Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moral Foundations Test

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaconBits View Post
    I am more of a centrist with slight right leanings than anything, and I honestly don't really care what this test declares I am. It is a pretty solid time waster on what is a hilariously slow day at work.

But seriously, answering the same questions the same way as I did the first time netted me a different result.
    That's fair enough. Considering how horrendous some of the political compasses are out there, (I'm a centrist with slight left leanings, and one test thought I was close to being a neo-nazi.) I like a test that tries to explain why someone might hold the views they do. It's why I'm interested in getting into psychology.

And that's bizarre. Maybe the results are shifted by aggregates from other people who take the test. Either way, I don't think that's a very good metric.

Your Scores:

Care - 97
    Fairness - 86
    Loyalty - 44
    Authority - 39
    Purity - 56
    Liberty - 56

Your strongest moral foundation is Care.
    Your morality is closest to that of a Left-Liberal.

Generally speaking, I'd say that's pretty much on the nose.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Seriously though, who doesn't care about some nasty fucker porking a niece doll?

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    Seriously though, who doesn't care about some nasty fucker porking a niece doll?
    Probably not the person who made this creepy thing.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My strongest moral foundation was liberty and I turned out to be a libertarian.

I'll try it again at some point and see if I get a different result. It's a way to kill time for me between projects.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I don't know if I took the right test. It said I was - INFP-
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

8. Likes Spidey, Fallout liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail View Post
    I don't know if I took the right test. It said I was - INFP-
    Join the club.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I dont really think moral tests can be broken down into simple i kinda agree with this, i kinda dont agree with this. Morality and ethics are complex issues that can have justifications either way. I'm currently taking a course in my degree on the principles of responsible business and part of it is looking at moral issues, the lecturer told the story of Bob Hawke running away from his marriage with his autobiographer once his term as prime minister of australia was over. Which is a terrible thing on the surface but I made the argument that by waiting until his political career was finished he spared his current wife at the time the displeasure of having to go through a very public divorce. Basically, I believe that at some level every action has a justification that people can understand at some point.

Any way I got told by the test that
    Your scores:
    Care 64%
    Loyalty 53%
    Fairness 69%
    Authority 36%
    Purity 61%
    Liberty 75%
    Your strongest moral foundation is Liberty.

Your morality is closest to that of a Conservative.

I completely disagree with this observation, loyalty and trust would be the single most important thing to me and I'm definitely not a conservative. I dont care about things like someone dating someone their friend said not to. Which would sound like I'm not loyal but that's not my definition of loyalty

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Did the test again.

Care 56%
    Loyalty 11%
    Fairness 72%
    Authority 22%
    Purity 42%
    Liberty 89%
    Your strongest moral foundation is Liberty.

Your morality is closest to that of a Libertarian.

Weird result. I'd say I'm definitely libertarian on certain social issues, such as freedom of speech, but economically, I support a mixed economy, with a "trident" strategy when it comes to public spending, prioritising healthcare, education and emergency services, such as the police. I'm surprised my care wasn't higher either, but it might have been because I was highly adverse to people using the law to punish others based upon their personal moral principles, which boosted my liberty score.

EDIT:
    Liberty: This foundation is related to the individual's need to be his own master and to avoid the dominant social mores imposed by the group. It underlies the virtues of independence and autonomy. It is tied to emotions such as self-sufficiency and defiance. Libertarians typically score the highest on this dimension, conservatives the second-highest, and left-liberals the lowest.
    This makes more sense. I'm extremely supportive of people forging their own path in life, as long as they do not infringe upon the rights of others. I also don't have issues speaking up against the norm to articulate my opinion when necessary (as some of you can attest to :P)
    Last edited by Fallout; 03-23-2018 at 06:04 AM.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Thread Information