Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Three Hour Blue Brand

A Three Hour Blue Brand

According to a report via Uncle Dave, there's talk that Fox may want to have SmackDown air for 3 hours when it makes its debut on Friday, October 4th this year. The idea, according to the report, is that they might air the first two hours from 8 to 10 on Fox and air the final hour on FS1. This is said to be something that Fox executives are talking about and isn't Vince's idea and that while it's by no means a done deal, such an arrangement could net WWE upwards of an additional $50 million per year so that's a definite incentive.

This sounds like a groan worthy situation but I think that depends a lot on the format of SmackDown. We've all read reports alleging that Fox wants SmackDown to be a much more serious, more sports like program and, if true, then that is something to consider. I think everyone is curious to see how such a format change would affect WWE and it might not be a bad thing if the additional time is filled with competitive matches and meaningful segments rather than pointless filler of the "sports entertainment" variety. WWE has hardly ever utilized the additional time of Raw wisely, in my opinion, but this could be a completely different situation as every report I've read says that Fox is going to be much more hands on than NBC Universal has been with WWE programming.

So yeah, take it for what it's worth but if Fox wants this to happen, it'll happen.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    No thank you very much.

4. Likes Spidey, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    There's already enough WWE in the week, to the point where I just don't hardly want to watch any of it.

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It doesn't matter the length of the show. How about the writers instead write some compelling and interesting story lines to keep people interested.

Edit: story lines = two words. Now I know.
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    WWE simply isn't good enough to keep me interested and watching for 6+ hours a week.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by #MrScissorsKick View Post
    It doesn't matter the length of the show. How about the writers instead write some compelling and interesting story lines to keep people interested.

Edit: story lines = two words. Now I know.
    If they can do this, the show won't feel three hours.

I'll share an unpopular opinion, I think Smackdown should be three hours. It tends to be the better show, but often times some top guys get left off. Imagine the current landscape of Smackdown, then add an hour of the Usos, Andrade, a re-energized Sanity, some occasional Hardy Boyz, potentially Black and Ricochet. You even have Mandy, Sonya, Naomi, and the potential for NXT call ups. I'm not saying there haven't been stupid filler stories, like the Mandy/Naomi/Jimmy Uso angle, but it seems like more often than not the stories on Smackdown flow better.

The way Raw, and to a lesser extent Smackdown, is set up, you can simply watch highlights and only tune in when you feel like it and not miss much, so I don't honestly mind this potential switch.

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Why would you want your premier match (the main event) taking place on a lesser network? This idea, as described, is stupid. You'd spend the entire time hyping up the TV audience for a match that will air on another network. The local stations will be disappointed you're telling the audience to change the channel. The Audience will be annoyed with having to change the channel, and having to DVR 2 programs instead of one. Speaking of which how are you gonna do it mid-show? The first time they need to change channel mid-match the TV audience will be furious.

If they want FS1 content after Smackdown, just put 205 Live on FS1 right afterwards. It's the most logical option.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    A 3 hour show with fewer entertainment parts? Good luck with that.

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    I'm sure that Vince would agree to much more idiotic ideas to reap some of that sweet network money.

October is still a long way away. If Vince goes with this, they'll probably expand the idea to have FS1 air nothing but Smackdown on Fridays. I'm not talking repeats, I'm talking a 24 hour continuous event where fans buy tickets for specific hours of the show. Superfans, like yours truly, will purchase the 24 hour option and drink 5-hour energies until our kidneys solidify if only to see as much of the amazing action that Smackdown is famous for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

15. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If the TV company paying you a billion dollars says you gotta do three hours, you do three hours.

Thread Information