Thread: WrestleMania 35 - Shane McMahon versus The Miz

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

WrestleMania 35 - Shane McMahon versus The Miz

Somehow this is the match with the most build on the SmackDown side of the card. The Miz made it to final of the WWE World Cup (even though it exclusively featured American's... I digress) but was injured and thus replaced by Shane who went on to win the gold at *shudder* Crown Jewel. This lead to a string of promos from Miz declaring himself and Shane as co-Best in the World while pleading for the senior McMahon spawn to form a tag team. Shane eventually accepted and the pair ultimately became tag team champions at the expense of The Bar at the Royal Rumble (there was also some nonsense about Miz's dad finally being proud of his son in spite of the fact he'd main evented WrestleMania before... again, I digress). All was well with the Co-Besties.

However, when they faced their first test as champion's, The Usos, Miz & McMahon lost their titles. Upon the rematch at Fastlane, taking place in Miz's hometown of Cleveland, they lost. Again. This was the last straw for Shane who turned on the "A-Lister", beating Miz down in front of his father. Then, this past week on SmackDown he went on a hell of an ego trip promo this past week on SmackDown, where he made this match and cemented himself as the villain of the piece.

This story has been bizarrely compelling. It's not Austin/McMahon or anything, but its been a fun feud to get Miz over as a babyface (and now Shane as a heel). This should be Miz's win and in turn should see him continue his return to main event programme's. There's probably a great return to his long burning feud with Bryan upcoming and this could be a great way to catapult us there.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It's been good so far but the problem is that we now get a Miz vs. Shane match and in what universe is that ever going to be a good match without any shortcuts. Shortcuts which are now the exclusive property of HHH vs. Batista.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    No reason they can't have 2 No DQ matches.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Ordinarily sure. But do you think Triple H wants a livelier no DQ to usurp his.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Miz vs Shane won't overshadow HHH vs Batista.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It took them 3 attempts to get HHH vs. Batista right 14 years ago and Triple H has his 'epic' match Achilles heel, so it's not out the realms of possibility.

I don't know if Vince thinks Shane is some big draw, if Shane himself thinks so, if it's mutual, if he keeps appearing in matches mostly because Vince wants him to or what but this match suffers from some of the same drawbacks as other Shane matches. Continuity is something Vince only gives a crap about when it's convenient, which has been a major flaw in Shane's matches because Shane looks so outmatched. Miz is another guy he's taking on who's won loads of championships and will be a Hall of Famer one day while Shane is a near 50 year old executive that they've tried to paint as some sort of tough guy since his return just because some of his workout routines include some MMA training.

With that being said, this could be fun provided that, like Trips vs. Batista, they don't have it overstay its welcome. This match doesn't have an "epic" feel to it, so don't try to force it into becoming one because it won't work and will only succeed in depleting energy from the crowd. Given 12 to 15 minutes, let 'em go in there and beat the hell out of each other, give Miz his win and let Shane disappear from in-ring competition until SummerSlam or Survivor Series....or call it a day on the in-ring thing altogether, which is my preference. I mean...shit, WWE's got a roster bloated with talent and ability, some of whom want to leave because they're ultimately not being used for...well for anything so God forbid they get used while Vince's 48 year old son who thinks he's still 25 get left on the sidelines.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

9. Likes mrluck_07, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information