Thread: WWE Money In The Bank: Steel Cage Match - The Miz VS. Shane McMahon

WWE Money In The Bank: Steel Cage Match - The Miz VS. Shane McMahon

Following Shane interfering in a match with Bobby Lashley against the Miz on Raw last night, Shane commenced to assaulting Miz after costing Miz the match. That is, if you can count his attack as an assault as Shane was throwing the weakest, sickliest, most pathetic looking punches and kicks at Miz I think I've ever seen. Later on in the night, Miz challenged Shane to a steel cage match at MITB and Shane accepted via a post on social media a bit later.

Now, I thought they put on a fun match at WrestleMania, a very fun match as a matter of fact, and one of the things that made it enjoyable, at least until the ending, was that we thought this was gonna be it. Miz would get the win, would avenge his father's honor and Shane would go back behind the scenes for a good long while. Unfortunately for us, Shane is now all over the place on both Raw and SmackDown; he interfered in Miz's match last night and he's gotten himself involved in the situation with Roman Reigns and Elias. I like Shane McMahon, the guy has a much, much, much different general vibe than both his sister and father; the guy comes off as genuinely likeable and easy to like. I even respect the fact that he's willing to take big bumps during his matches, but it just gets really old watching Shane McMahon, the 48 year old company executive who's wrestled maybe a total of 30 to 40 matches in his lifetime, try to portray himself as some sort of badass because he's taken a few MMA classes as part of his workout routine. To make matters worse, WWE has a roster jam packed with talent that isn't being used, some of which aren't being used so much or in such irrelevant ways that they want to leave; God forbid wrestlers who've worked all their lives to get to WWE in the hopes of becoming successful players for the biggest wrestling company in the world actually want to get used while the boss' only son keeps getting put in these high profile matches on the biggest shows of the year.

As to this match, I don't expect it to be anywhere as exciting as their Falls Count Anywhere match at WrestleMania because they were literally all over the place. It could still be a good match but the problem with these matches is that so much time is focused on trying to escape the cage rather than using the cage as a weapon, which is probably best overall since Vince doesn't allow blading but it just gets sort of old watching the same old formula. Also, the allure of a steel cage match as a structure that makes sure that thing stay one on one has been worn off for decades; besides that, WWE hardly ever does a traditional steel cage match anymore without some interference and you just have to know it's coming here as well. You just have to know that this thing with Shane and Miz won't end at MITB as I see Miz pulling out a win here and WWE setting up a rubber match, possibly for SummerSlam. Maybe the attempted interference backfires and costs Shane the match, Shane pops up on Raw the next night or a week or so after to continue to mock Miz saying that Miz only won by a fluke whereas he beat Miz fair and square at WrestleMania.

There's always a chance WWE will let it drop after each guy scores a win over the other, but I highly doubt it as Vince loves to keep feuds going on for much longer than they need to sometimes.
    "What Do I Know Of Cultured Ways, The Gilt, The Craft And The Lie?
    I, Who Was Born In A Naked Land And Bred In The Open Sky.
    The Subtle Tongue, The Sophist Guile, They Fail When The Broadswords Sing.
    Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria

2. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I thought they moved The Miz to draw a line under the feud. I'm sure Shane's own stupidity will cost him the match.

4. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Miz wins like he should've at WrestleMania and we can move on.

6. Likes mrluck_07 liked this post

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hopefully! I think he will win though. Not sure what the need was for Shane to win.
    If you ever attended a WWE live event (house shows and PPVs) which wrestler(s) did you buy a ticket to see? https://forms.gle/d5uh8iifDbfDBdDd8

8. Likes BestSportsEntertainer liked this post
    Currently Between Feds smarkmouth's Avatar

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    So Shane is involved in high profile feuds on both RAW and Smackdown now. No wonder people who are waiting in the wings like Harper want out.

Thread Information