Page 85 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Wrestling Thoughts That Float Through My Mind...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I heard Peacock is scouring the WWE archives and censoring out the “sensitive” segments. So far I know Pipers blackface from Mania 6 and Vince’s use of the n word on that random Raw episode have been edited out.

This just seems like a real slippery slope, especially considering all the crap that was involved in the Attitude Era. Might as well just leave that whole era out of the library entirely.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So glad the UK one isn't moving.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    WWE will fight to the death to keep D-X in blackface on there.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
    I heard Peacock is scouring the WWE archives and censoring out the ?sensitive? segments. So far I know Pipers blackface from Mania 6 and Vince?s use of the n word on that random Raw episode have been edited out.

This just seems like a real slippery slope, especially considering all the crap that was involved in the Attitude Era. Might as well just leave that whole era out of the library entirely.
    Oh wow. They may aswell edit out all if Lawlers commentary from 98 then. JR was on the xenophobic side too.

Real low brow stuff it was, curry jokes and green card jokes.abkut Tiger Ali Singh. Cringey.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Lawler calling Goldust a flaming f** will slip through somehow.

New thread idea; posting instances that won’t make it through the purge.

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
    Lawler calling Goldust a flaming f** will slip through somehow.

New thread idea; posting instances that won?t make it through the purge.
    VERY low chance of being on The Cock:

• HHH marrying Stephanie McMahon (he drugged her and implied having intercourse with someone unable to consent)
    • Katie Vick
    • Pillman/Austin gun incident
    • Vince makes Trish Stratus bark like a dog
    • Terri Runnels/Lita having "miscarraiges"
    • Drunk Hawk falls of the Tron (hell, Drunk Hawk in general)
    • Bischoff kisses Stephanie while dressed like Vince.
    • Tim White tries to kill himself.

By the way, of this list above, honestly they should all be pulled. Hell they never should have been on the standalone WWE Network.

Stuff that is iffy:

• Dudley Boyz putting women through tables
    • Bra & Panty matches
    • Vince hires Stacy Kiebler as his personal assistant
    • Vince/Shane vs. HBK/God, and the idea of McMahonism.
    • Eugene
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Goodbye Attitude Era

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    And DX blackface is gone.

*sigh* Look, I understand that times have changed, and I don't condone using someone's race as a means to insult or belittle someone. But whether right or wrong, the purpose of the Network should be first and foremost archival and allowing people to witness things as they were. There are age ratings that exist as is, why not have cultural sensitivity ratings or something, and let people know what is and isn't OK in present year? Don't just yeet it to the confines of piracy, put a warning before the content or something, hell, do anything that doesn't include just wiping the content from the network altogether.

Hitler was an abhorrent, awful person, but that doesn't mean we have to put a censor bar over his face for the rest of time, close our eyes and think happy thoughts.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    [QUOTE=Fallout;41898]And DX blackface is gone.

*sigh* Look, I understand that times have changed, and I don't condone using someone's race as a means to insult or belittle someone. But whether right or wrong, the purpose of the Network should be first and foremost archival and allowing people to witness things as they were. There are age ratings that exist as is, why not have cultural sensitivity ratings or something, and let people know what is and isn't OK in present year? Don't just yeet it to the confines of piracy, put a warning before the content or something, hell, do anything that doesn't include just wiping the content from the network altogether.
    Yeah fuck that shit.

WWE can put whatever the fuck they want on their network. NBCUniversal can put whatever the hell they want on Peacock. The segment does not fit with NBC's Standards and Practices. As such they won't air it. And in all honesty they shouldn't as it is pretty abhorrent.

And you are 100% wrong about the purpose of the WWE Network. It is not archival. It is to make money. That's what they did. to the point of $1 BILLION dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    Hitler was an abhorrent, awful person, but that doesn't mean we have to put a censor bar over his face for the rest of time, close our eyes and think happy thoughts.
    No we don't, unless the network airing it chooses to, in which case they will do so.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    Yeah fuck that shit.

WWE can put whatever the fuck they want on their network. NBCUniversal can put whatever the hell they want on Peacock. The segment does not fit with NBC's Standards and Practices. As such they won't air it. And in all honesty they shouldn't as it is pretty abhorrent.
    I don't know about you, but I don't want a private corporation dictating what I and others can and can't watch based on subjective feelings of sensitivity. People like you who find it abhorrent (which is a perfectly acceptable viewpoint to hold) do not have to watch it. People who do want to watch it, or otherwise don't mind it should still have the liberty to do so without having to trawl through pirated reuploads on Dailymotion. The idea that watching these things will make people racist is the same line of thinking that watching violent movies or playing violent games will inherently make people violent.

And you are 100% wrong about the purpose of the WWE Network. It is not archival. It is to make money. That's what they did. to the point of $1 BILLION dollars.
    I'm looking at this from the perspective of the consumer, something that unless you're a representative of WWE or Peacock you should otherwise be in favour of. The purpose on their end might be to make money. The purpose for the consumer is to have access to a plethora of content at hand.

"We are not entitled to our opinions. We are entitled to our informed opinions." - Harlan Ellison (1934 - 2018)

11. Likes Stone Cold Tea liked this post

Thread Information