Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The NXT Thread: It Must Breakk You

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: June 6, 2018
    Commentators: Nigel McGuinness, Mauro Ranallo, Percy Watson

It’s rubber match night as we have the unlikely third match between Lacey Evans and Kairi Sane. Evans has come out of almost nowhere with a gimmick that makes you want to see someone take her head off while Sane has gone from what looked like a very fun woman full of potential to just another name on the roster. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

Take Notes

2. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: June 13, 2018
    Commentators: Nigel McGuinness, Percy Watson, Mauro Ranallo

It’s the go home show for Takeover: Chicago and that means it’s time to put the final touches on everything. The five match card is already set and this week’s show will feature a focus on the NXT Title match between Aleister Black and his monster challenger Lars Sullivan. The match doesn’t need a lot of focus but at least they can have something to get us to Takeover. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

Sweet (Go) Home Chicago

4. Likes ShinChan, jmt225 liked this post
    It gets sorta redundant giving NXT props week in and week out as I honestly can't remember the last time I saw an episode that wasn't good, not that I'm complaining mind you. Even the weaker episodes manage to accomplish something and tonight's go home show for TakeOver: Chicago was no different.

The War Raiders continue to impress and showcase their reputation as one of the best hoss tag teams of the last 10 years or so. Their match against the Mightly could be a lot of fun.

Really nice video segments providing final hype for Gargano vs. Ciampa and Baszler vs. Cross.

I thought EC3 vs. Kassius Ohno was a good, 3 star bout. It may have lasted only about 5 minutes, but it was an action packed and highly physical 5 minutes, which helped make the match seem longer in a good way. Ohno is basically the gatekeeper of NXT and continues to look good in defeat. I'm okay with him in this role as I look for him to be one of the top guys behind the scenes in NXT in a couple of years. EC3 doesn't have a solidified feud as of yet, which is fine as he's still so brand new, so this was a good credibility win for him.

Bianca Belair is someone who continues to impress me. Like the Velveteen Dream, it's hard to believe that she's only been wrestling for a couple of years. She sort of reminds me of Sasha Banks in terms of her confidence, but Bianca comes off as more of a legit, athletic badass with the attitude to go along with it. Her match with Dakota Kai next week could be a chance for both ladies to impress.

Pete Dunne vs. Kyle O'Reilly was a very good, hard hitting, action packed 3.5 star main event. While there was never really any danger of Dunne losing, the action was crisp, both men worked really well together and their technical stuff was a nice little treat. I always have a lot of fun watching Dunne manipulate the finger and wrist joints, though it still makes me cringe a little as to just how easy he could fuck somebody up. Also, just throwing it out there, am I the only one who flat out loves the look of the UK Championship? Because the belt has an actual center plate, a take on the British Coat of Arms, instead of the WWE logo, it just looks more majestic. I kind of wish that Dunne would get his own personalized side plates but, at the same time, the default plates really do help make the look of the belt pop.

The ending with Lars Sullivan laying out Black was a solid way to close the show. While I think Black retains, this is an opportunity for Sullivan to prove himself. Sullivan hasn't really wrestled in any long, 1 on 1 matches and I'm hoping we'll get to see some good time to see how good he might actually be.

It'll be hard to top TakeOver: New Orleans, but I think Chicago has a solid chance of it with Gargano vs. Ciampa II and Ricochet vs. Dream. A Strong B+ for tonight's go home show.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

6. Likes mrluck_07, jmt225, smarkmouth liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Seems Mauro Ranallo will be missing NXT TakeOver due to boxing commitments, and Vic Joseph will be rounding out the team. A little interesting, because when Nigel missed the last event, Mauro and Percy worked as a two man booth. Mauro has been replaced to keep a three man booth going. I don't blame them. I love Nigel, but Mauro's absence will be felt at this special.

That being said, Vic, Nigel and Percy work well on 205 Live. I welcome Vic. It won't quite be the same, but Vic will do great.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Looking forward to takeover tonight, even though I'm not excited for all the matches. Gargano/Ciampa and Ricochet/Dream will be amazing but don't have high hopes for the rest.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I wonder if we're going to see any new champions. All the reigns seem too fresh to spoil so soon, but I'd only be moderately surprised if Aleister loses to Lars. Aleister's going to be a licence to print money on the main roster, and Lars makes a better champion for a contender like Gargano.

10. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Like it, love it to much .......

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It was a great show, especially as it didn't expect it to be. I didn't think it would over deliver for what looked like a pretty weak card.

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    TakeOver was pretty solid. I dug the Hogan tribute by Dream. Although the Women's Title match was underwhelming I liked the angle of Bazler retreating from Cross. The Street Fight was great. Gargano losing it after discovering his ring was gone was ace as was Ciampa coming back for the surprise win.
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Some wrestling "fans" (if you could even call them fans) are complaining about the match between Ciampa and Gargano at Takeover: Chicago. They've claimed it was either too long or too unbelievable or had a weak finish.

I really don't know what to say to those people other than go watch something else. Seriously that was an amazing match. I know wrestling is subjective, and people enjoy different things. However if you can't enjoy that match, then what can you enjoy? It had everything you could want and then some. Some people just aren't ever going to be happy.

Sorry for the rant, but if you watch an instant 5 star classic and still aren't happy, then you'll never be happy.
    Last edited by BestSportsEntertainer; 06-18-2018 at 01:46 AM.

16. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information