Page 15 of 160 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Wrestling Thoughts That Float Through My Mind...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by smarkmouth View Post
    The difference between WWE and the companies you listed, however, is that the shows WWE is putting on were founded as KSA-sponsored propaganda. Watch what you want to watch, that's your choice, but don't ignore this significant distinction.
    You think those companies haven't put out press releases in the past praising their relationship to Saudi Arabia and its government? They've had to because you can't do business with Saudi Arabia without the government saying so and those companies are publicly traded companies, the executives of which have had to tell their shareholders something at various times in order to ease their minds. So if "KSA-sponsored propaganda" can be applied to WWE, then it's the same for these companies as they've had to justify it themselves. I'm not seeing WWE excuse or defend Saudi Arabia for it's human rights violations, I haven't heard WWE put out a press release defending the KSA when it came down to the accusations, and most likely quite accurate ones at that, of torturing that reporter before murdering him, I haven't heard WWE defend its treatment of women. In fact, from what I've seen, WWE has made it a point to stay as far away from those particular subjects as possible.

On top of everything, it's still hypocritical to give WWE grief and not these other companies no matter how I try to spin it so that's why I don't.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Quote Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
    I just find it funny that people can be so "outraged" about something (not talking about posters here specifically, more wider society), talk about it like it's the worst thing in the world, and then literally not care about the issue like, a month later. This is why real change is such a struggle nowadays. Most people don't actually care about social issues. They act like they do, but they don't.
    That's why it's called fake outrage, internet outrage or social media outrage. It flares up, burns white hot briefly and then flickers out only for it to reignite somewhat if whatever the subject that started the "outrage" if they're reminded of it somehow. As I said in a previous post, it's easy to be a keyboard activist because you don't have to really sacrifice anything or do anything at all when you get right down to it. Real change is something that generally only comes about after years and years of struggle. For instance, have you ever heard someone say or read about something saying that the original Woodstock changed the world? I have and I think it's crap because the hippies didn't "change" anything; war was still raging, political and governmental corruption still went on at every level, racial tensions remained and still remain contentious, the environment continues to be battered, etc.. All the people at Woodstock did for three days was smoke grass, screw each other in just about any sort of combination imaginable and listen to music from top artists who only played because they were paid two to three times what they usually made for a show.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I reckon Tessa Blanchard is going to join OvE with her and Sami Callihan as a power couple

Check Out The Optional Sidequest Podcast. (Please)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Good shout.

Also, Impact is the best promotion in wrestling.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
    You think those companies haven't put out press releases in the past praising their relationship to Saudi Arabia and its government? They've had to because you can't do business with Saudi Arabia without the government saying so and those companies are publicly traded companies, the executives of which have had to tell their shareholders something at various times in order to ease their minds. So if "KSA-sponsored propaganda" can be applied to WWE, then it's the same for these companies as they've had to justify it themselves. I'm not seeing WWE excuse or defend Saudi Arabia for it's human rights violations, I haven't heard WWE put out a press release defending the KSA when it came down to the accusations, and most likely quite accurate ones at that, of torturing that reporter before murdering him, I haven't heard WWE defend its treatment of women. In fact, from what I've seen, WWE has made it a point to stay as far away from those particular subjects as possible.

On top of everything, it's still hypocritical to give WWE grief and not these other companies no matter how I try to spin it so that's why I don't.
    I know you're not excusing anything, and I don't mean to put you on any kind of defensive, but I ask you to call a spade a spade here. There's a difference between a press release announcing the partnership with varying degrees of spin and a five-hour spectacle that's sprinkled with video packages celebrating the regimes "good side" along with a segment devoted to local talent beating up the talent from a territory the host is in conflict with. (Hi, Daivari brothers, how ya doin'?)

You're right, WWE has gracefully sidestepped KSA's worse politics, just as the companies you used as examples have not celebrated their high moral standard, unlike WWE. I welcome being proved wrong in this second paragraph, but there is a clear distinction here.

7. Likes #AbsoluteUnit liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Not a fan of Cody's current entrance music on AEW, it's not terrible but I just don't mess with it.

However, his Stardust entrance music is/was one of the better songs i some time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KpMXRv4iUo
    Rhea, Bianca, Mandy, Tiffany, and Raquel featuring Scarlett

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    #RicSolarFlair you're kb
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    RHEA'S ON NXT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #RSF'S WATCHING NXT TOMORROW!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    https://i.imgur.com/T4xu8ey.gifv

Goodness this was bad.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    https://twitter.com/WWERollins/statu...00253058854912

Seth Rollins may take a lot of heat for this, but he's 100% right.

11. Likes smarkmouth liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Seth Rollins may take a lot of heat for this, but he's 100% right.
    Meltzer is so successful an editorialist that he's conned an entire fandom into believing his subjective opinion is objective fact. Dude has no redeeming qualities as a wrestling journalist. There's less room for his brand of gatekeeping than ever.

13. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, Spidey liked this post

Thread Information