Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The NXT Thread: It Must Breakk You

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The closing segment was one of the best things NXT has produced. A big chaotic brawl is rarely as interesting as that. Even Raw's "pull apart brawls" used to be pretty cool but now seem a little paint-by-numbers. The focus on the title picture, Nikki running out like a spastic harbinger, Black wrecking the guards and Lars (with some of the best looking Black Masses he has pulled off yet), the cameraman falling over, and the dramatic reveal. Just fantastic from top to bottom! Rarely is so much thought put into that much chaos, resulting in a dynamic segment that is both impactful and informs several storylines at once.

2. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Shayna Baszler defeated Kairi Sane to recapture the NXT Women's Championship last night at Evolution. Unless I'm mistaken, NXT has taped all of it's episodes until Survivor Series Weekend. Anyone catching the logistical problem this presents? Curious to see how they handle it, but more excited to see Kairi/Baszler V. Gotta be a gimmick match, yeah?

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    Shayna Baszler defeated Kairi Sane to recapture the NXT Women's Championship last night at Evolution. Unless I'm mistaken, NXT has taped all of it's episodes until Survivor Series Weekend. Anyone catching the logistical problem this presents? Curious to see how they handle it, but more excited to see Kairi/Baszler V. Gotta be a gimmick match, yeah?
    I do not recall the spoilers for the tapings, but it isn't really an issue. The matches taped were probably without Baszler/Sane, and they'll use backstage stuff (not taped during the taping) to make the title match. When you consider the likely match is Baszler/Sane with a gimmick (and Io Shirai in Kairi's corner), they don't need anything in-ring.

It's not even the first time this happened. Samoa Joe defeated Finn Balor at a Live Event in Lowell, MA after a taping. They just mentioned it the first TV after the event (commentary is often added post-taping), and showed a lot of it the following week. They will do the same here, albeit they likely won't air the match, as it is already available on the Network.

They have the same issue with the Street Prophets and Fabian Aichner. They're the EVOLVE Tag Champs and EVOLVE Champion now, and won't have the belts for next few weeks TV.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

After last night and some announcements today, much of the TakeOver: WarGames card has been set.

NXT Championship - Tommaso Ciampa vs. the Velveteen Dream

WarGames - Pete Dunne, Ricochet & the War Raiders vs. the Undisputed Era

Singles Match - Aleister Black vs. Johnny Gargano

There's talk that a Baszler vs. Sane match is scheduled but Baszler injured her ankle at Evolution and is set to be re-evaluated within the next few days. Initial reports stated that was walking on crutches after Evolution but that the crutches were precautionary and that she's not expected to miss much, if any, time.

While it hasn't been announced, you can also pretty much bet that Matt Riddle vs. Kassius Ohno will be added to the card.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

6. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm only just now realizing that Jackson Ryker is Gunner from TNA.

You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: November 7, 2018
    Commentators: Nigel McGuinness, Percy Watson, Vic Joseph

There are two shows left before Takeover and after last week’s show, we now have the big namesake match set up. There should be some interesting things before we get there as the card needs to be pushed hard as we head towards Los Angeles. Tonight we have Lars Sullivan wanting to destroy Velveteen Dream for daring to take a step towards the NXT Title. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

An Audience Of One

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: November 14, 2018
    Commentators: Vic Joseph, Percy Watson, Nigel McGuinness

It’s the go home show for Takeover: WarGames II and the card seems to be mostly set. This time around there might only be four matches, but one of them will be 2/3 falls and another is WarGames so things should be fine. Tonight is the big final push towards the show and that should make for a fun show. Let’s get to it.

They Made War Sound Fun

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: November 21, 2018
    Commentators: Mauro Ranallo, Nigel McGuinness, Percy Watson

After everything that went down on Saturday, it’s time for a little breather. That tends to be the best thing that you can get the week after Takeover and that’s even better the day before a holiday. There are some matches from before Saturday’s Takeover, which are often pretty entertaining in their own right. Let’s get to it.

The Thanksgiving Present

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    NXT UK is already set to have its first TakeOver event on January 12, 2019 in Blackpool, England.

While it feels too soon for the brand to have its first big show, it could still be a huge success. Some are okay with NXT UK airing two episodes per week, some aren't but I don't know if they'll continue airing two episodes once everything is all caught up with the tapings. For instance, the finals of the NXT UK Woman's Championship tournament are set to air during one of this week's episodes and said match was part of tapings that took place just over three months ago. There should be another set of tapings soon that will air on a basis similar to the original NXT now that they've got everything set up for NXT UK television.

There'll probably be a UK and UK Women's Championship match and possibly the start of the NXT UK Tag Team Championship tournament, or however they're going to decide the inaugural champions. My initial feeling is that this won't be on the same level as we've become accustomed to in regards to TakeOver events from NXT OG, but it'll be another strong step in the right direction for the brand.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: November 28, 2018
    Location: San Jose State University Event Center, San Jose, California
    Commentators: Nigel McGuinness, Percy Watson, Mauro Ranallo

It’s a special show this week as the talent was given a week off from tapings with this show filmed before Takeover: WarGames II. As usual, NXT knows how to set things up in advance and odds are we’ll have a good night of wrestling, even if we don’t have a lot of angle advancement to look forward to. Let’s get to it.

Add It To The List Of Things They Do Well

16. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Thread Information