Thread: Tommaso Ciampa To Undergo Neck Surgery

Tommaso Ciampa To Undergo Neck Surgery

If the plan for NXT TakeOver: New York did involve Ciampa vs. Gargano for the NXT Championship one more time, it looks like those plans aren't going to happen. According to Dave Meltzer, Ciampa is scheduled to undergo neck surgery that, in Meltzer's report, says he could be out anywhere from 6 to 14 months. According to the report, Ciampa had been working through the injury but the pain has gotten much worse this week and putting the surgery off is no longer an option. If true then during the next set of tapings for NXT, I'd expect, Ciampa will vacate the NXT Championship and they'll just have to go from there.

This isn't exactly surprising since word came out that Ciampa was dealing with neck issues. It's always a shame when a wrestler has to get sidelined, but it's even more so when it's something as potentially serious as neck issues, the wrestler is doing great work and is in the middle of a great title run, which is the case with Ciampa as he's been wrestling's best heel for well over a year now, at least in my eyes. Ciampa will basically be put under a microscope by WWE as they don't screw around when it comes to cranial or cervical trauma; hell, it's entirely possible Ciampa's in-ring career in WWE could be over, depending on how severe the neck issues are and based on what WWE's own medical team says about it.
    Last edited by Jack-Hammer; 03-06-2019 at 03:29 PM.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information