Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: The NXT Thread: It Must Breakk You

Gargano vs. Cole III has been officially announced for TakeOver: Toronto II. The rubber match will be a 2 out of 3 falls match in which Gargano and Cole each pick a stipulation for the first two falls while William Regal, if the match goes past the first two falls, will pick the stipulation for the third fall.

Their matches at the last two TakeOver events have been fantastic, legitimate MOTY contenders no matter which way you slice it and I've little doubt the third match will be as well. Now, this match will almost certainly go all three falls though it's also possible NXT might throw a bit of a curve and have the winner take two straight falls but it's unlikely; not as unlikely as the sun not coming up tomorrow but pretty damn close.

In any event, I think Cole will retain here and we'll soon see Johnny Gargano finally make his way to the main roster. It'll definitely be bitter sweet as Gargano has been the heart & soul of NXT for a long while and has set standards of excellence for the black & gold brand. On the main roster, Gargano will have an opportunity to perform on a much bigger stage and bank some serious money but with the main roster's creative process being more of a crapshoot than it's ever been, there's a real chance we won't see anything from Gargano remotely approach the greatness we've seen from him in NXT; that's something that's been more common with NXT call ups the last few years.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    SCF Fantasy draft Mod 'Ravishing' Ned Flanders's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    On the main roster Gargano is fucked. They can't showcase the people there now outside of the same few.

Cole has a better shot on the main roster if one of them has to be called up.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: July 24, 2019
    Commentators: Mauro Ranallo, Nigel McGuinness, Beth Phoenix

The rapid build towards Toronto continues and you can see most of the card already set up from here. The NXT Title match is going to be rather gimmicky and that could make for some fun. Other than that, it seems to be a show heavily focused on the Undisputed Era, which could be a good or bad idea. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

Keeping Up With The Englishes

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Milenko
    On the main roster Gargano is fucked. They can't showcase the people there now outside of the same few.

Cole has a better shot on the main roster if one of them has to be called up.
    Much better shot! He's got mic skills and personality along w/ the in-ring ability.
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: July 31, 2019

With less than two weeks to go before the next Takeover, it really feels like this show has snuck up on us. The show should be fun, but it hasn’t had the most amount of time to build up. Last week’s major announcement saw Pete Dunne added to the North American Title scene though and that’s never a bad thing. Let’s get to it.

When It's Said And Dunne

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: August 7, 2019
    Commentators: Nigel McGuinness, Mauro Ranallo, Beth Phoenix

It’s the go home show for Takeover: Toronto, which is probably the weakest Takeover they’ve done in a long time. The show is likely to be good, though I’m not exactly sure how interesting it’s going to be. We still have this show to help with the build though and they’ve pulled off some great final pushes before. Let’s get to it.

There Is More To Wrestling Than Wrestling

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: August 14, 2019
    Commentators: Nigel McGuinness, Mauro Ranallo, Beth Phoenix

It’s one of those unique fallout shows tonight as we deal with everything from Takeover: Toronto. This time around though we have another big match on the docket with the finals of the Breakout Tournament. This one hasn’t had the best results so far but maybe the finals can make up for it a bit. Let’s get to it.

I'll Have The Usual

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    I think NXT should move Shayna on from Mia. I just don't think Mia is all that special, certainly not remotely as much as I've seen her hyped to be, and their title match at TakeOver: Toronto has to be among the worst Women's Championship matches in NXT history. It was decent but the bar has been raised quite high, as has been the case for TakeOver events, and this match didn't belong. The problem is that there really isn't anyone to challenge her right now among the babyfaces; Candice LeRae is a possibility but she needs to put together a solid string of high profile wins and her last match, which was her first ever TakeOver match, saw her put in a great effort, but a losing effort, against Io Shirai.

Maybe Baszler vs. Yim II will be better, we can only hope as it looks like that's where we're heading before long.

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: August 21, 2019

So in a bit of a surprise, this is the start of the last of the one hour taping cycles. It’s also the start of the fallout from Takeover: Toronto and that means things could be in for a shakeup as we move towards Takeover: WarGames III, which is likely to feature Undisputed Era again. That’s not a bad thing as they’re becoming the Horsemen of NXT, but now they need opponents. Let’s get to it.

The Last Time

16. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    As with AEW on TNT, you have to expect NXT will have a loaded s how for it's USA debut. With access to so many different wrestlers from its own brand, Raw, SmackDown and NXT UK, there's potentially endless scenarios that could come about.

However, just out of curiosity, what do YOU think should be the main event for NXT's USA Network debut episode? NXT has gone the old school way, and the proper way in my opinion, of establishing a hierarchy as far as championships go so I think it'd seem only logical, not to mention sending the right message, to have Adam Cole defend the NXT Championship against a top level talent. The episodes of Raw and SmackDown before NXT could be used to announce and get some hype/build for the upcoming match by featuring Cole and his opponent on both programs.

Conan Of Cimmeria

18. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information