Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The NXT Thread: It Must Breakk You

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    Gargano climbs up onto the apron only for Ciampa to knock him off, causing him to slam into Candice and come down on top of her onto the steel ramp way. Personally, I'd have preferred it if Ciampa had started smiling this sick smile at what'd happened rather than adopting the expression that maybe he'd gone too far as it'd just fit in with Ciampa's sociopathic hatred of all things Johnny Gargano.
    Honestly, I think I preferred what happened. Taking joy in seeing Candice hurt tells a good story, but what's going to happen (not a spoiler, just my prediction) is even more sociopathic. Ciampa is going to spin this to be Johnny's fault, that his behaviour was selfish is what got Candice hurt. And like all the best villainous motives, there's a hint of truth to it.

On the subject of this rivalry, WWE has teased the next Ciampa/Gargano match.

I'm really loving Burch and Lorcan. I think they're poised to be the sentimental favourite NXT tag team, a void left by the aforementioned Gargano and Ciampa. It's a shame that they haven't had a chance to be showcased earlier. You'd think they'd start to have a presence shortly after their handful of one on one encounters that transitioned into this team. But, better late than never, I supose.

Handicap match was very good! As Jack-Hammer said, the match was very well balanced. It really told a story that you don't generally expect out of a handicap match.

2. Likes mrluck_07, Jack-Hammer, ShinChan liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: May 29, 2018
    Commentators: Mauro Ranallo, Nigel McGuinness, Percy Watson

It’s time for a big fight here, though it might not be the definitive fight. The big match on the card this week will see Shayna Baszler defending her title against Dakota Kai. Dakota has been running scared of Baszler but Nikki Cross has been poking her head around things lately, which offers a very odd twist to the whole thing. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

Maybe She Is Crazy

4. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    If only because this moment deserves to be recorded in this thread for posterity:

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1002254510692200453

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That is the coolest thing I've ever seen in wrestling.

7. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Totally awesome. Dream's face sells it very, very well.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by klunderbunker
    Totally awesome. Dream's face sells it very, very well.
    It really did. Like he couldn't believe what just happened.
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

10. Likes ShinChan, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Is it wrong to expect another match like Black/Dream from Ricochet/Dream?

12. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
    Is it wrong to expect another match like Black/Dream from Ricochet/Dream?
    I don't think so and I think many are expecting something along those lines. Nobody was really expecting the awesomeness that was Black vs. Dream, I think most of us felt that it would be a solid to good match only to find out that Dream was one of the best kept secrets in wrestling. The kid knows psychology, he understands it and he puts it to use. He knows how to tell a story with everything he does in the ring or with his facial expressions or body language, he can be surprisingly technical if that's what the match calls for and his got the athleticism to hang with anyone in NXT. That's not to say that Black wasn't responsible for the match being so great as he certainly was, it's just that we already knew how good Black was but this was the first time I think we'd really, truly seen what Dream is fully capable of.

In a match with Ricochet, I see an easy 4.25 to 4.5 star match out of them, especially if Triple H tells them to go out there and let it all hang out. This is a strategy that seems to be par for the course when it comes to TakeOver matches and I think that will be the case here.

From what I understand, the final card is rumored to look like this:

NXT Championship - Aleister Black VS Lars Sullivan
    NXT Women's Championship - Shayna Baszler vs. Nikki Cross
    NXT Tag Team Championship - The Undisputed Era vs. Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan
    Chicago Street Fight - Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa
    Singles Match - Ricochet vs. The Velveteen Dream

I've also read rumors of there possibly being a champion vs. champion match between Pete Dunne and Adam Cole, which would be like the cherry on top of an already stacked card.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

14. Likes smarkmouth, ShinChan, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dream wasn't so much a secret as that was his first major program. Unless we were working in the Performance Center, how were we supposed to know he'd be that good?

16. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
    Dream wasn't so much a secret as that was his first major program. Unless we were working in the Performance Center, how were we supposed to know he'd be that good?
    I saw him last January at a house show against Eric Young and was rather impressed. He was still Patrick Clark then.

18. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Thread Information