Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Bella Twins Are Officially Retired

The Bella Twins Are Officially Retired

If I'm not mistaken, I read that Brie Bella already announced her in-ring retirement on one of this season's episodes of Total Bellas, which was probably filmed at least 3 months ago but she's retired all the same. According to reports, Nikki Bella announced her in-ring retirement on last night's episode. Brie and Nikki are both still young women at age 35 so it's not as if they're over the hill; Beth Phoenix was only about 31 or 32 when she hung it up and it looks like she's back, at least for a while. After all, retirement in pro wrestling doesn't necessarily mean "retirement" as I've little doubt WWE would welcome them back if they wanted to return or to wrestle every so often at big shows.

I think that Brie is less likely to return as she seems to be fully content with her career and being a mother, I've read rumors that she wants more children but take that for what it's worth, and lots of reports came out about her last run in regards to how embarrassed she was about it. Brie never really was exactly world class inside the ring, but her last run in WWE was the worst she's ever looked by far. The extremely weak, half hearted and botched suicide dives she tried to do just made her look incompetent and giving Liv Morgan a concussion certainly didn't help either. Nikki used to be pretty decent but it was obvious she wasn't really in great ring shape herself, she was better than Brie but that's like saying being in a vegetative state is living a full life.

In a few years, they'll wind up in the WWE Hall of Fame, WWE will have this whole marketing campaign about how they were pioneers, trailblazers for the Women's Evolution and all that sorta nonsense that hardly anyone will really buy into seeing as how they thrived during the Diva Era, but whatever.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What can you say about them that hasn't been said about everyone from their era? They looked great but weren't great in the ring. It was probably time for them to retire. I may be in the minority, but I'll miss them. (Ok admittedly only Nikki's entrance, but whatever)
    Last edited by BestSportsEntertainer; 03-25-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    They were significant contributors to WWE changing how the division was ran. Total Divas may not be some of us menfolk's cup of tea but we're kidding ourselves if it didn't help change the perception of women in the ring, at least for mainstream audiences. We roll our eyes at the buzzwords but by definition that's what trailblazers and pioneers are.

I mean boooo they were there when they were called divas, etc. etc.

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, Wildcat66 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Good riddance to bad rubbish. They were an embarrassment to women's wrestling. The beginning of their end was August 22, 2015 at NXT: Takeover Brooklyn when Trips announced they signed Japanese star, Kana. That night marked the change between the Divas and Women's wrestling. No longer would we have to suffer through the sick joke that was the "Divas" division. Every now and then, you get clowns like that southern woman who prances up and down the ramp like a whore in heat and not get in the ring. But, thankfully, those people are fewer in number. Bye, bye Bellas. Do not let the door hit you on your way out.

7. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Nobody ever retires in wrestling and they've been part time for almost half a decade anyway.

9. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post
    Isn't it weird how some people can retire comfortably without ever really doing anything significant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Well, you know, they did start the Women's Revolution.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by EnviousDominous View Post
    Isn't it weird how some people can retire comfortably without ever really doing anything significant?
    They got more eyes on WWE and bigger reactions than most of the other women, well, Nikki did anyway.

SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufferin' Succotash View Post
    They got more eyes on WWE and bigger reactions than most of the other women, well, Nikki did anyway.
    Those other women were even more shit.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufferin' Succotash View Post
    Absolutely. I understand why people dislike them, but not everything is for us.

Thread Information