Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: RAW LD, March 4th 2019 - Attention Seeking

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think Ronda ran quick on her promo and Steph was forced to fill time at Gorilla.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    I think Ronda ran quick on her promo and Steph was forced to fill time at Gorilla.
    If so, they could've interviewed Charlotte.

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    This is exactly what happened.

And yes, they could have gone to Charlotte but in all fairness the opinion of the person who unvacated the championship and seemingly put her top star in serious jeopardy is actually a better option.

Chatlotte was a 1 question interview ("why didn't you get involved?") Whereas Stephanie could better fill the 3 minutes or so they needed.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

5. Likes smarkmouth liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Yeah, they could have interviewed Charlotte but Steph has a lot of stake in this match and in WWE, ergo can fill more time than Charlotte who only had stake in the match. Steph was the safer bet.

That being said, Steph said very forgettable, generic phrases when put in an ad lib scenario. I see why McMahon's favour scripted content.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    i just love women's triple threat title matches. Seriously, WWE doesn't do them enough! Wait, SummerSlam and TLC both had them. Ergh.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Monday Night Raw
    Date: March 4, 2019
    Commentators: Michael Cole, Corey Graves, Renee Young

It’s the go home show for Fastlane and since we only have four matches set for the show, you can expect to have a lot of matches announced for Sunday tonight. That’s not the best way to do things in the world but it’s the only way they can go given how little WWE seems to care about the show. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

At Least They're Trying

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    I enjoyed last night's show overall. The wrestling was pretty substandard, but I'm enjoying the storylines coming about. They're far more interesting than anything WWE was doing for WrestleMania last year and there at least seems to be a genuine effort going on here to build things up. I just think there's still too much emphasis on people like Baron Corbin, Nia Jax and Tamina as they're little more than dead weight dragging things down in my eyes.

Triple H's segment....I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I get where they were going and what they were going for, it's just difficult to see Triple H in the role of a highly grief, emotional, tearful guy considering what a scheming, sociopathic bastard he's portrayed over most of the last 20 years. Also, the whole thing about this not being about characters and not about selling something....again, I get what they were trying to do and part of me was into it while part of me just kind of rolled my eyes but, then again, maybe that's mostly the cynic in me. Still, they put out a genuinely solid effort and went about it in a way that makes the match between Triple H and Batista at WrestleMania come off as somewhat interesting. I care more about it than I did last week, which wasn't at all, so they're heading in the right direction.

The closing segment came off, for me, as a lot of fun. I would still prefer this simply be Becky vs. Ronda in a 1 on 1 outing but, again, they're going about things in a different way. Becky came off like the scrappy, fiery babyface she is, Charlotte was a scheming bitch and Rousey was simultaneously a badass and a whiny little bitch. If the intention was to turn fans against Rousey, then mission accomplished overall as she came off like an entitled elitist who's gotten used to having everything going her way and doesn't handle adversity very well. But, she's not a chicken shit, so that makes for a nice change of pace in regards to her coming off so entitled. Also, for me, there was too much Stephanie on the show last night; there's always been a dislikable quality about Stephanie that, for me, has nothing to do with her playing a heel. Maybe it does stem from that as she does a great job with her character and always has, but I will say that I'm extremely glad that WWE didn't go with the rumored story of basically having Steph and Ronda recreate the Stone Cold vs. Mr. McMahon rivalry.

Overall, I give last night's show a C, MAYBE a C+. Not exactly a stellar score considering it's WrestleMania season but you also have to take into account how much Raw sucked throughout most of last year, including during the WrestleMania build where so much was centered around Reigns vs. Lesnar, yet again. All in all though, it's a good score considering there really wasn't much wrestling content worth watching last night.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Thread Information