• Pure Rules

4 36.36%
  • Tokyo Deathmatch

7 63.64%

Thread: Unscripted 2019: Titus(c) vs Kagura - World Title

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Unscripted 2019: Titus(c) vs Kagura - World Title

Deadline is Tuesday, May 14th, 11:59 PM EST. Poles will stay open as close to the deadline as possible.

Extensions will be handled on a case by case basis in private.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Hollywood, Los Angeles, California. WZCW WHC Titus is with his assistant Rosie. They are talking in the waiting area of agent James Montana.

Rosie: You have the biggest match of your career coming up and you're here instead. Why?

Titus: He's been there for me since I first started, I owe it to at least see what he wants.

Rosie: What is it you want?

Titus: I want to get back to the start. When this was something special. When this was before it was normal. When the legends hadn't been written.

Montana's secetary can be seen listening in to the conversation and taking notes.

Rosie: What when she just had a first name? Imagine adding then removing your surname for no real reason and then adding it back. That's silly right?

The secetary stands and shouts.

Secetary: Mr. Avison in you go.

In they go.

Montana: Thank goodness I have a competent person in here. My last client was awful. How can someone have anxiety and be an actor? How can someone say they're staying off social media then post 20 facebook posts a day? How can someone be so clueless about the world? I sent him packing to Elaine. That'll sort him out.

Titus: What happened to client confidentiality?

Montana: He's not a client so why should I keep quiet?

Titus: That's true.

The old friends shake hands before Rosie interrupts.

Rosie: So why is it you called him here? He's a lot to do.

Montana laughs.

Montana: I got you this gig don't forget.

Rosie shakes her head, turns and leaves the office. This leaves the two men.

Montana: Please, take a seat.

Titus: MaCutcheon's whiskey eh?

Montana: Indeed.

Montana hands Titus a glass of his favourite tipple.

Montana: I'm worried about you buddy.

Titus: Why is that?

Montana doesn't say a word, he just looks at the world champion.

Montana: I was going to play dumb and pretend the Tokyo death match literally ended in death but you've not seemed yourself for at least a month. I'm watching the desire sap out of you since you lost the EurAsian. The crowd have returned to you but you're just. Not motivated. What's going on?

Nothing. Titus takes a sip of his glass. Montana looks at him. Titus' smile drops. He takes another sip. Montana looks again at Titus.

The hall of famer opens his mouth.

Titus: It's tough you know? I started in this company from the off. My debut was then on Meltdown. They called it something else, I forget. I was in a 6 man throw away tag match. I made no impact. They forgot to book me the next week. Yet I stuck at it. I pushed and I pushed and made a name for myself. Taking down Hasheem was something special. There was Red Mask. Titles. The lot. WZCW became synonymous with Titus. That was it. I was happy.

Legends were written and I said I could do this the rest of my life. Then it happened. I lost the EurAsian championship. For 9 months I struggled to get out of bed unless it was fed related. Staying up until 6am to make sure I had promos videod and the like. That was my life. But the rest was awful. There would be days I'd not even put clothes on. If it wasn't for you. Mike Stormrage. Batti. Tyrone Blades and Garth Black I'm not sure how I'd have the desire to keep pushing. But I did.

Now it's just a thing. It's there. It's normal. Tedium. Circle. I'm the world champion and no one gives a crap. I am struggling to find motivation in life let alone this fed. I'm glad you've noticed not many have.

Montanta: Well you could just try and...

Titus: It's not just the fed. It's everything. I need to reset. I need the passion.

Montana stands up and hugs Titus. Tears stream down both of their faces. It's mental health awareness week. This is my story.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A video camera is shown lying on the ground. The feed changes and the camera starts to roll. It shows nothing but a white background for a few seconds. The feed zooms back, showing a giant wall. The lights dim casting shadows everywhere. Silence descends. Itâ??s an eerie silence that chokes everything around it, like the calm before the storm. Suddenly, the door off to the side flies open as if itâ??s been kicked and a figure enters. The camera pans up slowly, revealing a pair of black boots, red tights, a white top, and red wrestling gloves. Itâ??s clearly a woman with her back to the camera. Her long black hair is styled in a ponytail that hangs loosely between her shoulder blades. Kagura turns around, revealing the same mask that adorns her banner.

She reaches up and slowly takes it off her face. She lets it dangle from her left hand before dropping it onto the ground. It hits the tile with a soft thud. Kagura smiles. Underneath the mask, her face is devoid of its recent makeup.

â??Itâ??s a cliched entrance for the villain to make,â? she says, speaking in her native tongue. â??Thatâ??s what Iâ??m supposed to be in this feud anyways; the bad guy. Funny, as I donâ??t feel all that evil.â?

Kagura steps over the mask and stands in the center of the room, where the light is concentrated. Her figure casts a shadow on the wall behind her.

