Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumors On The First WWE HOF Inductees of 2019

Rumors On The First WWE HOF Inductees of 2019

The rumors going about today involve the original Hart Foundation, Bret "Hitman" Hart, Jim "the Anvil" Neidhart and their manager Jimmy Hart, being the first inductees into this year's WWE Hall of Fame class.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's not the version of the Hart Foundation that should be inducted. I think only two people on the planet care if The Anvil gets a spot.

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bret and Jimmy being 2 time inductees along with Flair should be a big deal. But, cynically, this is just a nod to The Anvil after his passing. Should be an emotional induction. Natalya will likely do the honours so...

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Bret and Jimmy being 2 time inductees along with Flair should be a big deal. But, cynically, this is just a nod to The Anvil after his passing. Should be an emotional induction. Natalya will likely do the honours so...
    Hopefully she doesn’t fart on stage

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm always down for a Bret Hart speech (he's awesome at it) and to see the greatest WWF Champion/Superstar ever be honored. The Hitman deserves all the pro wrestling accolades in the World while he's still with us.

9. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Meh. They deserve the spot, and Bret is one of the few worthy of multiple inductions. Its happening now because of Neidhart's passing, but its hard to argue that the Hart Foundation don't deserve a spot. As noted above, I kinda wish this was the faction incarnation with Owen, Pillman and Bulldog, but I get them wanting to put the focus on "The Anvil". I actually wouldn't be overly shocked if the put the Bulldogs in as well now that both Davey Boy and Dynamite Kid are gone too. It'd be a nice symmetry given their history.

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    WWE confirmed today that D-Generation X will be this year's HOF headliners. What's surprising is that it'll include all the members including Badass Billy Gunn, who's currently working for All Elite Wrestling, and Chyna.

Chyna doesn't come as much of a surprise now as it would have considering she's no longer alive to potentially cause WWE any further embarrassment due to associating with her. I guess this also means that Triple H has probably gotten over being falsely accused of being physically abusive to Chyna during their relationship, accusations that she later recanted but it still sucks to be falsely accused no matter how many times someone apologizes.

As for Billy Gunn, Vince doesn't usually go for including anyone if they're working for a company that could in any way be considered legit rival, which some are already saying AEW is because of the major financial backing of the Khans and the reported probability of a TV deal being announced before too long. I'm wondering if Triple H might've been able to use some of his influence with Vince to make this happen. After all, if you're going to induct DX as a group, then the only real way to do it is to induct the entire group seeing as how there were never a bunch of different members, as was the case with the Four Horsemen and the nWo.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I bet Bret Hart is deeply upset by this news.

15. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Richly deserved for D-Generation X, which in all it's incarnations was the best thing on WWE programming. I'm sure the other members of this year's class will have some outstanding contributions to this business, but I don't exactly see The Hart Foundation driving a freaking tank to WCW to end the Monday Night Wars in one fell swoop and launch the Attitude Era as we all know and love it today. Hopefully they can get Mike Tyson to attend, he was my favourite member.

Flames Out,
    MRC

17. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    DX is going in huh? Well, good, there's nothing quite so special as wrestlers getting in the Hall of Fame multiple times.

19. Likes mrluck_07, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information