Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The NXT Thread: It Must Breakk You

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Those matches were spectacular but you can't tell me they were significantly better than Banks/Bayley, Neville/Zayn or even Revival/DIY.

2. Likes A11, smarkmouth, Jack-Hammer, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I can believe Gargana/Ciampa, but the ladder match? Really? Like.

No, seriously, really?

4. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
    Both NXT and NJPW Have 3. In 2018.
    My bad. I didn't know about Ospreay vs. Scurll.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

6. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
    Those matches were spectacular but you can't tell me they were significantly better than Banks/Bayley, Neville/Zayn or even Revival/DIY.
    I'm starting to think that in order for Meltzer to consider "blessing" a bout with his 5 star rating, it has to go a minimum of 25 minutes. Of course, Meltzer's methodology, at times, only makes sense to himself and is hardly consistent.

Conan Of Cimmeria

8. Likes ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    My only real issue with Meltzer stems from the use of the phrase of "five star match." If Dave Meltzer gives a match five stars, it's not "a match that Dave Meltzer gave five stars," it's "a five star match," full stop - as if the rating is some objective, scientific measure and not just one man's opinion.

I could justify giving those three matches five stars. Absolutely no problem with that. I was in the arena live for Gargano/Almas, and I felt lucky to have witnessed it - not because Dave Meltzer gave it five stars, but that it was thrilling enough that I even managed to tune out the drunk cunt next to me who kept elbowing me every five seconds to tell me Tommaso Ciampa was going to interfere.

The implication that NXT only started having stone cold classics in the last few months, and didn't start with, say, the very first match of the TakeOver era (and arguably before even that) is bogus.

10. Likes smarkmouth, Jack-Hammer, ShinChan liked this post
    You Never Know When You Might Stuff An Owl klunderbunker's Avatar
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: April 18, 2018
    Commentators: Mauro Ranallo, Percy Watson

We’re out of New Orleans and back home now, albeit without a few names. Over the last week and a half, the Iconics, Ember Moon, Sanity and Andrade Cien Almas/Zelina Vega have moved up to the main roster, meaning it’s time to start rebuilding things. It’s also time for the fallout from Takeover so let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

Tie A Black And Yellow Ribbon Around It

12. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Asteroids Champion! Simon Champion! Hexxagon Champion! Pinball - Budweiser Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: April 25, 2018

After a few weeks of insanity on the main roster, it’s rather nice to see how things are going down in NXT. This week we have the first defense of the North American Title as Adam Cole defends against Oney Lorcan, but there’s a slightly bigger title match. Tonight we have Aleister Black making his first defense of the NXT Title against Johnny Gargano. The shenanigans should be high with this one. Let’s get to it.

No Man Is Ever Truly Evil....But He Comes Close

14. Likes jmt225, ShinChan liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    NXT
    Date: May 2, 2018

It’s back to Full Sail and that means a nice relief from the breakneck pace of the last few weeks of Raw and Smackdown. At least they’ve set some stuff up in advance and this show will likely deliver some entertaining stuff. There are three matches announced for tonight, including Roderick Strong vs. Pete Dunne. Let’s get to it.

Another Thing WWE Can't Do

16. Likes jmt225, ShinChan liked this post
    While I'm not gonna write him off yet, I can't say that Kona Reeves impressed all that much. He has a strange look, which can work to his advantage or disadvantage. He has a weird physique in that it's kinda sorta muscular in some areas, skinny in others and chubby in others as well. Because of this weird body, and those yellowed teeth, he doesn't quite have the chops to call himself "the Finest." He doesn't look intimidating or powerful enough to be a powerhouse and he seems to be too slow to be a high flyer. His work in the ring last night was pretty dirt basic and the crowd couldn't have cared less.

To be fair, however, I don't always believe in first impressions. There might be a lot more to than we were able to see in the brief few minutes on NXT last night. I do like that he showed some personality and aggressiveness but, as of right now, he strikes me as a really, really poor Samoan version of EC III.

Conan Of Cimmeria

18. Likes ShinChan liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    While I'm not gonna write him off yet, I can't say that Kona Reeves impressed all that much. He has a strange look, which can work to his advantage or disadvantage. He has a weird physique in that it's kinda sorta muscular in some areas, skinny in others and chubby in others as well. Because of this weird body, and those yellowed teeth, he doesn't quite have the chops to call himself "the Finest." He doesn't look intimidating or powerful enough to be a powerhouse and he seems to be too slow to be a high flyer. His work in the ring last night was pretty dirt basic and the crowd couldn't have cared less.

To be fair, however, I don't always believe in first impressions. There might be a lot more to than we were able to see in the brief few minutes on NXT last night. I do like that he showed some personality and aggressiveness but, as of right now, he strikes me as a really, really poor Samoan version of EC III.
    I agree. His look and his demeanor are very much at odds, as if James Ellsworth were playing The Rock. My own first impression is that this has to be deliberately ironic, as he pretends to have it but leaves us unsure whether he can even spell it. This isn't a heel who we hate because he has it all, but one who we hate because he pretends to have it all. We all know someone like that, don't we?

So, Dakota Kai, huh? I think the majority of us are in favour of long-form storytelling in the wrestling medium. Seeing Dakota play up sympathetically fearful of bully Baszler is definitely the wrestling equivalent to a epic novel's prologue, right? I'm excited to watch this one unfold, and hope that the plan is to take their time on this one.

20. Likes Jack-Hammer, ShinChan liked this post

Thread Information