Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The NXT Thread: It Must Breakk You

Senior Member Black Anaconda Vise's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So during Axxes, there are 4 different tournaments going on for a shot at the NXT Tag Team, womenâ??s, and North American Championships, as well as the UK championship.

Thereâ??s also two pretty interesting inter promotional matches that are going to happen...

Click for Spoiler:
    KASSIUS OHNO VS KEITH LEE AND KASSIUS OHNO VS WALTER!!!

2. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Triple H revealed the new North American Championship in a short video on YouTube:

Odd looking title frankly - like a hybrid of the Cruiserweight Championship and RAW Tag Team Championships and the end result is a title that looks more at home on a boxer than a wrestler. Very old school. I'm sure it'll grow on me.

4. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: April 4, 2018
    Commentators: Mauro Ranallo, Nigel McGuinness, Percy Watson

It’s the final show before the big night in New Orleans and as usual, things continue to change around here. Last week saw the announcement of the six man ladder match for the North American Title and this week we have the finals of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. Things are picking up at the right time so let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

NXT Needs a Hero

6. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If you haven't seen it, please go back and watch the Cruiserweight Classic episode with Gargano vs Ciampa. Before the match they are interviewed face to face. I don't know if the foreshadowing is intentional, but it's there! Hell of a match, too.

8. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I've already seen it, and I would refresh myself, but I'm worried I might spoil my appetite.

10. Likes smarkmouth, ShinChan liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FunKay View Post
    Triple H revealed the new North American Championship in a short video on YouTube:

Odd looking title frankly - like a hybrid of the Cruiserweight Championship and RAW Tag Team Championships and the end result is a title that looks more at home on a boxer than a wrestler. Very old school. I'm sure it'll grow on me.
    When you look at the symmetry, or lack thereof, it is reminiscent of a boxing championship belt, now that you mention it. Triple H seems to have a broad stance when it comes to the looks of championships in that he likes to try combining old school designs with those that are more modern or outside the box. The NXT Tag Team Championships are updates on the original design, the NXT and NXT Women's Championships definitely were influenced by the Big Gold Belt but kept the NXT center plate design similar to the original title, the Cruiserweight Championship incorporates the main roster style side plates while having an old school globe grid featured on the center plate while the CW Tag Team Championships are rumored to have much the same.

There are much better pics of it available at WWE.com and the title's already starting to grow on me.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

12. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Was last night a turning point for NXT?

We all knew the stakes going into Gargano vs Ciampa. Had Gargano lost, he'd be banished from NXT for good. Kind of a silly stake when you take it at face value. "Loser leaves town" means very little when WWE has four brands that that function as their own program. But look a little closer. Johnny was fighting for his NXT position. Vis a vis, Johnny was fighting to stay in the "developmental" brand and not "get called up" to Raw, Smackdown or 205Live.

I think those quotation marked phrases are now obsolete.

To a degree I think many of us sensed that to be true, but Johnny fighting to stay on the yellow brand validates that. This could have easily been a straight up grudge match. Johnny never had to forfeit his NXT career in the first place. Why raise the stakes in a match that NXT diehards were chomping at the bit to see without the extra bells and whistles? The fact that they tacted this stipulation on tells us something, doesn't it?

14. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Takeover: New Orleans
    Date: April 7, 2018
    Commentators: Mauro Ranallo, Nigel McGuinness, Percy Watson

As is so often the case with Takeover, the card for this show looks incredible. As isn’t so often the case with Takeover, Wrestlemania looks very good as well. I don’t remember the last time WWE outdid NXT but maybe that can be the case tonight. You know, assuming NXT falls apart at one of these for the first time ever. Let’s get to it.

I Don't Believe It

16. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    I read a little while ago that King Dave awarded 5 star ratings to the NXT North American Championship ladder match and the "unsanctioned" Johnny Gargano vs. Tomasso Ciampa match. These two bookended NXT TakeOver: New Orleans last Saturday and these two matches in particular have been constantly talked about. The build to the ladder match wasn't anything to write home about but the match itself was a wild, chaotic spectacle that's easily the best ladder match in quite some time. Gargano vs. Ciampa just had everything any sane fan could want in terms of action, storytelling, psychology and drama.

This marks the 2nd and 3rd times NXT has garnered 5 stars from Meltzer, with the 1st being Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Johnny Gargano from TakeOver: Philadelphia this past January, and this is the first WWE event to ever have more than 1 on the same card. If this keeps up, people might think Meltzer's love affair with New Japan is on the rocks as he's only given them a couple of 5 star ratings in 2018 thus far.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

18. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    I read a little while ago that King Dave awarded 5 star ratings to the NXT North American Championship ladder match and the "unsanctioned" Johnny Gargano vs. Tomasso Ciampa match. These two bookended NXT TakeOver: New Orleans last Saturday and these two matches in particular have been constantly talked about. The build to the ladder match wasn't anything to write home about but the match itself was a wild, chaotic spectacle that's easily the best ladder match in quite some time. Gargano vs. Ciampa just had everything any sane fan could want in terms of action, storytelling, psychology and drama.

This marks the 2nd and 3rd times NXT has garnered 5 stars from Meltzer, with the 1st being Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Johnny Gargano from TakeOver: Philadelphia this past January, and this is the first WWE event to ever have more than 1 on the same card. If this keeps up, people might think Meltzer's love affair with New Japan is on the rocks as he's only given them a couple of 5 star ratings in 2018 thus far.
    Both NXT and NJPW Have 3. In 2018.

Thread Information