â??Here we areâ?¦ Unscripted. The show where the fans choose our fates. We all become a little more candid this time of year. Meaning we tend to open up and speak from the heart. Thatâ??s what Iâ??m going to do tonight. Iâ??m not following any script and thereâ??s nothing on my wrists. Iâ??m simply speaking to you â?? thatâ??s anyone who cares to listen to what I have to say.â?

She narrows her eyes as the camera feed shifts to show her from the waist up.

â??My name is Kagura Watarai, and I donâ??t think Iâ??ve introduced myself before. This is the real me. No tricks; no gimmicks.â?

Kagura points towards her chest, â??In my family, itâ??s considered improper to be impolite. I was taught to act like a lady at all times, because I represent the house of Watarai. The noble name of the priests that care for the shrine of the goddess Amaterasu. For all these years, Iâ??ve held myself back for the sake of my clan. Trying not to shame them with my actions is the reason why I named myself Ohzora.â?

She holds her palms up in front of her, staring at them. She clenches them, balling up her fists before letting them fall to her sides.

â??I never could break myself out of my shell. My families expectations of my behavior, and my own expectations of myself meshed and intertwined. I never told them about my drug habits; my addiction to opioids. I never told them about my injuries, or the politics, or the hardships of the road. They all watch me on television, and they think, â??Wow, Kagura is a great performer.â?? And itâ??s the truth. Iâ??m a liar, a deceiver, and a con artist. Only two people in this world know the real me, and Iâ??m marrying one of them in a few months. After tonight, the rest of you will know the real me too.â?

The camera feeds changes, revealing the same room, but Kagura is now seen pacing back and forth. The feed cuts out and changes again. Sheâ??s shown sitting against the wall with her head down. The feed changes again, as the camera pans up to show her face. She grins deviously as the static fills the feed once more. When the feed returns, Kagura is standing in the center of the room, this time dressed in all black. Sheâ??s wearing her trademark mask once more. When she removes it this time, her face is shown to be painted in a red, white, and gold design reminiscent of her native kabuki.

â??You might be asking, â??Whatâ??s with the face paint, Kagura,â??â? she says while pointing to her face. â??Itâ??s a celebration of me finally not giving a shit.â?

She takes the mask and hooks it around her left hand. â??I spent a long time being the punching bag of others because I refused to take any pride in myself. Thatâ??s all it was. The Kagura that people see, it a neutered Kagura. Sheâ??s a version of myself that has to act proper at all times lest I hurt my families feelings and I get ousted from the clan. The other performers donâ??t have to worry about that. They can act like fools when the camera is off. I canâ??t. Something happens on social media, rumors get spread, news articles get written â?? my family takes all that very seriously. I had to watch myself at all times, and I just got tired of it. I just wanted to live my own life, and if my family disowns me and strips me of my title as a priestessâ?¦ wellâ?¦â?

She smiles, â??...Iâ??m a wrestler now, arenâ??t I?â?

The camera begins to follow her movement as she starts to walk aimlessly around the room. â??Pacing has always been a bad habit of mine, but it allows me to gather my thoughts, and boy do I have a ton of them tonight. Theyâ??re like tiny jackhammers trying to break through the front of my skull. Thatâ??s called a migraine and I tend to get them whenever I feel stressed.â?

Kagura stops in the center of the room and does an about-face. â??Lets go back to R-Awakening, shall we? After being dicked over in that match thanks to politics that were outside my control, yet were the result of my own poor decision making, I wound up in the worst position to be in going into Gold Rush. No one believed in me, nor gave me any credit for my string of successes. I had to fight for every victory I received. By some miracle, I managed to defeat Xander when the chips were down. By all rights it should be him versus Titus for the world title, but fate chose me instead. And I knew going into Unscripted that the whole match would be a joke.â?

She frowns, â??Xander can be mad at me for stealing his spot if he wants. Iâ??ll speak to him directly. Xander, all I have to say is fuck you and fuck your dreams too. You lost, now stay in the undercard where you belong. It feels good to gloat. It feels good to rub it in someoneâ??s face after a hard fought victory. Remember what happened last time I won a hard fought victory? Constantine. Japan. World title on the line. People were saying that I cheated and there was no honor in my victory. Really? The bell rang bitches. It was an official match. I spent all that time justifying my actions in a positive light so that it wouldnâ??t rub my kin the wrong way. I could have asked for an exorbitant amount of money to defend the belt at Lethal Lottery, but I didnâ??t because Iâ??m a good employee. Do you know how awful it felt to lose the title after one round? It was heartbreaking. Then that fat idiot Mikey Stormrage, whoâ??s one taco away from a heart attack, slanders me on social media. You remember what he said? â??Kagura, yeah sheâ??s like the third or fourth best woman in WZCW.â?? Okay then, I wonder if youâ??ll be saying the same thing after I win the world title for a second time.â?

