Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROH Star Says CM Punk Participated At an Indie Show

ROH Star Says CM Punk Participated At an Indie Show

Two time ROH World TV Champion Silas Young has made a pretty bold statement that's got the internet all a buzz.

Young, who is also the founder of MKE Wrestling, took to Twitter and stated that CM Punk participated in a show he put on in Wisconsin while wearing a mask and was covered from head to toe in black pants, gloves and a black hoodie in order to fully protect his identity. https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...ent-in-653326/

The article includes a clip that's been making the rounds, showing the man in black coming out and hitting a GPS on a wrestler so that another wrestler can score the win.

Now just because Silas Young said so doesn't automatically make it true, wrestlers are carnies at heart after all, but, as you would imagine, it's generated a ton of buzz over the last 12 hours or so. IF it is true that it was Punk under the mask, then this reignites all the various discussions of the possibility of Punk showing up in AEW or ROH in some sort of sweetheart deal. It'd also be the first time in well over 5 years that Punk, to anyone's knowledge, has stepped foot inside a wrestling ring to compete in any way, shape or form.
    Last edited by Jack-Hammer; 04-21-2019 at 05:06 AM.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'm surprised it took someone so long to book a "is that CM Punk?" angle. Instant buzz! In fact, I recall an interview few months back where Punk himself said that if he were to come back, he'd want to be booked as some random ninja and leave people to wonder. Someone should have ran this angle that very weekend.

Entertaining the possibility, Punk recently posted a lengthy reply to Rey Mysterio discussing their Triple Threat with Eddie Guerrero. The post was unmistakenably written by someone who loves wrestling, which was nice to see him discuss it without his disgruntlement showing through.

Whether Young booked Punk or didn't (he didn't), this was a very smart move. And even if it's not Punk (which it's not), it doesn't disprove the possibility of a return down the road.

3. Likes mrluck_07, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Out of curisoity, does anyone really still care about CM Punk? I mean, this is a guy that has characteristics that Internet fans for years were the worst in the sport. He's selfish, egotistical and obviously does not care about the business.

Does anyone really care about him?

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Out of curisoity, does anyone really still care about CM Punk? I mean, this is a guy that has characteristics that Internet fans for years were the worst in the sport. He's selfish, egotistical and obviously does not care about the business.

Does anyone really care about him?
    I think the worst part about it all is the CM Punk chants that persist to this day for no other reason than crowd's indulging themselves, which is far removed from Punk's hands. I'll agree that he's selfish and egotistical, but you'd be hard to throw a stone in a wrestling locker room and miss someone who doesn't fit the description. I will disagree with your assessment of his care for the business. He often speaks highly of the Bucks and other outside-WWE personalities. I think it's just the McMahon empire that he can't stand.

Regardless of my own tastes, Punk's going to get a HUGE reaction if he ever comes back.

6. Likes mrluck_07, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The article includes a clip that's been making the rounds, showing the man in black coming out and hitting a GPS on a wrestler so that another wrestler can score the win.
    The heck is a GPS?
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Senior Member Jeff Deliverer of Mail's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The only reason I'd want to see CM Punk is the fan reaction he'd get at a Raw in Chicago, would blow the roof off the place. Then he can retire right after.
    Frank: Ludwig?!
    Goon: Drebin!
    Frank: Yeah, I'm Drebin!
    Goon: I have a message for ya from Vincent Ludwig!
    Goon: Take that, you lousy cop!
    Frank: I'm sorry! I can't hear ya! Don't fire the gun while you're talking!

9. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Deliverer of Mail
    The only reason I'd want to see CM Punk is the fan reaction he'd get at a Raw in Chicago, would blow the roof off the place. Then he can retire right after.
    Pretty much the same for me.
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I'd love to see Punk back in WWE or in AEW. I'm not sure why he would return at some random indy show (if he even did), but I'm very glad if this is a sign he's coming back.
    Last edited by BestSportsEntertainer; 04-21-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Also, Vince follows Punk on Twitter. So a return tomorrow night is all but guaranteed I'd say.

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by @smarkmouth View Post
    I think the worst part about it all is the CM Punk chants that persist to this day for no other reason than crowd's indulging themselves, which is far removed from Punk's hands. I'll agree that he's selfish and egotistical, but you'd be hard to throw a stone in a wrestling locker room and miss someone who doesn't fit the description. I will disagree with your assessment of his care for the business. He often speaks highly of the Bucks and other outside-WWE personalities. I think it's just the McMahon empire that he can't stand.

Regardless of my own tastes, Punk's going to get a HUGE reaction if he ever comes back.
    While it's true that there are a lot of egos in any wrestling locker room at any given time, Punk is one of the guys that, in my opinion, doesn't have a whole lot to legitimately complain about. Punk was someone always on WWE television, had a number of various title reigns, had big programs with most of the biggest stars to come along in WWE for 25 years by the time he quit, was the longest reigning World Champion or champion of any kind in WWE since the late 1980s and was paid millions of dollars.

So...yeah...I'm just not really seeing how he was treated all that badly unless his definition of mistreatment is when someone doesn't give him exactly what he wants, when he wants it and how he wants it. In that particular sense, WWE could be "guilty" because Punk always wanted to "main event", and by main event I mean be in the last match on the card, at WrestleMania and he wanted the John Cena push. As far as the last match on the WrestleMania card goes, if it's just something he personally wanted but didn't get, again, I just don't see a whole lot to complain about when you factor in everything else that he did in WWE. As for the Cena push, why would WWE ever consider making CM Punk the next John Cena or give him a Cena level push? John Cena ALWAYS worked harder than anybody else in the locker room. John Cena ALWAYS was willing to take on any and all extra work that WWE asked him to do whether it was wrestling matches, whether it was flying out to the west coast to promote an upcoming show that morning before catching a plane back to the east coast so he could be on that night's episode of Raw, whether it was appearing on nationally syndicated talk shows in the morning before doing Raw that night and then catching a plan to Europe to begin promoting an upcoming tour of the UK, whether it was sometimes doing any of that on any given day while also making time in order to meed spcial needs kids whos wish was to see him, say hello to him, hang out with him for a while, etc. and he never once complained about any of it. CM Punk, on the other hand, was the exact opposite in that he was, allegedly, blatantly confrontational with management, even by accounts of few people in WWE really close to him, getting him to pull extra duty like working meet and greets or doing media sometimes was like trying to pull the teeth out of a rabid alligator's mouth, Punk also, allegedly, let it be known his disdain for WWE's partnerships with organizations like Make A Wish or the various cancer charities.

So...yeah...John Cena went the extra mile and then some because he knew what went with it and he welcomed it. Punk didn't have Cena's work ethic, was constantly hostile to WWE management and certainly never demonstrated any loyalty to WWE so, again, why on Earth would they ever want to give him a Cena level push when, as far as being "the face" of the company goes, he was about as opposite from John Cena as any wrestler on the roster to could?

I do think Punk still have love for the wrestling business, but I think he's ultimately all about CM Punk more. All the "Voice of the Voiceless" stuff, all the "change" he wanted to see happen was ultimately just himself being in THE bottom line, 100% top spot no matter how much of an ass he might act like.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Thread Information