Thread: WrestleMania 35 - Universal Champion Brock Lesnar versus Seth Rollins

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WrestleMania 35 - Universal Champion Brock Lesnar versus Seth Rollins

Unlike Raw's top women's programme, their male equivalent has had little build at all. Seth Rollins was the male competitor of the year on Raw (maybe all of WWE), having stellar matches and performances all throughout 2018. When Roman Reigns had to step away because of his leukemia diagnosis and Braun Strowman fell away, it became apparent he was the top good guy on the red brand; something that was confirmed via eliminating Strowman to win the Royal Rumble and Reigns' endorsement upon his return.

On the flip side, Brock Lesnar is Brock Lesnar. He's a beast who squashes and suplexes poor fools and holds the big jam belt known as the Universal title. So essentially this is Rollins' turn to run the gambit of trying to unseat Lesnar and ascend to top tier status as the guy in WWE. Time will tell if he can do it...

It has to be said that if WWE does run Kofi Kingston vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE title at Mania too, then at least one of the beloved babyfaces has got to lose. Three over, popular people winning big title matches in one night is kinda overkill and you just have to feel that someone isn't getting that moment and for me, that's Rollins. He's probably the coldest of the three and while he's earned this spot, I just can't see him vanquishing Lesnar, not when you have a fit, healthy and capable Reigns available now. The match is being overshadowed, and Rollins is too within the upper tier hierarchy of WWE stardom.

2. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post
    Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I honestly think it will be a very good match. Brock vs smaller guys seems to work out as Big vs Small is quite often way better than big vs big. Brock vs Braun was very bad, both times, probably why Braun is not in Seth's spot right now. But Brock vs Finn was downright thrilling because not only did he hang with Brock, he hit his big move at the end and had all The Balor fanbase on the edge of their seats in the crowd (plus as much as people bash Michael Cole, he really sold the late match urgency as well with good emotion). So even though a Mania Brock match has often disappointed in the past, I think this dynamic will work, no matter how much time they get.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

4. Likes mrluck_07, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Even though Lesnar technically beat Rollins at Battleground(?) many years ago, having him win here cleanly will make him "conquer" The Shield and set up the inevitable grudge match with Roman. I think whether this goes on last or not will kinda give the result away. There's no way Rollins beating Lesnar and saving the world from the big bad man doesn't end the show.

For the most part, the match has as much build as just about any other Lesnar match. Heyman comes on every so often to remind us how dominant Lesnar is, Lesnar shows up once in a while and delivers a beating to his opponent, his opponent is cast in the role of underdog, etc..

I'm just so bored with the Brock Lesnar formula for building matches, I'm also just bored with Brock Lesnar period. WWE has milked the Lesnar name for all they possibly can, LONG since milked it as a matter of fact, when it comes to Lesnar being champion and it needs to change, in my opinion. I miss the time in which Raw actually used to have a viable, stable and consistent main event title picture and WWE's gotten as much out of this thing with Lesnar as they're possibly going to.

As far as Roman Reigns goes, I'm glad that his leukemia is in remission, I'm glad that he's healthy but that doesn't mean that my views of him are just going to retroactively change. To me, the guy's still boring in many ways, I've no real interest in seeing him as a main event champion again and I damn sure don't want to see yet another lousy match between him and Brock Lesnar. If the overall plan is for WWE to just go back to sucking Roman Reigns off and forcing the rest of us, as viewers, to swallow, then no thanks.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rollins has been cold for months now. Demon Finn should probably be added to it.

It could be a decent match but it's naive to expect anything but the routine Lesnar match which is 80% chucking cunts about.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rollins needs to win the belt here. Lesnar has been champion FAR too long, and it's time for his reign to end.

10. Likes #AbsoluteUnit, mrluck_07, Jack-Hammer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I see Rollins taking it. WWE probably wants to avoid the disappointment this year.
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

Thread Information