A story I read about yesterday states that Sasha Banks tried to quit WWE after WrestleMania due to her unhappiness over dropping the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship to the IIconics. Reportedly, the decision to have the title change hands came about very late, so late that Banks and Bayley were only informed shortly before their match happened. Sasha was under the impression that she and Bayley were to have a long reign to help establish the championship as a serious element of the WWE and feels that the title is now going to be little more than a comedy prop since the IIconics are now champs. The report states that she actually did say she wanted to quit but was told to take a little time off to cool down and think about it before she reaches any sort of final decision.

I can see where Sasha is coming from. She and Bayley are alleged to be two of the strongest proponents for a women's tag championship and want to do their part in furthering the women's division in WWE. Taking the titles off them, two of the most over women on the roster, and putting it on who is essentially a comedy duo doesn't exactly send the message that the title is going to be used or treated well. If that's the case, then I don't see the point in it; sure, a few comedy runs happen to most championships sometimes but WWE's women's tag titles aren't even two months old yet.

At the same time, Sasha has a reputation for being something of a diva who pouts, complains and criticizes when she's not the center of attention. The fact that other women on the roster have gotten pushes to levels in which they're bigger stars that Sasha, such as Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair, Alexa Bliss, Asuka and a few others doesn't sit well with her. Truth be told, Sasha's prominence in WWE has definitely slipped since her big feud with Charlotte back in 2016. Reportedly, Vince isn't a huge fan of her, he doesn't hate her or anything but doesn't believe she's at the level of talent that she herself believes; also, allegedly, he's voiced grave concerns regarding Sasha's sometime sloppiness and carelessness towards her own well being in the ring.

If Sasha does quit, there are options for her though maybe few who can ultimately give her what she wants: to be a central female figure and make a lot of money doing it. Impact has a solid women's division, but there's not all that much money to be had. Stardom also has a strong roster but, again, it's highly unlikely they'd be able to afford Sasha since they couldn't afford Tennille Dashwood and Sasha's a vastly bigger star than she is. ROH's women's division flat out sucks, in my opinion, as it's ultimately little more than has been wrestlers or wrestlers we don't know much about as ROH doesn't do much to tell us about most of them; it's basically little more than random matches, most of which aren't very good anyway, and I don't think ROH could afford Sasha. That leaves AEW, who doesn't have a whole lot of women I've heard of but they've definitely got the finances to give Sasha what she wants, plus Sasha is someone who could help build the women's division. So if this is true and Sasha is quitting or is considering quitting WWE, then AEW is probably her best shot of getting the exposure, money and accolades she wants. After all, she just turned 27 a few months ago so she definitely as a whole lot of years left.