Page 1 of 160 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Wrestling Thoughts That Float Through My Mind...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Random Wrestling Thoughts That Float Through My Mind...

Honestly, there's no reason for me to post this other than the fact that I'm an egotistical bastard who thinks people give a fuck about what I think. Still, there are a lot of random thoughts that cross my mind now and again, and I doubt I'm the only one. This thread's for people who either want to post their random wrestling thinkits or for those who find a point they deem worth discussing.

1. How awesome were Tyson Kidd and Cesaro as a team? Do people still remember them and their awesomeness?

2. Speaking of Cesaro tag teams, does anybody remember how The Bar got started? That best of 7 series that everyone hated and than the beginning of their pairing where they won the tag titles and were just ripped apart by the online community? Who would have thought they would have become one of the best tag teams of this generation? Granted this generation of tag teams pretty much sucks but... still.

3. A lot of fans talk about how WWE doesn't give a shit about their employees, but I find it really admirable that they seem to actively try and put the SO's/married couples on the same brand. They could be dicks and split up families without a second thought but the only time I can remember that happening is with Paige and Del Rio. So that's pretty cool.

4. I posted a thread a while back about who would be remembered more fondly; the Shield or New Day. Almost everyone said The Shield. With Kofi's title win, I honestly think New Day have surpassed the Shield in terms of historical significance. Plus, they really are the better faction.

5. I wonder if the men are embarrassed that they were surpassed by the women last year. I know it's not PC to say that but it can't feel great to be the first male roster to not main event Wrestlemania.

That's it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    1. Oh I remember. I still have my Cesaro Kidd est 12.??.?? shirt in my closet. Their finisher where Cesaro did his swing and Kidd timed his kick was fantastic.

2. I liken him to Billy Gunn. Great tag team partner whether with Bart, NAO or Billy and Chuck. You could have thrown in Cesaros run with Hero before WWE as well.

3. They do like to split up the daters though. But the fact that they take care of most rehab, drug or otherwise is also cool.

4. I think this one can and will still be debated. With all 3 members of the Shield holding a major heavyweight Championship, if not multiple. Kofi's is more special, primarily because he is still with the group at the time of capturing the title. I still think Big E might need to do the same at some point, and assuming Dean stays away and we don't get multiple Shield reunions the way we do with DX at every reunion, I could see this one going either way.

5. I think part of this is on creative as a whole. The only storyline that could have even made sense to replace the Womens triple threat was one that was seemingly forced upon them in the Kofi groundswell. Otherwise, they wouldn't have even given us that storyline. With so much talent on both sides, I don't think anyone should feel embarrassed though.

3. Likes Jack-Hammer liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
    Honestly, there's no reason for me to post this other than the fact that I'm an egotistical bastard who thinks people give a fuck about what I think. Still, there are a lot of random thoughts that cross my mind now and again, and I doubt I'm the only one. This thread's for people who either want to post their random wrestling thinkits or for those who find a point they deem worth discussing.

1. How awesome were Tyson Kidd and Cesaro as a team? Do people still remember them and their awesomeness?

2. Speaking of Cesaro tag teams, does anybody remember how The Bar got started? That best of 7 series that everyone hated and than the beginning of their pairing where they won the tag titles and were just ripped apart by the online community? Who would have thought they would have become one of the best tag teams of this generation? Granted this generation of tag teams pretty much sucks but... still.

3. A lot of fans talk about how WWE doesn't give a shit about their employees, but I find it really admirable that they seem to actively try and put the SO's/married couples on the same brand. They could be dicks and split up families without a second thought but the only time I can remember that happening is with Paige and Del Rio. So that's pretty cool.

4. I posted a thread a while back about who would be remembered more fondly; the Shield or New Day. Almost everyone said The Shield. With Kofi's title win, I honestly think New Day have surpassed the Shield in terms of historical significance. Plus, they really are the better faction.

5. I wonder if the men are embarrassed that they were surpassed by the women last year. I know it's not PC to say that but it can't feel great to be the first male roster to not main event Wrestlemania.

That's it.
    1. I thought they were a good team. Tyson had improved from the stint he'd had in NXT, he'd actually learned how to cut a pretty good promo, and they functioned well as a team as they brought stuff to the table that complimented each other. Kidd was faster and quicker while Cesaro is kind of a jack of all trades in that he does well as a technical guy, a power guy, a brawler and even an athletic guy. He's not the best in any of those sections, but he's quite good in enough of them to really make him a well rounded guy.

2. The Bar was started when Mick Foley, when he was functioning as Raw GM and after being impressed with their best of 7 series, decided to pair them up as a team. Personally, I enjoyed their series of matches and I think most of the hate was geared towards Sheamus as his third WWE Championship run took place in late 2015 and was part of a bigger issue with WWE constantly pushing Roman Reigns, Triple H being in the picture, manufacturing another big moment for Reigns, etc.. Plus, Sheamus was someone who hadn't really been thought of as a real player by a lot of fans for a while. As far as their formation into a team, I was skeptical but I was hopeful as they had the potential to be a good hoss tag team and they turned out to be much better than I thought.

