Thread: The NXT Thread: It Must Breakk You

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    That was a hell of a tag team contest.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: March 20, 2019
    Commentators: Mauro Ranallo, Nigel McGuinness, Percy Watson

We’re on the final taping cycle with three shows left before Takeover: New York. Last week’s big story saw Johnny Gargano finally outsmart Tommaso Ciampa after DIY was eliminated from the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. Unfortunately a neck injury is going to put Ciampa on the shelf for a long time so now we have to find out what is being done to replace the most obvious title change ever. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

Plan B

4. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    As of right now, the card for TakeOver: New York looks like this:

NXT Championship 2 Out Of Three Falls Match - Johnny Gargano vs. Adam Cole
    NXT North American Championship - The Velveteen Dream vs. Matt Riddle
    NXT Women's Championship Fatal Fourway Match - Shayna Baszler vs. Kairi Sane vs. Io Shirai vs. Bianca Belair
    NXT Tag Team Championship - The War Raiders vs. The Winners Of The Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classiv
    WWE United Kingdom Championship - Pete Dunne vs. WALTER

For whomever doesn't win the NXT Championship, I think it's time for WWE to seriously think about bringing that guy to the main roster.

It's too soon for the Dream to drop the NA Championship, in my opinion, and Riddle won't be hurt by the loss. He's already established as a huge fan favorite in NXT and losing to the Dream in a competitive match can only elevate him.

The NXT Women's Championship, at this point, is Io Shirai's to lose I think. Baszler's done all she can as Women's Champion, as has Kairi Sane, who is said to be the next in line going to the main roster, and Belair has come a helluva long way but I don't think it's her time.

My guess is that the War Raiders will wind up taking on Aleister Black and Ricochet as the Forgotten Sons just don't really have the fan support right now. Some more development needs to happen with them as characters, in my opinion, and, frankly, at this point, Black and Ricochet are simply the more exciting opponents.

The WWE UK Championship match MIGHT wind up being the worst match on the card this time around, which is highly unusual to say regarding any match with Pete Dunne involved. For one thing, it sort of feels like it's been shoehorned into this event and neither guy has had any face time in NXT during this program. They've had plenty in NXT UK, so that might not be an issue if you regularly watch both shows. However, for me personally, I have to say that I'm just not all that impressed with WALTER. It's not that he's bad or anything it's just that there's...well I just haven't seen anything that I find particularly special about the guy. It's not like he does something that I haven't seen numerous other hoss types in NXT or on the main roster do, some of whom have done it much better, and as far as his looks go....well I'm not exactly a proponent of lookism in wrestling, but the guy doesn't even look physically impressive. He's billed as this mega beast all over Europe but he ultimately looks like a pasty, chubby, 275 lbs. 30 year old guy with no muscle tone whatsoever. He's also got the whole stoic, silent monster thing happening and that can work but, to me, you're someone who needs to have the aura, the look to really make that pop and WALTER just doesn't have that in my eyes. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised here, I'm hoping so. At any rate, I expect Dunne to drop the title to WALTER as WALTER is quite porbably the highest profile wrestler in Europe right now and Dunne has been UK Champion for almost 2 years.

Overall, it looks like it'll be a really fun show, which that's par for the course for the TakeOver events. Quite possibly, in fact almost for certain, they'll probably accomplish more in 2.5 hours than the 7+ hour marathon that will be WrestleMania.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: March 27, 2019
    Commentators: Nigel McGuinness, Percy Watson, Mauro Ranallo

A lot of things changed last week and while that was the kind of thing that had to be done, NXT managed to do it very well, setting up what should be a heck of a match at Takeover. Tonight should be some of the hard selling for Takeover and that often makes for some of the best TV around here. Let’s get to it.

Made From Scratch

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: April 3, 2019

This is where NXT tends to shine (among other places) as we have the final show before Takeover: New York. The card is set but now it’s time for the final push towards Friday (yeah Friday again) and that should be awesome. As for tonight we have Bianca Belair vs. Kairi Sane in a match that is going to end in interference. Let’s get to it.

Get Your Checklist Ready

10. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: April 10, 2019
    Commentators: Mauro Ranallo, Percy Watson, Nigel McGuinness

It’s time for the fallout show from Friday with a show taped prior to the show we’re recapping. Tonight we’re looking at a bunch of clips from Takeover: new York plus a trio of matches that took place before the show went on the air. These shows are usually very light and there’s no reason to believe that this should be any different. Let’s get to it.

I Think We All Needed A Break

12. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: April 17, 2019
    Commentators: Nigel McGuinness, Percy Watson, Mauro Ranallo

It’s time to get back home after New York after another incredible Takeover. With last week’s recap edition out of the way, things are back to normal here as we start the long build towards the next Takeover in a few months. The big draw is Johnny Gargano’s first comments as NXT Champion and you can hear the chants from here. Let’s get to it.

They Take Over TV Too

14. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    While NXT is usually quite good, last night's show was exceptionally put together that featured a hell of an opening match, setting up matches for the next couple of weeks that include a tag title match & the debut of Kushida, possibly the beginning of a program between Dijakovic & Velveteen Dream for the NA Championship and a very good main event that saw the goodbye of Kairi Sane before she went to the main roster.

KB's review, which I read just a few minutes ago, sums things up better than I can as I'd just be repeating stuff. NXT is so different than the main roster sometimes that it's not even funny. NXT is a brand with consistent focus on what they want to see happen which, in turn, leads to consistent booking, consistent storytelling, consistent momentum and a flat out smoother ride for the viewer to enjoy.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

16. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: April 24, 2019

Things are getting interesting around here as Johnny Gargano is still dealing with the Undisputed Era. That could make for some fun matches going forward and we’re starting those tonight with Roderick Strong getting a non-title shot at the champ. Other than that, we could be in for the first steps towards Velveteen Dream vs. Dominik Dijakovic for the North American Title. Let’s get to it.

Keep Planning Ahead

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'd like to say something. This has been percolating in me for a while, and I think I'm ready to say it. I think WWE has it's next Kurt Angle hanging around in NXT. And I think it's Montez Ford.

I don't mean to say that his style is a reflection of Kurt. Chad Gable is the man who better fits that bill. But Montez is performing at a VERY HIGH level in any given match. He doesn't know anything lower than 110%, which is strikingly akin to how Angle performed for a better part of is career.

Best frog splash since Eddie, too.

19. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information