Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The NXT Thread: It Must Breakk You

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    WWE has officially released the brackets for the Dusty Rhodes Classic.
    Click for Spoiler:

No surprise teams or strange-bedfellows, which is a little disappointing. Knowing only Orcan/Burch or Moustache Mountain can advance hurts. Interesting choice to put last year's finals as a first round match this year.

2. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Click for Spoiler:
    Very interesting bracket. I think we get Moustache Mountain vs TM61 and Sanity vs Heavy Machinery, with TM61 vs Sanity as the finals.

4. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by noahconstrictor View Post
    Click for Spoiler:
    Very interesting bracket. I think we get Moustache Mountain vs TM61 and Sanity vs Heavy Machinery, with TM61 vs Sanity as the finals.
    Click for Spoiler:
    Sanity is sure for the finals. But I can't really see TM 61 beating Authors Of Pain.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
    Click for Spoiler:
    Sanity is sure for the finals. But I can't really see TM 61 beating Authors Of Pain.
    Click for Spoiler:
    The only reason I think they'll win is that they've been pushing their return pretty damn hard, and giving them a definitive win over a top team will work well. Plus, with AoP, they just need a jobber squash or two and they're good to go.

7. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    WWE has officially released the brackets for the Dusty Rhodes Classic.
    Click for Spoiler:

No surprise teams or strange-bedfellows, which is a little disappointing. Knowing only Orcan/Burch or Moustache Mountain can advance hurts. Interesting choice to put last year's finals as a first round match this year.
    Just so Barbosa absolutely, positively cannot, under any circumstances, see the spoiler that I'm about to comment on, I am mercilessly, ruthlessly padding out this post. Just-- just padding the absolute fuck out of it. Surely nothing after this point will be readable on the main page, will it? Surely I have gone well past the point of no return. No going back now. Here goes. Spoilers. Spoilerinos.

Click for Spoiler:
    Heavy Machinery versus Street Profits in the first round? My heart breaks at having to say goodbye to one of those teams - let's face it, probably Heavy Machinery - so early. Woe is me.

9. Likes Барбоса, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    An updated graphic swaps the bottom left match with the top right. That makes my own hope for the semi finals a little more interesting.

11. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: March 7, 2018
    Commentators: Nigel McGuinness, Mauro Ranallo, Percy Watson

It’s tournament time! Just in case two tournaments going on at the same time wasn’t enough, tonight we start the third Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. This time, the winners will be challenging for the NXT Tag Team Titles at Takeover: New Orleans. Other than that we need to start building to the rest of that show so let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

Ain't That A Kick Of The Head

13. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    With the announcement at WWE.com a few minutes ago regarding a new title coming to NXT, TakeOver: New Orleans is already looking to be a great show. The final card should look something like this:

NXT Championship - Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Aleister Black
    NXT North American Championship Ladder Match - Ethan Carter III vs. Velveteen Dream vs. Ricochet vs. Adam Cole vs. Lars Sullivan vs. Killian Dane
    NXT Women's Championship - Ember Moon vs. Shayna Baszler
    Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Finals for the NXT Tag Team Championship
    Singles Match - Johnny Gargano vs. Tomasso Ciampa

There are rumors that Bobby Fish will undergo surgery for a knee injury he suffered recently at a house show. If so, and given that Cole is in the NXT North American Championship ladder match, it the UE will most likely vacate the titles and the finals of the tourney will be for the titles themselves.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

15. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    How do you think they're going to write Johnny into TakeOver? After last night's show, I wonder of Tomasso is going to demand Regal bring him back for one more match. (And when he loses, he's going to blame it on Regal.)

17. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I get the distinct feeling they'll do a segment though not a match between Gargano and Ciampa - they're not going to want to overshadow Black's crowning moment (Almas is moving up after Mania I'd guess) and it'd be poetic for the thing to run through until the next Chicago Takeover, given that's where it started. Also, the ending of the angle is Johnny winning, right? Then surely they'll let Ciampa get even more of an upper hand/be more of an utter bastard in the lead up to the match.

I wouldn't be shocked is War Machine got the big debut showcase spot to fill out the typical five match card.

19. Likes smarkmouth, ShinChan liked this post

Thread Information