Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: The NXT Thread: It Must Breakk You

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: May 20, 2020
    Commentators: Mauro Ranallo, Beth Phoenix, Tom Phillips

I’m not sure what to expect at the moment but it’s time to start getting ready for Takeover. The show is in two and a half weeks and that means we are going to need to get things going in a hurry. There isn’t much set for the show but NXT knows how to do this stuff like no one else. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

How To Build A House

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: June 3, 2020
    Commentators: Mauro Ranallo, Tom Phillips, Beth Phoenix

It’s the go home show for Takeover and that means we have another stacked card. The big story is building tot he NXT Title match but you never know how that might go. NXT has a good history with making you want to see the major shows, but things have been difference since they went to two hours. Hopefully they can make it work well here all over again. Let’s get to it.

Thank You Drake

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    It would have been hilarious if Drake rejected the contract

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: June 10, 2020
    Commentators: Tom Phillips, Mauro Ranallo, Beth Phoenix

We’re done with Takeover: In Your House and the only major change was Io Shirai winning the Women’s Title. Other than that, Adam Cole is still NXT Champion and needs a new challenger. Tonight he faces Dexter Lumis in a match that has me worried. Finn Balor and Keith Lee would seem to be the next big challengers so let’s get to it.

Watch The Curve

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: June 17, 2020
    Commentators: Tom Phillips, Beth Phoenix, Mauro Ranallo

After everything that happened last week, we could be in for a big night. Well actually we could be in for some big nights on July 1 and 8, as AEW’s Fyter Fest probably need some competition. That could be set up tonight, but we also have some guest stars with Bayley and Sasha Banks. Let’s get to it.

The Stepping Stone

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: June 24, 2020
    Commentators: Mauro Ranallo, Beth Phoenix, Tom Phillips

It’s title night as Keith Lee is defending the North American Title against Johnny Gargano and Finn Balor in a triple threat match. That’s big enough, but the bigger story is that the winner will be facing Adam Cole for the NXT Title in a title vs. title match in two weeks. And yes, that is the same night as the second week of AEW Fyter Fest. Let’s get to it.

I Like It

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: July 1, 2020

We’re bringing back the Great American Bash over the next two weeks and that could be an interesting situation. NXT tends to know how to do these big shows pretty well and that could make for some interesting stuff over the following two shows. Next week is the big one but tonight could be a heck of a strong outing as well. Let’s get to it.

Dusty Approved

Both AEW and NXT delivered great shows last night in my eyes. I think they were well matched overall in terms of quality though I just tend to be invested in NXT more as NXT pretty much made me fall in love with wrestling again.

The low point of last night's show was the mix tag match but when it was still solid and they didn't do anything foolish by putting Rhea Ripley as part of a comedy act. She's got too much star potential for that, way too much. Robert Stone played his part well and this sort of thing is the only way I can invest to any degree whatsoever in intergender wrestling.

I may be wrong but I have a feeling they're just taking things slow with Dexter Lumis. He continues to get a good deal of interest from fans because he's different. The whole bit where he's silently staring that creepy, 1,000 yard, psychotic stare is working right now so I think they should just keep milking it while they can. Eventually, he's going to have to say something, to evolve a little bit and that's okay as long as they keep up the sheer creepiness the guy can generate.

Timothy Thatcher will never be anything on Raw or SmackDown, if he's ever brought to the main roster, unless they were to put him in a tag team with Cesaro. Personally, I love watching Thatcher do his thing and seeing matches like we've seen him have with Lorcan and Riddle are great treats. Don't do them TOO often and they'll continue to feel that way. But yeah, I could genuinely see him and Cesaro as a team as both have that throwback label attached to them.

Tegan Nox I'm sort of on the fence about. NXT is going with the tried and true formula of a scrappy, hard working, determined babyface with her with a little aspect of the girl next door bit going for her. I don't find it all that interesting but it does the job. Mia Yim is hit and miss for me. Some weeks, she's fresh, crisp and full of fire and then some weeks, she just doesn't seem to be firing on all cylinders. For instance, when she's doing planchas and suicide dives, it'd help out a lot if she actually moved with some speed because she moved so slow that it makes the moves look supremely fake looking. If she doesn't feel comfy doing those sorts of moves while moving at a good rate of speed, maybe simply shouldn't do them. Candice LeRae is cute as a button and she's doing well in her heel persona. I also like the notion of something between Johnny Gargano and Isaiah "Serve" Scott as I can already picture some fun matches.

Io Shirai and Sasha had a really good showcase bout last night. Asuka appearing was a nice little treat, given her history and friendship with Shirai, plus it gives Sasha some protection in the loss considering she's facing Asuka at ER for the Raw Women's Championship. This match made me wish for these two being in NXT with a good long build up for a 25 or so minute match to be held at a TakeOver event.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

11. Likes mrluck_07, #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: July 8, 2020

We wrap up the Great American Bash tonight with the second of two shows. This time around it’s a big one, as NXT Champion Adam Cole faces North American Champion Keith Lee in a title for title match. That could go either way and may be the biggest match NXT TV has ever seen. Let’s get to it.

Four For Four

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: July 15, 2020
    Commentators: Tom Phillips, Beth Phoenix, Mauro Ranallo

We’re back to normal this week, though we do have a big main event with Tegan Nox challenging Io Shirai for the Women’s Title. That could be an interesting one, but we also have the first night of Keith Lee’s NXT Title reign. Karrion Kross might have something to say about that though, which could go a few ways. Let’s get to it.

The Brake Tapping Show

Thread Information