She holds up her hand and starts listing off all her accomplishments, â??Former Elite champion, first woman to hold a singles title in the company, former world champion, first female world champion, first Queen for a Day winner, first successful QFAD cash in, first womon to win Gold Rush, and soon to be the first woman to win the world title twice. Innovator. Pioneer. Trailblazer. But yet Iâ??m like â??third or fourth best.â??â?

Kagura shakes her head, â??It wasnâ??t just Stormrage either. No has ever given me the credit I deserve. I can pretend like I donâ??t care, and that I feel nothing about having spent the last year losing every major match Iâ??ve had. One big win doesnâ??t erase all of that failure. It seeps in and festers and poisons your psyche. You come to resign yourself to a career of mediocrity. Is anyone actually surprised that I snapped?â?

The camera pans back just a bit as Kagura takes a breath. She exhales slowly, as a smirk slowly forms on her face.

â??Now I address my opponent for Unscripted, Titus Avison. No doubt heâ??s tried to bury me in typical Titus fashion, you know where he tries to dissect his opponents and explains why heâ??s superior. Thatâ??s not as effective when youâ??re playing the â??good guyâ? is it, â??Mr. Hall-of-Famer?â?? Unlike me, Titus wears a mask. This whole â??Mr. Superheroâ?? persona heâ??s rocking, â??the champion of the peopleâ??, â??the vanquisher of evilâ??; Itâ??s a sham. The real Titus is a narcissistic asshole that doesnâ??t care about anyone but himself. Donâ??t believe me? Look at his title history. Heâ??s really good at chasing the belt, but his major title reigns are trash. And before anyone gets triggered and ties to throw the â??two years as Eurasian championâ?? stat at me, think about it for a second. His longest reign as world champion was from Kingdom Come II to Apocalypse 2010. Thatâ??s piss poor for someone touted as the greatest of all time. His second reign only lasted a few weeks. How is it then, that he can go from mediocre reigns like those to reigning close to a thousand days? Simple, he embraced his real self. He â??turned heel.â? Something never been done before. Was a big shock to everyone. News flash: he was always that way. He was just pretending to be a â??good guy.â? I challenged the EurAvison era myself, and I failed. But hey, Iâ??m the first (thereâ??s that word again) person that Titus Avison has ever cursed publicly. He doesnâ??t care about that belt or any of his fans. If WZCW catches fire and starts to burn, heâ??d be the first out the door. Heâ??d go back to Hollywood to try and win another Oscar.â?

Kagura face takes on a somber tone, as she starts to look a little sad. â??Truth is that WZCW is burning. The foundation is already starting to collapse. Fans are leaving in droves. Giving the belt back to Titus was nothing but a power play in a bid to raise ratings and attendance figures one last time. People love Titus because they want to believe that he represents something good, but he doesnâ??t. Heâ??s a phony riding on the coattails of his past accomplishments. At least I can offer the fans something real, something new, and something raw and unpredictable. Thatâ??s why they havenâ??t completely turned against me. Yeah, I attacked Titus, but I only did that because I wanted to. A dumb person would say that I did it because I must play the bad guy against the superhero.â?

She laughs, â??The fans are going to choose our fates, champ. You think theyâ??ll choose your precious pure rules match? Did you forget that I can see glimpses of the future? I think youâ??ve got a date with me in Tokyo. Even if we did dance under pure rules, you think youâ??d have the advantage over me? Iâ??m a classically trained grappler, and Iâ??m also a good girl that never cheats. You on the other hand cheated your ass off in that match. Youâ??re pretty much fucked either way.â?

Kagura sighs as the camera pans out slowly, â??I think Iâ??ve rambled on long enough for one night. I had a lot I wanted to say, and not a lot of time. So, Iâ??ll just finish with this. For a long time I have been hungry. Starving! Iâ??ve had to claw my way back from nothing so many times that Iâ??ve lost count. Titus, youâ??ve never been hungry. Youâ??ve always feasted. Youâ??ve always been the big fish here. Even though youâ??re a record three time world champion, itâ??s not even your biggest accomplishment. You could quit anytime you want. Me, I canâ??t quit. This is my last bid to establish my legacy as one of the all-time greats in WZCW, and Iâ??m not going to give up on that. Youâ??ll have to kill me first! After five long years of emaciation and withering away, suffering crushing losses, and long bouts of having to fight for every penny I ever earned I finally get the chance to gain everything I ever wanted. Recognition. Adoration. Money. A spot in the hall of fame. I want it all, and more. You canâ??t stop me, Titus! Not this time. All your talk of victory is just empty promises this time around. Itâ??s time for you to bow out and let me take over as champion. Maybe then WZCW will actually have a future to look forward to.â?

The camera feed cuts out before being replaced by more static. When it recovers, all that can be seen is Kaguraâ??s mask lying on the floor.

Thread Information