Thread: Who else would you like to see get a Main Event push?

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Who else would you like to see get a Main Event push?

Kofi Kingston's recent push to the Main Event has really ignited the spark of the underdog cheers that his opponent, Daniel Bryan once had in his Yes Movement. Who else would you like to see get some deserved time at the top?

Myself, it has to be Cesaro. He's been wrapped in the tag division for a long time and I think he's one of the best in-ring performers in WWE. His obvious downfall is his promo and a possible lack of a decent gimmick. I've wanted to see him vs Brock for awhile, or a one on one PPV Main Event with a serious push behind him.
    Last edited by Jeff Deliverer of Mail; 02-23-2019 at 07:19 PM.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Sami Zayn after he returns.

I'm hoping he'll one day beat Owens for the belt at WrestleMania

3. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post
    I wouldn't mind Cesaro getting the push, I just don't think it's likely to happen. Unless Vince's mind has changed in the years since he was on the podcast with SCSA and called out Cesaro by name as someone who doesn't have the goods, then I don't think it's likely and that's unfortunate.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Sami Zayn get a main event push either, though I have to admit that I'd prefer if happen on a more gradual scale than him just being in the spot almost instantly after he returns. Personally, I'd like to see Sami get a solid run as a mid-card champ, have some great matches, really silence any doubters that don't think he's got what it takes and then be moved up.

In time, I also certainly wouldn't mind Ciampa, Gargano, Black and Ricochet getting such a push. It's been said lots of times by lots of people that WWE's roster is jam packed with very talented people, it's just that there are so many of them and, more often than not, most of them are only being used a small fraction of their overall potential.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Randy Orton. His last title reign was cut far too short by Mahal, and he's still incredibly over and entertaining.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Kevin Owens. He was pushed to the main event and even had a good run with the Universal title. Nonetheless, WWE never used his full potential in my opinion.

Another one I would like is Drew McIntyre. WWE is keeping him safe for now but for how long? I believe the WWE universe is slowly forgetting how good he can be. He must be pushed to the main event.

My first choice however would be Kevin Owens. Because we're seeing the same faces in the Main event for quite a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Vee View Post
    Kevin Owens. He was pushed to the main event and even had a good run with the Universal title. Nonetheless, WWE never used his full potential in my opinion.

Another one I would like is Drew McIntyre. WWE is keeping him safe for now but for how long? I believe the WWE universe is slowly forgetting how good he can be. He must be pushed to the main event.

My first choice however would be Kevin Owens. Because we're seeing the same faces in the Main event for quite a few months.
    Allegedly, Drew McIntyre is supposed to get a huge push this year. If it happens, and I've little reason to think it won't, it'll be after WrestleMania.

As for Kevin Owens, the latest rumor is that he's the leading contender to face Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania for the WWE Championship. This partially stems from something he said during one of his update promos regarding something he was eating, I don't remember what he said, but it was essentially anathema to some of the various lectures Daniel Bryan has given over the past few months regarding what people eat. It wouldn't have bothered me one bit to see Kofi and Bryan at WrestleMania, they've demonstrated fantastic chemistry together and Bryan's someone who's all about making his opponents look god but, at the same time, I won't have any complaints if Owens turns out to be his opponent either. Truth is, it also wouldn't bother me if Bryan retains at WrestleMania as he's been killing it with his character. There are lots of interesting directions WWE can go with the WWE Championship over the next several months and having a lot of fun options is never a bad thing.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

9. Likes mrluck_07, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If Owens is the challenger, then that's disappointing. This needs to be Kofi's moment.

11. Likes Spidey, mrluck_07 liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    If Owens is the challenger, then that's disappointing. This needs to be Kofi's moment.
    As a KO fanboy, I agree with this statement.

For the sake of this thread, I have to gravitate towards Cesaro as well. He's not the most charismatic, but he genuinely connects to the audience through wrestling alone. That's an obstacle for writers, I'll admit, but when he wrestles the crowd absolutely gets invested, and I challenge anyone to disprove me. The whole Cesaro Section thing was organic and definitely should have been explored a little more. Last wrestler I can think of who connected to the audience just by having good wrestling matches was just a longer beard and a catchy chant away from the main event of WrestleMania 30.

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    As a KO fanboy, I agree with this statement.

For the sake of this thread, I have to gravitate towards Cesaro as well. He's not the most charismatic, but he genuinely connects to the audience through wrestling alone. That's an obstacle for writers, I'll admit, but when he wrestles the crowd absolutely gets invested, and I challenge anyone to disprove me. The whole Cesaro Section thing was organic and definitely should have been explored a little more. Last wrestler I can think of who connected to the audience just by having good wrestling matches was just a longer beard and a catchy chant away from the main event of WrestleMania 30.
    Cesaro Section, Rusev Day and there were countless number of organic reactions which were never explloited for good by WWE. If you think about organic heat, Roman Reign's heat post wrestlemania match against The Undertaker hadn't been used well either.

15. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    The WWE is in a very tired state. They've been experimenting with adding some people to the main event, but don't seem committed to changing the landscape completely.

I'd like to see Big E get a chance at the main spot. He's one of many performers who have been relegated to being one of the many "goof-balls" that the WWE has running around. I can't argue with anyone who scoffs at the idea of Big E getting up there, in that it's pretty difficult to just stop thinking of Big E as a guy who shakes his crotch and throws pancakes like a village idiot.

If Big E got the main spot, I'd write it as a slant to Kofi to make it interesting. Maybe Kofi wins the Money in the Bank briefcase, and Big E uses the Freebird rule to cash in on Kofi after he triumphantly wins the belt without the use of the briefcase. Something devious to take our minds off of his silly antics.

As long as Brock is running around, not a lot is going to move. It was fun to have Brock destroy the hopes and dreams of unwelcome heros like Goldberg and John Cena, but he's also destroyed the people that the status quo of smarkdom wanted to see defeat him.

I'd like to see a lot of worthy individuals achieve main event status, but I can't imagine it happening while Brock is the champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

17. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information