Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: The NXT Thread: It Must Breakk You

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: January 13, 2021
    Commentators: Nigel McGuinness, Beth Phoenix, Vic Joseph

We’re a little over a month away from Takeover and that means it is time to start putting things together. Last week’s show featured a stacked card with Finn Balor retaining the NXT Title over Kyle O’Reilly, meaning that he is going to need a new #1 contender. This week is also going to focus on the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

How To Do A First Round

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So..... I remember back in the day we used to change the thread name to involve a major storyline or major figure in some way. We did that with Velveteen Dream.

And it's still there.

Should we change it? And who do we commemorate with the thread title? UE? Pat McAfee? Kross?
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Point taken. Let's see......

5. Likes Storm Trooper liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: January 20, 2021
    Commentators: Beth Phoenix, Wade Barrett, Vic Joseph

We less than a month away from the next Takeover and that means it is time to start setting the stage. However, that does not exactly seem to be the case here, as the focus is going to be on both of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classics. Yes both of them, because we are going to have a women’s edition this year as well. Let’s get to it.

I Miss You

There were some genuine surprise endings in some of the Dusty Cup tag matches and that's not a bad thing. We don't often get the feeling that it's "anybody's game" when it comes to tournaments in WWE but the Dusty Cup this year does come off more like it's "anybody's game" this year than ever before. I didn't expect the Way or Imperium to be out of the tourney in the first round, and both were strong matches. Using the tag bout to further the Kushida vs. Gargano singles feud and match, that has to be upcoming, was the priority and I got no problem with that. As I alluded to, we got a good match out of it and the primary focus of the whole thing, Kushida vs. Gargano, gets moved along in a big way.

Lucha House Party is a fun team to watch, we just simply don't get to see much of what they can do as both these guys are typically used as jobbers on the "main roster." They made the clash of styles between Imperium and LHP work well and one of the favorites is out of the tourney in the first round.

Team Ninja going over Toni Storm and Mercedes Martinez wasn't something I expected either. While not as good as the men's tag bouts, it was solid and the finisher Kacy hit was insane. Io Shirai injecting herself to take Martinez out made sense, so there's probably your NXT Women's Championship match for TakeOver.

The Fight Pit was a lot of fun and I also really like that NXT isn't running the match into the ground. It's become something of a signature for Thatcher and it works. Basically, get two guys who don't mind working stiff and just have them beat the snot out of each other. I'd have really loved to have seen this go to the 20 minute mark but I get it, it's TV and time has to be managed properly and if there's anything the "main roster", Raw especially, can learn from NXT, it's how to use your time to get the most out of your product.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: January 27, 2021
    Commentators: Wade Barrett, Vic Joseph, Beth Phoenix

It’s still tournament time around here as the women’s Dusty Classic continues the first round but the men’s version heads on to the quarterfinals. I’m still not sure if this is the best idea in the world as these tournaments are dominating the show, but maybe the action is going to be enough to carry the show. Let’s get to it.

Too Much Of A Perfectly Adequate Thing

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Be interesting to see what Edge will be doing tonight.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That Edge promo has gotten my attention for sure. I would love it if Edge decided to make his Rumble win into an NXT title match. I would really love a Finn vs Edge but wouldn’t be mad at a Edge vs Pete match either.
    Last edited by Awesome_Miz; 02-03-2021 at 07:24 PM.
    The Day Wrestling Got Too Real

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: February 3, 2021
    Commentators: Wade Barrett, Beth Phoenix, Vic Joseph

It’s still tournament time because that’s what we’re doing around here at the moment. Tonight we have more tournament matches, but we also have an appearance from Edge, who has never been on this show before. I’m not sure what he is going to do, but the star power alone is worth a look. Let’s get to it.

The Great Match Always Helps

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Are the people in the "crowd" at NXT actual fans?

Thread Information