3. There's this purveying myth about WWE that it's this evil corporation in which management gets its rocks off by seeing how much of a living hell it can make out of the lives of its employees. WWE's a victim of its own success in that it's often targeted for business practices that are practiced by the rest of the wrestling industry, only they're the easier and most convenient target. Now, I'm not going to try to pretend that WWE doesn't make some highly questionable business decisions in which ethics and morality get their balls torn off, because we all know it happens. While it's not remotely the entrance to the deepest, dankest pit of Hell, it's also not some liberal arts college campus where everyone loves each other, gets along all the time and holds hands in a circle singing Age of Aquarius. It's a place of business where everyone's human and everyone has human flaws and such flaws include behaving in ways, saying things or doing things that aren't exactly what most people would call nice. Guess what, that's life in a nutshell all around the world everywhere, every day. My problem with WWE is that it tries to be too corporate, too slickly polished to the point where it comes off as cold and unfeeling. As a result, WWE management often comes off as highly pretentious and maybe some of them feel like they're about to choke on what they're saying or trying to sell because it's what their boss wants them to but, like it or not, it's their job. I don't believe that WWE doesn't care about its talent, I think a big part of the problem is that the attitudes of people have changed. Nowadays, the Millennial mind set is that if you don't give someone everything they want, then you're labeled as some sort of prick. Everybody wants a push, everybody wants to be in a prominent spot, some are threatening to quit because they don't like how they're being used, some are quitting because they're unhappy in the direction they're going, etc.. WWE can't please everybody and everybody can't always get what they want, how they want it and when they want it. WWE is demanding, most definitely, and sometimes I do think that WWE demands too much of its wrestlers but you can't convince me that Vince and WWE management are assholes who treat talent like garbage for shits and giggles. WWE has a Wellness Policy that's stronger than most of what you see applied to professional sports, the company is willing to pay for drug & alchohol rehabilitation, they don't just let talent go at the drop of a hat anymore, especially while they're injured as was the case once upon a time, etc.. It's unfortunate that it took the tragedy of Benoit and the government threatening to essentially ass rape Vince McMahon by taking control of and regulating WWE, but at least something positive has come out of it.

4. As to who will be remembered more fondly....hmmm, I'd probably still go with the Shield as they were the first truly genuine super faction WWE had probably since the days of Evolution. All three men have already had HOF worthy singles careers and will no doubt be inducted as a faction at some point as well. Still, I won't argue with anyone who picks New Day as they've most definitely earned every bit of adulation and respect they've garnered. New Day will be remembered fondly, maybe not as fondly because people always tend to remember dominant, vicious groups more. New Day, however, is the group that scratched, bit and clawed its way into not only acceptance but one of the most over acts on the entire WWE roster at any point during this decade. New Day could be argued as the heart and soul of WWE's tag team revival. I've no doubt New Day will be in the HOF some day and, frankly, I think Woods and Big E can have successful careers as singles guys like Kofi has, but Kofi is the only one who could be in the HOF by himself. Kofi is the current WWE Champion, he's a 4 time IC champ, 3 time US champ, 8 time Tag Team champ and has spent more total days as a tag champ than any other wrestler in WWE history.

5. There probably are some who feel embarrassed about it. However, those are also probably the same type of men who really dislike to give women the credit they deserve in the first place. Women in WWE now are out there legitimately taking the same sort of risks as the men are, they're having to work hard to prove themselves and they can't just skate by on being eye candy.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What it takes to be an indie darling:

1. Don't be overtly large OR be an agile fat man.
    2. Have long hair.
    3. Have a two-word slogan so fans can run it into the ground.
    4. Trash "sports entertainment."
    5. Be advanced in gymnastics.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    What it takes to be an indie darling:

1. Don't be overtly large OR be an agile fat man.
    2. Have long hair.
    3. Have a two-word slogan so fans can run it into the ground.
    4. Trash "sports entertainment."
    5. Be advanced in gymnastics.
    WALTER & Keith Lee were exceptions.

7. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinChan View Post
    WALTER & Keith Lee were exceptions.
    Isn't Keith Lee an agile fat man?

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Isn't Keith Lee an agile fat man?
    I took it as "don't be an agile fat man".

My bad.

Feels like R-Truth now.

11. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    - I'm surprised WWE's still rolling with the Firefly Fun House. I honestly think the whole thing's going to get kaboshed because somebody's going to notice the low-key pedo vibes. To me, it's the best thing on Raw, but you can always count on social media dummies to ruin a good thing. So far, so good though.

- Wasn't Kurt Angle still having good matches before he signed with WWE? I'm not sure because I wasn't watching Impact but I remember hearing that he was still performing at a high level. I find it odd that once he came to WWE, he seemingly lost all ability to have a good match.

- Anybody else remember that speech that WWE gave a while back saying things were going to change? Yeah, me neither.

13. Likes mrluck_07, BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We just had a show in a country that doesn't allow women to wrestle, and our title contender on our #1 show got her match by sleeping with authority figures.

YAY WOMEN'S REVOLUTION!!!

15. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    WWE deserves to die if Shane wins the WWE Title.

17. Likes Jack-Hammer, mrluck_07 liked this post

Thread Information