Page 69 of 160 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Wrestling Thoughts That Float Through My Mind...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think the leader should have the top belt if that's the direction they go. Not like McAfee is going to win it and retain it without a lot of help. Could be built to a special moment when a new baby face finally dethrones him.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    The Rascalz should have been Impact tag champions at least once. They're one of the newish talent that are not only good in the ring but actually have personality. Will be interesting to see where they end up

3. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Either a place where they don't care about teams or another promotion where there are too many teams.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Randy Orton should stealthily take out all of Undertaker's buddies as he's delivering his retirement speech tomorrow.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Having to remain distant from your closest friends makes Big E, Kofi and Woods the most relatable people in WWE.

Hey folks, all well?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Rant time.

CM Punk said wrestlers should be embarrassed that Pat McAfee's a better promo than them, and he ain't wrong. Dude comes in and within weeks is the most must-see person on the show. That's actually a pathetic statement on wrestling today. An NFL kicker with almost 0 experience, who's been in this role for under a year, is head and shoulders better at this thing than guys who've been working decades. That shit just would not happen in other eras. It's like Mr. T coming in and being better than Hogan ffs.
    Last edited by OYDK; 12-06-2020 at 04:06 AM.

Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
    Rant time.

CM Punk said wrestlers should be embarrassed that Pat McAfee's a better promo than them, and he ain't wrong. Dude comes in and within weeks is the most must-see person on the show. That's actually a pathetic statement on wrestling today. An NFL kicker with almost 0 experience, who's been in this role for under a year, is head and shoulders better at this thing than guys who've been working decades. That shit just would not happen in other eras. It's like Mr. T coming in and being better than Hogan ffs.
    To be fair, you could make the comparison to Kurt Angle is well. Dude walked in the door and was as good at chewing the mic as the main eventers.

It's worth noting that even Punk recognizes talents are handcuffed to scripts, which are more often embarrassingly ham fisted and unnatural. As great as WWE is at raising the platform of their talents they're also REALLY GOOD at cutting the let's out from under them.

9. Likes BestSportsEntertainer, OYDK liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by smarkmouth View Post
    To be fair, you could make the comparison to Kurt Angle is well. Dude walked in the door and was as good at chewing the mic as the main eventers.
    True, he was on par with almost everyone, but he wasn’t noticeably better. I didn’t want to see Kurt Angle more than I wanted to see Stone Cold or The Rock or The Undertaker, at least not within his first couple years or so. This might be completely subjective, but Mcafee is the most purely entertaining part of NXT to me right now, by a certain margin. Really has been since the Cole feud.

Quote Originally Posted by smarkmouth View Post
    It's worth noting that even Punk recognizes talents are handcuffed to scripts, which are more often embarrassingly ham fisted and unnatural. As great as WWE is at raising the platform of their talents they're also REALLY GOOD at cutting the let's out from under them.
    Yeah, I’m also of this opinion. But it also makes me wonder if McAfee is also given a script. Why would he have more free reign than everyone else? Why are some people so much better than others? Do half the wrestlers have a script and the other half don’t? Or are some people just given better scripts? I don’t know, I feel like in the end, talent and charisma will show itself... eventually at least.

11. Likes smarkmouth liked this post
    Gazzoline Deluxe Champion! Mutant Snowmen Champion! Monstor buster Champion!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Punk was not wrong. McAfee is better than just about everyone else. And yes, the talent should take that and strive to be better. But McAfee SHOULD be better. McAfee spends 3 hours a day hosting a TALK SHOW on the radio, it's natural that he TALKS better than everyone else. We should be PRAISING McAfee instead of knocking everyone else.

And I believe McAfee gets more free reign because he talks for a living, and because he can just walk away whenever he wants and go back to one of his 6 other million dollar businesses. He's told how long he has and what he should talk about.
    IYO SKY, Shotzi, Bayley, Gigi Dolan, Alba Fyre, Asuka, Kayla Braxton.

Quote Originally Posted by #RicSolarFlair View Post
    It's good having trooper back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
    Reasons to watch Raw
    1 - LDs with #RSF and Trooper
    2 - Rhea in shorts
    Still Here. LD regular.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    Punk was not wrong. McAfee is better than just about everyone else. And yes, the talent should take that and strive to be better. But McAfee SHOULD be better. McAfee spends 3 hours a day hosting a TALK SHOW on the radio, it's natural that he TALKS better than everyone else. We should be PRAISING McAfee instead of knocking everyone else.
    I mean, does that mean Howard Stern should be able to outpromo The Rock? 80% of a wrestler?s job is to sell stories, and most of that involves talking. I?m knocking everyone because people who have been in the business for a decade should not be this outmatched by an NFL punter. Not that guys like Gargano, Ciampa, and Cole suck or anything, but Mcafee has upstaged them since arriving. I don’t like being a hater, but it says something about the business today, at least as far as WWE goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    And I believe McAfee gets more free reign because he talks for a living, and because he can just walk away whenever he wants and go back to one of his 6 other million dollar businesses. He's told how long he has and what he should talk about.
    Do we know this though? Does he have free reign or does he make a script work better than others? Nobody knows, that?s the point. So to say he?s better because he doesn?t have a script isn?t necessarily true. I feel like everyone who can talk is said to not be scripted, but we don?t know that. Maybe some are just better than others?

Thread Information