Page 2 of 160 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Wrestling Thoughts That Float Through My Mind...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Chris Jericho can get ANYTHING over. Omaha steaks, stupid idiot, the list, etc.

2. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    WWE deserves to die if Shane wins the WWE Title.
    I agree and, unfortunately, I think that may very well be the direction they're going. Given the nonsense that Vince McMahon calls creative ideas on the main roster, the most insanely stupid ideas can no longer just be easily written off as having no chance of happening.

Shane has been feuding with and has defeated, in matches where he's been hilariously outclassed, two former World Champions and it doesn't look like he's going anywhere anytime soon. SummerSlam is coming up in a few months and with the whole "best in the world" thing still being shoved up our asses multiple times each week, it seems that the "best in the world" would want to truly solidify that position by becoming either WWE or Universal Champion. As much as I dislike the notion, I'd prefer Brock Lesnar to win one of the titles again rather than Vince's near 50 year old bastard man-child of a son.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

In WWE right now, there are probably quite a few wrestlers who could get just about anything over if they were actually allowed to do their jobs and be professional wrestlers instead of glorified, athletic actors reading canned lines from a script they can't deviate from.

If Jericho popped up in WWE today as some young stud in his late 20s full of energy, passion, ability and buzz from work he'd done before coming to WWE, I don't think he'd be nearly as bit of a star 5 years from now. One advantage Jericho had was the fact that he worked for WWE nearly 20 years and came on board during a time when wrestlers were allowed to have some genuine creative freedom, but they were allowed to really succeed or fail on their own merit most of the time. As a result of the quality he consistently put out, Jericho became one of these locker room leaders, also an elder statesman if you will, who's years of excellence and devotion to WWE earned him the right to actually have far more creative input than modern day stars.

Not just anybody can get over, don't get me wrong on that as some wrestlers just don't have what it takes. However, I do believe most of them would have a better shot if they were allowed to try their thing organically rather than repeating memorized lines from a script they can't deviate from that was, most likely, either written or dictated to someone else by an out of step 73 year old man so set in his ways that he can't see, or at least pretends he doesn't see, his company going down the crapper.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

5. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post
    The WWE should have hired Kris Wolf in 2016.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidercanrana View Post
    If the internet has taught me anything, it's that a show is either touched by God's mighty pen or Satan's diseased penis.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bad look for AEW not letting Moxley work NJPW events in the US. Seems hypocritical.

9. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I love how he talks about Omaha steaks and Arman Hammer Cat litter on his podcast. Not going to lie if I was in the states I would definitely try out the steaks

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Space Invaders Champion! Moon Lander Champion! Mario Bloons Shooting Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Bad look for AEW not letting Moxley work NJPW events in the US. Seems hypocritical.
    How so? He's free to work outside the states, barring it doesn't fall on dates set for AEW shows. That and New Japan didn't make any announcement about Moxley working matches for them in the states. Seems like a nothing headline.

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The best wrestling in the world probably doesn't feature Baron Corbin getting 3 world title matches on 3 consecutive PPVs... Just saying.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    He's probably the best heel right now, so it makes sense to have him challenge the top face.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufferin' Succotash View Post
    He's probably the best heel right now, so it makes sense to have him challenge the top face.
    Even if you think he's the best heel (and I strongly disagree), there's no reason to do that match or any match at 3 PPVs in just 7 weeks.

Thread Information