Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tye Dillinger Requests His Release

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tye Dillinger Requests His Release

He's been stuck as a jobber/lower mid-carder since he was called up, which honestly isn't too surprising. His gimmick was never going to work on the main roster but was perfect for NXT, which makes you wonder why he was called up in the first place.

Rumors are he's interested in AEW.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    From my understanding his gimmick wasn't supposed to be as big as it became in NXT either. Dillinger was hired to be a competent hand who already understood the WWE system. The whole "10" schtick was much bigger than it was ever designed to be, so much so that it was worth trying on the main roster.

Wherever he ends up, I suspect he'll have good morale so long as he's used. Dude's clearly unhappy on the wrong side of the curtain.

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    I'm surprised it took him as long as it has. I mean, you just had to sense instinctively that Dillinger wasn't going to be a big deal in WWE and nobody spent more time in developmental in the history of the company than he did. He competed in OVW from 2006-2008 when OVW was the developmental farm for WWE, moved to FCW sometime in 2008 when it took over the role, made a few appearances in ECW and was gone. He spent the next roughly 4 years on the indie scene and then roughly another 4 in NXT. Being in WWE must've been some sort of dream of his as the message seemed pretty clear to me that he'd have probably been better off trying TNA or ROH as he might at least get used to some degree.

Dillinger turned 38 years old yesterday and wrestled his first match in March 2002 and probably trained a good 6 months, at least, before that, so the guy's a 17, 18 year veteran and probably the biggest accomplishment of his career was a 2.5 run as WWC World Tag Team Champion almost 10 years ago. My guess would be that he's probably accepted that he's never going to be a top tier guy at his age, though stranger things have happened, but also feels that he's a useful hand that has more to offer than just showing up to work and not being used.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

5. Likes mrluck_07, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Why not send him back down to NXT like he supposedly wanted? Not sure why you don't see more send downs if people wanted to work on their gimmick or whatnot.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    He's a solid hand for AEW to hire but I don't think he should be pushed any higher there than he currently is.

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If he gets hired by AEW he will be the most buff guy on the roster. Make him world champion day one.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Anyone else think Tye Dillinger is a bit shit? I mean you would think a guy that has effectively been in WWE Developmental for 13 years now would have developed anything outside basic arithmetic skills and a way to finagle a smoking hot Australian girlfriend. Things like personality, ability to have watchable matches, things of that nature. He'd be the least talented guy on the AEW if he were to sign, and at 38 years old you'd much rather find some kid in a bingo hall down the street that is equally as bland but can at least do a Canadian Destroyer onto the apron for half the price.

Flames Out,
    MRC

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantaur Rodeo Clown View Post
    Anyone else think Tye Dillinger is a bit shit? I mean you would think a guy that has effectively been in WWE Developmental for 13 years now would have developed anything outside basic arithmetic skills and a way to finagle a smoking hot Australian girlfriend. Things like personality, ability to have watchable matches, things of that nature. He'd be the least talented guy on the AEW if he were to sign, and at 38 years old you'd much rather find some kid in a bingo hall down the street that is equally as bland but can at least do a Canadian Destroyer onto the apron for half the price.

Flames Out,
    MRC
    Watch his promos on YouTube and his match against Bobby Roode at Takeover. He surely has the ability, just not the opportunity. Doing a Canadian Destroyer onto the apron won't mean anything if the audience isn't interested. People were interested in him but then he was rarely featured.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
    Watch his promos on YouTube and his match against Bobby Roode at Takeover.
    Great, he had a ***3/4 match. It's Takeover. Everyone has good matches at Takeover. Lars Sullivan has a 5 star match. I'd rather hire Lars Sullivan than Tye Dillinger.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantaur Rodeo Clown View Post
    Great, he had a ***3/4 match. It's Takeover. Everyone has good matches at Takeover. Lars Sullivan has a 5 star match. I'd rather hire Lars Sullivan than Tye Dillinger.
    He had that match because he was given an opportunity to do so. And yes, no issues if you'll hire Lars Sullivan over Tye Dillinger. My main point was that his promos and that match show how he is good enough. After not giving opportunities to him, you can't question his ability when he has proved it in the past.

15. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information