probably never know, because when you ask him he would just spout off some metaphor that made almost no sense. Honestly, Matt rarely made sense, I think it was part of what drew me to him. He had a boyish quality about him often, like him trying to sound smart and wise was him trying to take a seat at the grown up table. Did I just admit to myself I thought I loved Matt because he was boyish? Was that pedophilia talking? Lord I hope not?

I was still apprehensive about how people would treat me now that I had outed myself. The interview with Jack Cohen had millions of views, one of the most viewed WZCW interviews of all time. Jack, to his credit, had approached me and thanked me and told me to not let anyone give me any shit over my sexual orientation. Jack Cohen going to bat for me was a huge boost to my confidence. It made me feel better about it all, even if he only came to my defense because he was getting mainstream attention as well, something he hadn't had much of in his own in ring career.

I arrived at 55 South and was surprised to see Vega was already seated at a booth in the corner of the room. I asked a nearby waitress to bring me two Crown and Colas. He had a glass of water in front of him, he took a small sip as I slid into the booth. I had to push the table toward him a bit to fit my frame.

"What are you drinking man, first one is on me."

I shook his head at me.

"I gave up drinking."

I opened my eyes at him a bit.

"You quit drinking? You sick?"

Vega laughed a little, it was weird seeing him display real emotion. Not the emotions of a stone cold killer.

"It brings up too many painful memories I wish I could forget."

I laughed back.

"I usually drink to forget those painful memories. Maybe you are sick."

We both laughed, and honestly it was refreshing. Just being away from Matt and around another person, it took my mind off of things.

"I wanna tell you a secret. You will love this. I've been expecting us to be opponents for a long time, ever since you were ruling the Mayhem Division with an iron fist. I was gonna come to the ring while crawling under a cardboard box."

Vega laughed.

"Ha, like Solid Snake?"

I shook my head as big as I could. The waitress brought my drinks and I quickly downed one as quickly as possible. She hadn't even had time to walk away before I ordered again.

"I'll take two rum and cokes, but make sure its Kraken and not some cheap house rum."

Vega shook his head again, this time almost in disbelief.

"You sure you don't want anything?"

"Thanks, but I'm positive."

I shrugged my shoulders before I started on my next drink.

"You know technically we could technically call this a strategy meeting and write it off as a business expense through the company. WZCW has paid a lot of tabs in their day. It's why they used to have an Alcohol Fund."

"It certainly seems like it. Half the roster seems to be an alcoholic."

He wasn't wrong.

"I want to ask you, how can you be so relaxed knowing you have to fight Matt?"

"Alcohol helps. Truth be told though, I'm nervous. I don't want to do it, but I know that just you and I sitting here is more cooperation than he and Annie will have. Tastic just doesn't trust people for one. Two, he is gonna try his best to prove he is better than me, so he will try to do too much. Three, Annie is going to want to prove herself, so its going to be a mess. We just gotta keep our heads."

I was finishing my second drink as my third was being delivered.

"I just hope you keep your head tonight."

"Being three sixty has its advantages. Like being able to handle more alcohol. Also helps me in the ring. How many guys do you know who can overpower me?"

Vega shrugged, he knew I was right.

"Honestly, for a man your size, you don't seem to tire easily. I mean you wrestled two matches and didn't look any worse for wear."

"I conserve energy by being as lazy as humanly possible most of the time."

Vega smiled, trying to hold back laughter.

"I'd call you an idiot savant, but I'm not sure you would know what savant is."

I pretended to ignore him as I drank more. He probably wasn't wrong.

I made one simple mistake, I drank on a (mostly) empty stomach. I should have finished that Crunchwrap. I was getting tipsy.

"I've been thinking about it. I think if we can isolate Matt, we can really get the upper hand. He seems like he has lost the heart he used to have."

I finished my drink and slammed down the glass.

"MATT TASTIC NEVER HAD NO HEART TO BEGIN WITH!"

A lot of patrons turned their attention to me. I looked around. If they only knew.

I grabbed Vega by the arm and stood up, using him to steady myself.

"C'mon, we are gonna karaoke."

Vega protested, but I dragged him with me. he was tiny, too small to offer any resistance.

I shoved him onto the stage and sauntered over to pick the song.

In the night I hear 'em talk, the coldest story ever told, somewhere far along the road he lost his soul, to a Matthew so heartless! How could he be so heartless? Oh, how could he be so heartless?

I got through the rest of the song and staggered back to my seat and started on my drink I didn't finish.

"You really are taking this pretty hard. Are you going to be okay?"

"I promise you Vega, my entire career people have doubted me. I was supposed to be the forgotten member of Strikeforce. Look at me now and repeat after me. HALL. OF. FAME."

I took another drink, my words slightly slurring at this point.

"Twelve men can say that, and two of them will be in this match. It isn't going to be easy, but never forget this. Matt Tastic never had a heart, but Mikey Stormrage has enough for both of them!"

It was at this point that I slammed another glass down, breaking it. Blood was dripping from my hand as a bouncer who was smaller than me stepped over and asked us to leave. I think he was intimidated by my size.

I grabbed Vega's shoulder and stood. I gave the bouncer a hug, because I had heard there were a lot of huggers in San Jose. I left the bar with Vega, mumbling about how we needed to find a new bar. I had more karaoke inside me.

Thread Information